1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Lots of focus on his posture, from what i can tell....Too much rounding of the lower back before is likely what lead to his injury.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="lt" dir="ltr">Started working with pitshark <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rehab?src=hash">#Rehab</a> Best wishes! Prasideda darbas su svoriais. LinkÄ—jimai! <a href="http://t.co/5qjWv5HMzY">pic.twitter.com/5qjWv5HMzY</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/619266556246237184">July 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Comparing DMo to Kanter, DMo is the better post player, shooter, and defender. Kanter just got a max deal, and barring another injury, so will DMo.

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

If we could I would give him a max deal now. I know that's overpaying but it will be a bargain compared to next year. And you know someone is going to max him out.

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Dmo aint no damn max player at the moment and neither kanter. I hope dmo turns into a max player next season. We can use him to lure kevin durant as a teammate or a sign and trade bait

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kanter literally is a max player....he currently has a signed max offer sheet, he will be paid the max. DMo is pretty close to Kanter offensively and is considerably better defensively. Odds are pretty good that he'll get a max offer from someone.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Mavs will throw Dmo a max deal is he has a great year.

7. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I wanna keep dmo for everrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Extend him now and then extend his extension along with harden. That's the core of the future

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

love dmo always working hard hope he retires a rocket

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Besides harden and Howard, dmo is the one guy that can make the rockets championship contenders. If he can make that jump to being a boarder line allstar pf (big if) then the rockets are ready for blast off. One thing that is underrated and a big key in becoming a very good player in the league is passing and dmo is a very good passer for a big.

If he can improve his developing jump shot and become better on the boards I see no reason why he can't be a 17/9 guy next season. The rockets need to change their identity a little bit and become a much stronger rebounding team. No more cherry picking from everyone but Dwight, That means more dmo crashing the boards or whoever is playing pf. This is a must for next season.

Basketball is a game of luck and skill and hopefully the luck is on our side and we can have good health all around. Bev can't be injured for a 3rd playoff straight we need dmo strong come playoffs Howard can take 15 games off but only if the other guys are playing all year (dmo/jones) I'm confident in Ariza and harden tags it everyone else I'll be praying for to not suffer any injuries.

Some team that we think is better than us will have major injuries. It's part of the game last year it was us and okc this year my money would be on the spurs or warriors. I just have a gut feeling that the spurs old guys have finally hit Father Time and currys glass ankles will flare back up. I don't wish injury to anyone but it is part of the game.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DMo is better than Kanter - and he will be worth whatever a team is willing to pay him.

Quick, tall, skilled post players who play very smart on both sides of the ball are rare - he will command a huge salary.

DD

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The skill set and height is what matters most when describing Dmo because he sure hell aint that long at all. Like a 9ft flat reach at best and a mere 6'11 wingspan. He's got the height to see above the defense than uses his skill to do some scoring or help defending.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a true 7 footer, who is ultra skilled and plays smart all over the floor - and is getting better and better.

Those are in VERY high demand.

DD

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I would not say he is better than Kanter, maybe he can be next season though if he improves.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

But he's not long like say an Alex Len, Hassan Whiteside, or even Mozgov. Hence why he doesn't dunk much. He's got a weak core preventing that explosive move up and over the rim and could learn from a guy like Blake Griffin who isn't very long neither.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's very much better than him defensively and has better offensive tools. If given the choice between the two of them, I doubt many pick Kanter if they know what they are talking about.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree I think most GMs if not all would pick dmo over Kanter. Ones a top 10 defender in the NBA one is a top 10 worst defender off all time plus dmo is cheaper. I can guarantee dmo won't command as much next he on the open market.

I think the spending will avg out next summer I don't see teams throwing 17 mil a yr at guys like Kanter and Wes Mathews. I'm seriously surprised at how much money Mathews is getting I can't believe anyone would pay him more than harden or curry new cap and all. In a normal year he's a 6-8 mil tops kind of guy.

Parsons I think really was the beginning of avg players getting superstar money.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I will admit, I have been largely proven wrong by D-Mo on many levels this past season and he has grown to be a very solid player. I still have a few legitimate concerns about him however, before I am willing to say he reached the next level mainly the following:

1. Rebounding - This guy sucks at it. I see him bobble or fumble the ball a lot or try to box out when he is the biggest player on the team. Why are you boxing out for a PG dude? Go up strong and grab that sucker! Even if you don't win the fight big fella, at least show the opponent you are more than willing to. D-Mo really needs to up his rebounding, though next to Dwight, his weakness in this area actually meshes very well.

2. Bulk or Speed - This is the crossroads of where I feel we are at with D-Mo. He simply lacks the explosion necessary IMO to keep up with a lot of the elite bigs we have in the league IMO. At the same time, bulking up will slow him down and hamper his agility. I also have durability concerns with him bulking up and facing centers long term. I will just have to wait patiently to see how he returns and how he performs when he shakes off his rust.

3. Durability and Long Term Effects of Back Injury - This is what concerns me the most with D-Mo. He had back surgery. That is DEBILITATING! People may try to say he is not very athletic to begin with so it won't affect him as much. Those people are stupid and wrong. I am very eager to see how he does in training camp and what sort of movements he will show.

18. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

the way dmo is overrated on this board:eek:

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

^^

I see this rehab process as crucial for Dmo's career and the rocket's hopes. I think he can work signifacantly to strengthen his core and lower body stating from the begging . In that light he may come back more athletic and stronger. But it is a risky proposition

20. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Who's a top 10 defender in the NBA? DMo? DMo is better than Kanter defensively, but no way in hell is a top 10 defender in the NBA.

Parsons was the first guy who didn't deserve it. Hayword got a pretty big contract before him, but Hayward is better than Parson and I think the Jazz did right by signing him to that contract.