1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Terrible but still putting solid numbers.

Fans are cruel. They probably thought they had a 20 and 10 monster much like Cousins.

It aint that easy.

And you peope still forget Valanciunas is 1 year YOUNGER than Donatas.

2. nobie

nobie Member

Sure, i just remember ppl whining we got DMo instead of JV, even though JV was picked 5. Right now DMo is already showing maturity, and JV has still yet to mature as a player.

3. omgTHEpotential

I follow both teams. Trust me when I say this, Valanciunas is not a good defender. He is okay-ish in post-defense some of the time, but man does he suck at PnR defense / rotations. He's so slow he has to be 6-8 ft away from his man when he's defending the perimeter, just so he wouldn't get flown by by the centers who are able to put it on the floor. Also bites on a lot of pumpfakes, not great in positioning himself, makes silly fouls from time to time.

4. dtrain0928

dtrain0928 Member

Once D-mo stopped doing his hair every night, his game has consistently improved lol!! I'm anxious to see what Howard and Dmo can do on the court together! IMO D-Mo has solidified himself as the starting PF.

5. omgTHEpotential

I don't think that it matters whether he starts or not. I just want him to get minutes. It's up to the coaches to decide whether Dwight and DMo are a fit together on the floor to start the game together.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

people whined we didn't get JV? it wasn't actually possible for us to get JV

7. nobie

nobie Member

exactly

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Why do you give a crap if some fans overhype players, who does it hurt? You?

This rational is mindblowingly stupid.

It is an excuse for you to troll or because you made a bold series of statements decreeing Motiejunas was gonna be a total scrub and you are trolling now to make people overlook your past predictions as early trolling.

Just stop now. That goes for you who feel the need to keep piling on.

Just f****** stop already

2 people like this.
  9. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You're responding to a guy who literally said something along the lines of clutchfans is full of racists who want to hype up D-Mo because he's white (or rather not black) and keep putting down our black players (such as Dorsey).

His rationale is not the only thing about him that is mind blowing and stupid.

11. elainas

elainas Member

12. omgTHEpotential

Well yeah, but I didn't really mean it that way. What I meant was if DMo played alongside Dwight, would he still get his post-up touches? Or would he be made to go back to perimeter to hoist up threes instead of using his great post-game.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

DMO is only 24 years old and if he played for 36 mins a night he'll give you 12 pts and 8 a night on almost 50% shooting with above average defense. Put that with a 7'1 body and that's not exactly scrub material, if you think players like that grow on trees then that's your problem.

Mcfail is the worst coach in the league! Harden is a fake superstar who only scores because he flops! Everybody hates Dwight! Our bench is all scrubs :rolleyes:

14. omgTHEpotential

Draft express puts him at 7'0":

H: 7' 0"
    Bday: 09/20/1990
    (24 Years Old)

Best Case: Pau Gasol
    Worst Case: Yi Jianlian

1 person likes this.
  15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Die-hard fan right here. Seriously if you replace D-mo in his sentence with Morey, you have Morey-haters on here. Hating because others like him.

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/ifr/TautGrandioseKissingbug" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="600" height="338" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);" ></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

nasty forearm from D'Mo there

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

That was so beautiful. And it was against Gasol. After having watched D-Mo play for Prokom it was obvious that he has a real mean streak on the court. I do believe he is big enough and powerful enough to man the center position in the NBA. Every few games he does end up on his butt, but a foul is generally called. He is playing smarter and gaining the respect of the refs.

19. omgTHEpotential

This is basketball poetry right there. So smooth too, everything is one motion, from the spin to the hook.

20. basketballholic

Every player in the NBA winds up on their butt once in a while. Even those that ain't playing.