1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Blame Morey Blame....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Knowing these two powder puffs and their history, Morey should have had a better "Plan B" in place. Maybe not even that, ***** should just be better right now.

If the man is as much of a wizard as so many love to believe, we should have never fallen to the level we're at right now. We are LITERALLY one of the worst teams in the league with LITERALLY one of the bleakest outlooks...and you want to call this man a wizard?!?

Wizards don't make excuses, mofos, wizards make magic.

2. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

So... What? Tracy and Yao were supposed to say, "Gee whiz, guys, you don't have to give me a multi-million dollar, multi-year deal. I might get hurt and become an albatross."

Find me one player in the history of this league that would say that, and I'll show you a pig that can fly.

3. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Blaming players for getting injured? :rolleyes:

Why are you looking for someone to blame? The organization understands the reality of the situation and they're moving forward. Today showed that.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. RocketMania1991

Did he have chances? Give me time periods/years/who could he have gotten?

Was Les going to approve these trades, did he really want to trade his $ machine Yao?

Sorry but you can't make statements on what you don't know is true.

Fact is that Morey didn't hand out these contracts to these players. He unfortunately inherited them

You can't criticize a GM when he had no part in getting these players.

Criticize him for the players he signed/traded/had control over. But by the time Morey got the reigns the damage had already been done.

5. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Jesus, Bob McNair...is that you?

6. RocketMania1991

What I'm saying is you can't blame Morey right now. He is trying to get out of a situation that a past GM put him in.

7. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

He had no other option... When McGrady was healthy and playing great, you couldn't just trade him away. Yao was exactly the same. Les wouldn't stand for that. He wanted to win and win now... Which a lot of people thought we could. Then they got hurt and no one wanted those awful contracts that CD and Les signed them to. I'm not saying Morey isn't an idiot or anything, he's made some bad moves. Just saying that he's trying to make this team a contender with the few options he has.

8. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Yes we could have been bizzaro chicago with derrick rose and jokaim noah!

9. moreyball

moreyball Member

No one should be blamed. It's just bad luck that we had a crapload of expiring contracts in a year where they were not as coveted around the league.

10. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

I agree that you can't blame Morey for what happened to Mac and Yao. I don't think you can blame anyone for it, really. Sometimes things like that happen, and there's not a whole lot anyone can do about it except for move on.

I would be a little shocked if Blazers fans were blaming Brandon Roy himself for not having any cartilage left in his knees. Nor should they. Why would we do that to our former players? Its silly, really.

1 person likes this.
  11. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This guy hates the Rockets.

12. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

DM's only fault was allowing us to go two years with Hayes as center. He should of found, traded or developed a back up. Other than Miller, who was to compliment Yao. A potential defensive 5, like we aquired today. Yao has been injury prone for several years and he should of had a plan B earlier.

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Ha! e difference is, I don't think Bob McNair can blame his team on rotten luck. After watching Morey's press conference tonight, I believe that Morey and company get it, are doing their best, and will continue until the team gets better. Rick Adelman has earned my respect over many years, and he's likely gone anyway. Les Alexander has proven over many years that he will bring star power to Houston given the chance. The players are playing hard, they're just aren't very talented. **** a blame, b! They placed their bets on Yao and McGrady and they crapped out. They get it and they're moving on. That's my opinion, and if you're not convinced, I'll just have to understand.

Now Bob McNair I don't think gets it, and if he does, he doesn't care. He has terrible and unproven people working for him. I don't think you can say that about Les Alexander and the Rockets.

14. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

But... He's the Buddy Christ... Look how friendly he is.