1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

my only concern is that his moves are great, his defense ok but he is foul prone and inconsistent. If he gets it together he could be awesome but with dwight in the line-up post up ops are low and he is stuck shooting the 3 ball which he shoots at ike a 12% clip

2. omgTHEpotential

If we're calling his defense ok, then TJones has no defense at all.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

He looked great tonight.
    Let's stay humble though. It was against the kings minus Gay and Collison. Yes, I know we were missing players too, but it's still the kings. We're not settling to be better than them.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. So true.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

When D12 comes back and TJ is still out we should try DMO as a stretch 4. I wonder if DMO can guard opposing 4s. Maybe on a match up to match up basis.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely the best game of his career so far tonight.

I said it in another thread, but if he can give us half that nightly once Dwight and Jones get back then we'll be golden.

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Is this sarcasm? Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken but I think your being serious. If so what do you think they've been doing in the past with no success?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

DMo's post ability and his passing ability is why he's a fit with Howard on the court, i they don't bring an extra man, he scores, if they do, he can hit Howard for the dunk or hit an open guy at the 3 point line.

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If you had not noticed D-Mo has been playing most of these games guarding the PF. It is only in crunch time that D-Mo moves over to guard the 5. Like tonight. I suspect McHale is trying to ensure D-Mo does not get into foul trouble. He smothers opposing PFs. If D-Mo gets into foul trouble we are looking at a big rotation of Dorsey, Black and Papa. Can you say screw*d?

10. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Hey douchebag that left this anonymous rep.
    I'm talking of having DMo play in the post. Not shooting threes. You want him to continue shooting threes?

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yes exactly. I think D-Mo is overall a much better fit with Howard than anyone. For the same reasons that Scola was an excellent fit with Yao.

They don't really need D-Mo to grab 10 rebounds a night from the PF spot because Dwight grabs so many. So that weakness gets covered up as well.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I actually am good with D-Mo shooting treys. With his post game and his defense, if he could hit a league average ...

13. Pete the Cheat

When everyone gets healthy we need to be running our second unit through DMo in the post.

Surrounded by Canaan, Terry, Papa and Black there should be enough situational awareness to run an inside-out offense. To this point DMo has proven reliable if kept engaged, it's up to the coaches to keep the touches coming.

14. Pete the Cheat

Both players need to show more patience in the post. Long term I think it's the best tandem if Howard can develop any awareness in passing out of the post

15. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I'm not saying DMo shouldn't take them if it's open but I envision his optimal style of play would resemble a young Pau Gasol.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You are probably right. But man, a 7 footer with a reliable shot from beyond the arc next to Howard ...

17. bongman

bongman Member

Can we upgrade Dmo to a Y factor now? :)

18. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yeah that would be ideal next to Howard. But DMo's struggles with confidence and consistency can possibly be attributed to asking a young player to do things that are not in their wheelhouse. DMo's failures is one of my biggest gripes with Mchale.

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

He is the man after all. LOL.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I am very impressed by DMO's game. Keep it up:eek: