1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. CertifiedTroll

Too me DMo looks uncoordinated as hell. I think he has good footwork from practice, but he starts trying to move his feet so fast his body doesnt keep up. A 3 year old can knock him down when he is trying to make his move.

2. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

The numerous alley-oops to Chandler were getting very frustrating, so I'm not sure he is really a back-up center. Better at the PF position.

Also, I can't really understand the terrible hook shot. He is coordinated (despite what many are saying, the guy is agile for his size), fast, and has good footwork. I can't figure out the hook shot. He seems to rush it really bad, which to me is a practice and/or coaching issue rather than a coordination thing. It could also be because he doesn't have the strength to gain his balance and go up straight while being bumped.

3. Textroets

Textroets Member

no, I actually mentioned that as a strong point of his. I pay attention to all aspects. I have season tickets and have noticed that at every game there is a man who also has season tickets who wears an overseas D Mo jersey. This wouldn't happen to be you would it haha? You sure do stick up for him a lot.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

What's this potentially high lottery pick we have to offer now?

We don't have jack to offer for Millsap even if he was available. People need to give up the dream already.

5. sfayner

sfayner Member

I wish he would quit falling down all the time. I don't remember ever seeing a player fall down while waiting for a guy to shoot a free throw before. And how he wasn't called for a lane violation, I don't know.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yao fell down a lot too. I think Dmo gets a lot of BS from officials and maybe as he keeps getting minutes and becomes more " proven" around the league some of these calls will disappear. He gets beat up on a decent amount and on the other end gets whistled for touch fouls frequently. I think he has started flopping a bit to try and correct these calls. Hopefully he gets more respect and stops falling down.

Other than that i really like Dmo, hes gonna be a really good player and he is already very solid defensively ( of course he can improve there).

1 person likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are more important X-factors

Can TJones be a viable 3rd option? Can Ariza find his shot and be a viable 4th option?

Can Bev improve so much on Offense that it will help the team in the 3rd and 4th quarter?

Is Terry a viable 6th man given his old age?

Who among the young guys or 2nd year players can step up their game and contribute?

Who is the strongest to come out of the Dleague and from the Vipers?

Is Papa a point forward, a stretch forward or just a fun comic figure who can do the bounce pass?

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

What are you talking about? He gets crucified all the time. My original post was a balanced take on D-Mo. He has a long ways to go, but he is not as horrible as the "complete trash" crowd makes him out to be.

9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

My only problem with DMo is I think he's to much of a p***y for the nba. The dude seems to have no confidence in himself physically. I bet Beverly could honestly whoop his ass if they fought lol

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure why you think i was talking about your post specifically but fair assessment nonetheless. Dmo still hasn't shown much but obviously is better options than black and dorsey which isn't saying much at all. it's the few people that overrate this guy that warrant all the talk for me atleast. (ex. he's a $10 mil per yeah player or he is as good as Asik defensively) if you think people believe he is "complete trash", there's obvious reasons why they think so. how many times are we going to see lets hope this is the start for dmo. he still struggles for a string of games before having a decent game here or there.

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

First off i don't hate D-Mo, but I know D-Mo is not the superstar that jtr is making him out to be....

If you want to drink jtr's kool-aid.. have at it, but he needs to stop acting like the LOF's that did the same as him... Which is act like D-Mo is the best Center and defensive player on this team and anytime says anything bad about the man he gets so freaking defensive...

T_Man

12. omgTHEpotential

So that's what he said, is it?

You're welcome...

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I hope we take more advantage of him in the post.

I feel fairly comfortable with the possession if he is posting up. If only Howard had his abilities :(

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I completely agree, but it should be from the bench. God I hope TJ is alright.

15. oakdogg

Why are y'all so sold on TJones as some potential savior for the team? I still have LMA abusing his weak ass tattooed on my brain. TJones might be alright in a couple years. But he's not helping us go anywhere in the playoffs this year.

And do not say that LMA scored just as much on Asik. Against Asik, LMA was making contested fadeaways. Against TJones, LMA backed him all the way down to point blank range for a layup. How the hell can that be THE most glaring weakness in last year's playoffs and it not be addressed?! WTF?!!!

16. oakdogg

I'm really pumped about that cap flexibility though!

1 person likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

who said he was the savior? if you haven't noticed he's definitely been missed pretty significantly in the recent games that have been played. is that your only knock on Jones that LMA abused him? who doesn't LMA abuse? he scored on the reigning defensive player of the year this past friday all night

18. cebu

cebu Member

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

You're freaking delusion if you think D-Mo is the best defender on this team or you taking some serious drugs...

You guys can read or translate all the freaking stats you want and turn them upside down and inside out...

D-Mo is an OK player and is far away from being the best defender on this team.

T_Man

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You're comfortable with a 48% vs 58% 2pt field goal percentage?

Donatas is also far less likely than Howard to draw fouls.