1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't give up on Carmelo Anthony or Dampier just yet Rockets fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Merla08, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Just Favors. That package wouldn't have netted us a top 3 pick in the draft.

2. KPG

KPG Member

Ageeded

3. Classic

Classic Member

agreed. +rep :cool:

4. hasan08

hasan08 Member

I agree with poster. I think its a good idea to post it as that thread is way too long!!!

5. drich

drich Member

Man someone who is finally thinking here. Now I would move Brooks if there was a way to get a third team involved so that Denver can move Chuncy.

Martin, Melo, Yao, and Scola would be really nice. I came up with a 3 team deal involving Portland that works.

Portland gets Chuncy, Balkman, and one of our 1st round picks we got from New York and our 2nd round pick.
    Chuncy, Bayless
    Roy, Matthews
    Batum, Babbit
    Aldrige, Balkman
    Camby, Przybilla

Denver gets Jefferies, Battier, Chase, Brooks, Hill, Harris, Oden, Cunningham, and our other pick we got from NY plus our 1st round pick.
    All are expiring contracts plus young talent and multiple picks. This is a lot of trade bait also if another superstar come available.
    Brooks, Lawson
    Affalo, Smith,
    Chase, Battier, Al
    Kenyon, Al, Hill,
    Nene, Oden

Rockets get Carmelo, Rudy Fernandez, and Andre Miller.

Andre Miller, Lowry
    Martin, Lee
    Melo, Rudy Fernandez
    Scola, Patterson
    Yao, Miller, Hayes

Before everyone gets upset lets be honest with each other, we have to give some in order to get back what we want or need. Had to throw in the picks to Portland just to convince them to move both Rudy and Oden, plus a line up of Chuncy, Roy, and Aldridge will be a problem for any team. Chicago is not offering Portland anything but a second round pick for Rudy. Send Rudy and Oden for Chuncy, Balkman, a 1st and a 2nd sounds better to me

Denver gets all they want and then some. Expiring deals, young talent and multiple picks. They are getting there future PG and a host of other young talent (trade pieces).

Rockets get Melo and are able to keep Martin. Andre Miller is not just an awful pg, plus by adding Rudy we keep the bench competitive.

6. drich

drich Member

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Not if Martin is included in the deal. We could net a top 5 draft pick if we offered up Martin, Hill, Patterson and Budinger, plus NY 2012 pick.

8. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

i guess they laugh at morey's face n' won't answer a call from DM again now? :rolleyes:

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Carmelo brings a post up game that no 3 or 4 in any conference can hold him. This helps tremendously as Yao is only playing 24 minutes. Carmelo is a beast and will get help with AB, Lee, and Scola.

I love what Martins bring but Carmelo is another beast on both ends.