1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I like Dmo alot. If he`s healthy we need to sign him long term! I feel he`s better for the team than Dhoward in that long run.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

Morey won't bank on DMO health to start this yr, most are blind right now, can't expect this man just to come back day 1 beasting. He's showed a lot of improvement this yr I will say that. Especially from 3.

But if you can recall when jones came back, jones out played him quick and people in this thread were back low on DMO about his rebounding etc.

It's like when jones plays bad we want to DMO to start, when DMO plays bad we want jones to start.

And Howard has always played better with jones. DMO made his runs when Howard was out never really with Howard, because they both like the ball on the post. I still see him as the perfect fit off the bench, but a strech 4 would be great playing with Howard.

Yeah DMO can shoot the 3 but his strength is posting up.

But here we go again HIGH on DMO won't trade him But for a star.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL....You really believe that happened?

4. Play07

Play07 Member

Watched every game did jones not come back and start & was beasting before that 2nd injury ? After that he looked super slow non aggressive

5. nobie

nobie Member

Last 15games DMo played 38mpg, prolly cuz he was getting outplayed

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only reason Jones was starting at PF was because DMo was starting at the 5. As to his performance, he was inconsistent as always...in fact, the only time he's consistent is in the playoffs, where he's consistently terrible.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

Ok we will see this season what DMO does, but you avoided a lot about my post I never said jones is better. Dmo never proved he was the answer at PF with Howard. And I think PF starting spot is still in question this season.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Do not argue with BobbytheFluke LOL. Anyone that astonishingly has 15K+ posts in over 2 years will spew out anything. Do not engage haters.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Last 15 games is not when Jones came back.

Jones definitely upped the rebounds from the 4 and had a few games when he returned where he was outplaying DMo. I remember the knee jerks at CFans saying that now Jones should start.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I wonder if we can train D-Mo to throw up those lobs that Smith does for Dwight. I trust D-Mo's BBIQ and decision making far more than Smith's who has a tendency of going full r****d.

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

When DMO was playing center, Jones was #3 option, after James and DMO, with almost no shot clock... what do you expect? After his 2nd injury to the ribs, he was not the same. He did spark that comeback in LA with that 3 pointer. Expect him to beast again if he stays.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with Jones is that he can't do anything unless another player sets it up for him. He can't reliably create his own shot, he's a fairly poor defender, and he's not even a reliable shooter.

Pretty much the only thing he brings to the table is regular season rebounding and transition scoring....neither of which are terribly valuable or hard to replace. If he's still on the roster this season, we can all hope that he'll be 3rd string and will only serve as a victory cigar.

13. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

A versatile, improving, team oriented player that will likely get $15mm/yr if he can stay healthy yet people still complain about the pf position.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not the smart ones.

;)

DD

15. radcan61

radcan61 Contributing Member

This is how i look at the PF position, when you decide which one to play. what skill set will he bring to the game every night, rebound,defense,post play or three point shot. What does Terrance, D-mo or Smith bring from your point of view.

So who would you play and why?

16. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I know he has the ABILITY to do it. I want to see him do it a lot more. I see a lot more low bounce or scoop passes from him in the post instead, though that maybe due to barely playing with Dwight. He is tall enough to easily lob it over anyone from a elbow post for it to be a bread and butter play for Dwight off a high post PnR between him and D-Mo.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I have to say the jump DMo took from the beginning of the season to the end right before he got hurt was one of the biggest single-season jumps I've ever seen from a player, it was incredible. I was not a DMo fan his first two years but then something happened in that first Sacramento game (he had a few decent games before that but the Sacramento game was where he started to be consistently better) that changed him. He played with a confidence after that game that I hadn't seen from him before.

I truly believe that had TJones not gotten injured this might have never happened, funny how things work.

If we do not keep Smith I would like to have both Jones and DMo back at PF next season, if they are both healthy we will have a solid rotation.

Jones was playing well before that rib injury where he was awful to finish the year.

Going to be an interesting training camp to see how McHale handles the PF rotation.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think some of the blame for this falls on Dwight . Dwight was clearly more athletic and going 100% in the playoffs .. He was a lot healthier then too . Dmo didn't throw lobs during the season because either couldn't or didn't want to go get them.

20. omgTHEpotential

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Donatas Motiejunas completely fakes out Roy Hibbert. (Vine by <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans">@clutchfans</a>) <a href="https://t.co/YdPJlVLgYy">https://t.co/YdPJlVLgYy</a></p>&mdash; Jeeshan (@TheBengaliMamba) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheBengaliMamba/status/620124755199438848">July 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>