1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't give up on Carmelo Anthony or Dampier just yet Rockets fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Merla08, Sep 21, 2010.

1. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Man I would not be happy to trade Martin for Anthony. Martin needs to be one of our stock players for many years to come. Not a trading piece like Ariza.

Bring on Dampier though. I'd love to become one of the bigger teams in the league.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Please, folks. The whole Martin speculation is just the media having zero clue about the NBA salary cap. There are gazillion ways the Rockets can make the salary work without Martin, and there's very little reason why he would be included given what Denver's asking. The whole Martin for Melo thing is simply because he's the biggest name out there.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

If you're Denver, would you rather have your choice of Hill or Patterson, in addition to Chase Budinger, or would you rather have just Favors?

4. worzel gummidge

Wouldn't a trade package without Kevin Martin help the Nuggets achieve that goal of reducing salary in the short and longterm?

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd rather not have to root for Melo or Dampier. I like the guys we got. There's plenty of potential basketball greatness on our roster right now.

6. Htown's2kFinest

Well that means if we make a deal with them Jeffries is a sure goner. He's got an expiring and Anthony probably wouldn't want to see JJ on the same team after that punk **** he did in New York.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Melo is 10 million times better than Martin, and not a soft, injury prone, fairy...

If you can make the switch you do it in a second...

8. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I wonder players morey is dangling at denver for us to be making such a strong push? I say for sure budinger is part of it, maybe morey is trying to get carmelo to pair up with yao, to lure in a 3rd all star and have our own big 3.

9. danoman

fixed

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

+Rep

DD

11. danoman

with melo we could get a 3rd star on this team and have our own big 3 with kevin... maybe, also keeping martin is more of a risk since he is more injury prone, yes he has an amazing shot, but the question is can he carry us to a championship if we needed him to?

12. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

Chris_Broussard

Neither NJ or Den been told Melo will re-sign w/NJ. Until then, Melo-to-NJ all speculation. One exec told me Melo won't sign w/NJ.

5 minutes ago via Echofon

1 person likes this.
  13. worzel gummidge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

I agree that keeping Martin is important for the Rockets. People forget he will have a full off season to work with the team and get better and more fluid.

I'd love to add Anthony, but not at the risk of altering team chemistry, or losing pieces that will help make the team good now. Don't get me wrong, Anthony would be a nice get...but what exactly in terms of a complete team are people willing to lose pieces, just to have him?

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

C'mon DM keep martin! and AB!

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Yeah because we will offer up our crap for a young superstar in return. :rolleyes:

17. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Is it even possible to give up on Dampier? I guess I never give up on him being a failure of a human being forever tainted with a Mav sized yeast infection.

1 person likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how our forum would look If we all used a post to tell the world who we repped... Don't you have an edit function?

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Sending Melo out of the conference >>> Playing Melo 4 times a year

Sending a Melo to a team further off from winning >> Making Melo an instant contender

Savings from Murphy's $12M expiring ~ Jeffries $7M expiring + $4M TE

Paying lux tax on a big that gives you 15-10 and 38% from deep >>> Paying lux tax on a niche defensive tweener/offensive liability

Getting Favors at $4M and under contract for the next several years > Getting Martin at $11M ($36M/3 years)

Getting the Nets pick with Melo < Getting the Knicks pick

We aren't competitive as it stands. We'd need to really trump the Nets to make it worth Denver's while to keep Melo in the conference and likely have immediate success in Houston. And then the deal starts to look less and less attractive on our end.

TE for Andersen

Martin, Battier, Hill, both Knicks picks for Anthony

Jeffries for Harrington

It's a poison pill contract, but the Nuggets would realize massive savings and could be a solid $30M below the cap next summer if they lost him and Andersen.

Evan

1 person likes this.
  20. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Trevor Ariza trade "last week". Okay, good job copying and pasting from older articles to fill up your column word count, lol.

Nothing new here, people