1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Honk at Me Bro [Public Service Announcement]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by theimpossibles1, Apr 10, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

A general sidenote for Clutchfans who keep calling people "snowflake."; you need to find a new insult.

We get it. You have watched Fight Club and choose to base your identity off of it. But calling someone a unique individual, aside from being scientifically accurate, is hardly insulting.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Kevin Durant?

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If someone is just driving slow in the fast lane, I will move over and then just cut them off back into the fast lane without any turn signal. Otherwise I use the turn signal most of the time.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My road rage comes from people driving recklessly. When I see people driving dangerously it pisses me off. I know that they only do so because they are b****es with teeny, tiny dicks, but for those of us who have a life worth living it is a nuisance.

I usually don't honk for that though. If someone if stupid enough to drive like that, then they're beyond the help of a car horn.

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Passive-aggressively whining about honking on an anonymous BBS /= supreme confidence. If you want another phrase than snowflake, its punk b****.

dharocks likes this.
  7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm not kidding, 100% true...

Yesterday, after a **** day at work with my plantar fasciitis acting up and my feet just killing me, I get in my car to go home and I'm immediately trying to set a land speed record. I'd just had enough of the day and was dying to drink a cold beer on my couch. After honking rudely at at least 2 cars, I got to a stop light and could feel my blood pressure rising... so I flipped on Spotify, found a good "Yacht Rock" playlist and hit "shuffle."

You've never realized how ridiculous it is to yell at your fellow drivers until you're disparaging some hyundai driver's mother to the gentle sounds of Africa by Toto.

I did some real reflecting after that...

8. Nook

Nook Member

I once was driving an F-250 and there was a Honda in front of me in the passing lane. He wouldn't get over or go over 40 miles an hour. Cars behind me were hoking and rather angry. I eventually got into the shoulder, and began to veer my truck into his lane of traffic so that I could t-bone him. He flipped out and swerved into the congested right lane. He hit the guard rail. Nothing happened to me. I was in a hurry to get from Texas to Kentucky.

No I don't really feel bad.

Invisible Fan and Harrisment like this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The honking that annoys me is from people who honk immediately when a light turns green. I don't know what's going on with them; maybe they are racing their dying mother to the emergency room. But honking at me when I've done nothing wrong only makes me slow down.

AXG likes this.
  10. theimpossibles1

Wow bro. Rethink your life!

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This thread has not worked out as OP intended.

12. theimpossibles1

Almost never does. Just wanted to vent about what I find to be annoying drivers and let others do the same. Shocked at some of the completely baseless personal attacks.

13. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

If i feel you have put me in danger or you're being a dick, you will be honked at.

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

that annoys me too...fall the fck back and stop rushing me

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you drive reckless and the other people are a-holes. interesting.

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

In my home country, we all honk because it makes the traffic move faster.

javal_lon and K mf G like this.
  17. Exiled

Exiled Member

this story is hard to believe but bare with me . After 2 days of driving to Washington DC and 9 hours of Australian embassy exam my friend ,his GF and I were stumbled on which direction we should take, that pissed a guy behind us who rudely honked, that deserved giving him the middle finger, not only he smashed our rental Corolla rear bumper and trunk but he was attempting to shoot us , no kidding I ran many redlights,drove on pedestrian curbside, etc; I was honking to police cars so they come to the rescure but they didn't care, it was like an action movies but our lives were on the edge, I don't recall how long the chase lasted , but the first stop after we lost the crazy guy was about 200 miles away from DC,and my heart still beating hard, the car rental in Lafayette LA did not believe the story either, so yeah I'm ok with honking now

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What you don't seem to understand is that based upon your initial post, you appear to be the annoying driver. Those honks you are hearing should alert you to your transgressions.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah sorry about that bro. I just had a bad day, Jack-in-the-Box had ran out of tacos and I was HANGRY

Harrisment and Exiled like this.
  20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Seems like the last handful of times I've hit my horn more often than not it's been on accident.

I intentionally honked at a guy the other day that almost side swiped me with his boat/trailer, but it was a couple of seconds after he had almost hit me as it's not my natural response and I was concentrating more on slamming on the brakes. I'm sure by that point he was thinking "Why is this crazy person honking?".