1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

When does the Chinese season end? Luis is starting and producing for them. He's even hitting 36% of his 3 point shots on 72 attempts (which shocked me). We could really use a guy like him on the bench.

Viva Scola!!

Little Bit and Easy like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Whenever I need a good laugh...I remember this thread. Comes through for me every time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its good though that you can now just watch rockets play instead...dmo would make difference on this depleted rockets team

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...not really. DMo was fine, but he was/is the definition of replaceable. And it's not like he would have stayed healthy either.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

everybody is replaceable...dmo would be awesome on this rockets...playmaking at 5 , floor stretching, hustle, passing, instant iso offense when harden sits

s3ts, Pen15clubber and Snow Villiers like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

See...this is where I think DMo got overrated. He was fine, sure. But if he was truly "playmking at 5, floor stretching, hustle, passing, and instant iso offense" then he would not be overseas right now and he'd be on a teams roster.

He probably still should be, but he ain't that good.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He got overrated real quick by some of the usual posters who love to stick to a narrative. Buuuuut I think he is better than black and would fit nicely into this team.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes, I do agree.

Pen15clubber and Snow Villiers like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he is only good at the CBA, or in Europe, he is too soft for the better teams in the NBA or he can't be consistent for 80 games and Playoff games.

Unfortunately. He should be given a run in the NBA though but on a contender too much risk.

People like Markkanen and Porzingis are going to be way better than he would be. And youngs keep coming.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

smh............

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

"D-Mo my main PF."
    *Pays Ryan Anderson $80M*

:D

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not sure if he can be starter in nba, that particularly as per his health, but he would be perfect as 9/10th man, that is, for this injury contingency situation on rockets, nobody on rockets besides harden can create zilch nor is any good as iso player while dmo excels at both of these things

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Assuming you guys are speaking about cp3 not included because he is injured this is super correct. To make matters worse EG who isn't exactly a good creator himself is moved to starting and the. You have 0 creative players coming off the bench. I'd almost rather play Bobby brown because he has a prayer of hitting a shot out there in the bench unit. We need guys who aren't total 0s on offense. This team is created beautiful but has absolutely glaring holes when not healthy. Which is normal for most teams but not the super elite. I think it's safe to say morey is working on it

14. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Agreed, I was one of the ones overrating him but he looked pretty solid prior to that back injury. I do think he would be a much better fit than Black on this team. Decent 3 point shot, defense, IQ and hustle. No key piece or anything but he would add some decent depth if he was healthy and cheap.

Little Bit and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'm convinced that most players in the Chinese league smoke or get high or rather do anything that makes their basketball prowess abilities less than the average American Middle School.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have no idea what the Chinese players, or the lifestyle of the other foreign players in China, amounts to, but that wouldn't describe Luis.

#7956 Deckard, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This thread is a great read for all of us. I read it from a comedic lens. The amount of tense discussions and various phrases for DMo are fun to go back and reminisce.

From "X-Factor" to "Superstar" or "Super Role Player"....DMo sure had Rockets fans riled up.

Before his injury, I was part of the group who preferred TJones over DMo, despite being told countless times that DMo was the better talent. When healthy, TJ put up some great numbers with us, and there were times he looked amazing next to Dwight.

Anyway, good stuff...an echo of the KLow/ABrooks debate, or even way back to heated threads about good-ol-JazzCrushin'-Tooth-Losin' Carl Landry.

I'm grateful for the intelligent basketball conversations on Clutchfans, even when I completely disagree.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dang someone dug Dmo's corpse out the grave again. Man let this man rest in peace. He will never be a Rocket again.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Did he fire his agent BJ Armstrong yet?

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

I haven't kept up with how Dmo been doin. But there's three things he needs to know how to do.

1. Hit 3s
    2. Defend 3-4 spot.
    3. Rebound

If he can be good at two of them, I don't mind signing him. It doesn't mean we have to give him a ridiculous contract or even put him in the rotation for 20 minutes.