1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think you need to do your best A-train impersonation for the rest of the season. ;)

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

You're an idiot. Your previous posts on this matter made that clear.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Indeed! More than happy to eat humble pie :grin:

I didn't want to say anything after the Dallas game, but he looked good there. Quite surprised how well he played against the big Sacto front line. Big test for him against the Clippers, and will also be a big test next time he plays alongside either of Dwight or Jones (to see how his confidence holds up, and how well he lets them play the help D).
    Hopefully Dwight is playing vs Clippers!

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Can you please make a post complaining about Dorsey's free throw (and his all around game)?

Actually, nevermind, some things are beyond even your ability to jinx :p

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

D-Mo somehow became scared of the wolves. So he couldn't go into the woods. Now due to injuries he's been forced into the woods. And he's learned to not fear the wolves again.

1 person likes this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Did the wolves bite him first?

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

That's what I have also been saying. He does his best work in the paint. He is a center. He needs to be our full time backup center. I think at times the offense can flow better with DMo in the lineup, than with Dwight. DMo can also get minutes as backup power forward.

ClutchFans need to give up on the DMo vs TJones thing. It's got to be DMo AND TJones. there are plenty of minutes for both players, and we need both plyers.

I'm really not too crazy about Dwight and DMo on the court at the same time. They take up the same space on the floor.

8. newAge_Rockets

D Mo! I love how he was calling for the ball against Cousins tonight! Wow, he's progressed so much, i hope he keeps it up. Those moves were SWEET!

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

OK. That was a phenomenal game by D-Mo. Absolutely smothered everybody he was guarding. And provided great help defense also. The offense was just a bonus. Christ the Rockets lineup out there tonight was at times D-League championship material. D-Mo, Papa, Garcia, and Canaan on the floor together? Props to the coaching staff.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

96 minutes at the C and PF positions. D-Mo, Jones and Howard. Just wow.

11. conquistador#11

(to the tune of busta rhymes)
    scared of going into the woods
    gimme some mo'
    dine and wine with harden and howard
    gimme some mo'
    lithuanian come to the rescue
    gimme some mo'

12. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Mooter aka D-Mo is developing before our eyes. He seems to have overcome the nba learning curve and is now looking confident out on the court. Credit the coaching staff for getting this guy ready to play. McHale has his shortcomings as a head coach but I think he is doing a tremendous job with the rockets post players.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

McHale is without peer at player development.

14. conquistador#11

instead of shooting threes, i know i know it's a far fetched dream since you'd have to draw something up, but play him of the high post. One of his best assets is his passing ability for a big man.

15. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Maybe we can get DMo to play all our backup minutes at 4/5. That should be 30 minutes a game for him. 18 at PF, 12 at C.

Dwight/Donuts
    Jones/Donuts

16. baubo

baubo Member

DMo's defense has been really impressive. Remember when he first played and was just falling awkwardly all over the place and just let everyone run by him. If he keeps this up, we might've just found our backup center.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

He is our backup center. And power forward. It is less than optimal that he is starting though. Have you seen how McHale protects him from fouls until crunch time? I feel sure he is starting to turn heads in the FO of many NBA teams.

18. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

The coaching staff was forced (thru injury) to play DMo in his correct role. Otherwise they'd still have him jacking up threes and we'd be cursing his name. So lol at the notion that the coaching staff should be praised for developing DMo's post game. Posters with understanding of the game spotted his post play talent since his first stint in the summer leagues during his rookie season. Yet we ask him to shoot threes over and over. Smh:(

1 person likes this.
  19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I'd love this.

20. omgTHEpotential

DMo is good when he's feeling trust from everyone around him.