1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Has he really earned anyone's trust? When he gets the ball in the post, how much would you bet he gets a basket. I like DMo, but I would feel a lot safer betting on a Harden ISO than a DMo post-up. Do I just not know the stats? This is just based on my eye test. Seems like DMo doesn't deliver consistently.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Can DMo pull the butt sweat trick on Dray tonight?

Hate to say it, but the X factor wiping out Green is our best chance of making the 2nd round.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Dwight and Motie had their guys go 5-8 from downtown

So uh..

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Horrible series for the "x factor"

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Love DMo but it doesn't take a genius to know that (as I said before the series) that this is a bad matchup for DMo in the past defensively and Capela should have gotten the start due to the fact that he can switch on wing shooters much better and bother them with his length.

DMo is okay next to Howard as a 4 normally but Dwight has completely checked out so obviously it's going to be challenging to have any kind of chemistry with his as his 4 man. He's always been a tough guy to play with as a 4 unless you are a stretch 4.

So say what you want about his performance but he wasn't really put in position to succeed as the starting 4 mostly due to his teammates and his stupid coaches who could have used him in small ball lineups at the 5.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think Dmo has done well against green for getting demoted in the first game and not getting any ****ing pt prior to the playoffs . The one game we won Dmo out scored and rebounded green .

Am I the only one noticing that green does most of his scoring while Dmo is on the bench or guarding someone else ??

If Dmo can regain some athleticism this summer I will absolutely love with him as my starting 4 .

9. Mr. Motiejunas

Dmo will be better once he gets the post touches he deserves. Too elite in the post to not get at least 6-8 postups a game.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dmo has not been playing horrible. Like I told you all when DMo became the starter. He, like Terrence Jones, is way to inconsistent thus making them both mediocre at best. Neither have come close to being the answer at starting pf. The perfect answer to that would have been Vucevic.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Dude , how do you come up with these takes ? Seriously .

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dmo should have been the starting 5, and Beasley the starting 4 in this series.

DD

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Close , but wrong . Clint at 5 Dmo at 4 . It's so obvious guys . Btw I think Dmo made some money this series .

14. dobro1229

Did you watch the entire first quarter of the game tonight? Was it any surprise to you that Kerr was running play after play knowing that Rockets would either half ass switch with DMo with their P&R coverage or double with DMo leaving guys open in the paint?

Part of it is the Rockets pathetic defensive coverage from the coaches, but this is a tough team for DMo to guard when they switch .... Which is like every play.

15. dobro1229

I agree with that. If the reports are true (and I think they are from what I can tell) Howard shouldn't have been on this roster past the trade deadline.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's called being realistic.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yes , I dunno why we switched . Dmo has shown a good job of being able to make draymond take tough shots . One time he switched on Thompson and then had to try and go around a moving screen by bogut , obviously klay was wide open .

Dmo one on one with green was fine , even in pick and rolls he did a good job or trapping and getting back to his man . I blame Howard a lot , also Ariza is just having a **** game in general .

GS made tough shots too . Unlike most people here I'm able to separate the quality of defense we play and the outcome of the play . If we force them into a fought contested shot and they make it , we didn't play bad defense . A lot of people just can't grasp that .

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look I said it before the series the org should move on from Dwight and play the young guys.

DD

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

LOL in what way is it realistic to start a center at the 4 . I like vucevic, but the dude is a 5 .

20. dobro1229

If he's on the roster he's gotta play or you'll have bigger problems on your hand. The issue is with Dwight and his chemistry/relationships with Harden and others. If it's really been this bad and it's clear he was leaving, your only shot of rallying the team was to get him off the roster one way or another. Should have had the balls to make the move.