1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yes a 24 y/o 7fter with silky smooth post moves = Linsanity:rolleyes:

SMGDH

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Regarding this point, I suggest you to check out the comments from Bill and Bull in the last several games.

1. couple games ago, when Dmo had early foul trouble again in the first half, he tried to take a charge when the other teams guard running a fast break to the bucket and got called for a block, Bull said : " I would rather like to see a 7 FT player to jump up vertically than taking a charge".

2. in that Portland game, when Dmo got Aldridge's second offensive foul, Bill said : "Dmo's feet are moving and he got the call, its almost the same in the last 2 games but he got the call tonight."

Bottom line, ref won't respect any 7 FT whose trying to take charges and give you the benefit of the doubts on calls often.

Not to mention the brain dead foul he committed yesterday before the half also.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I do agree that his defence seems to be slipping a bit. But it is better than our alternatives.

That was indeed an idiotic foul. I have no idea what he was thinking.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am sure you are aware that Linsanity happened when Lin was 23 y/o with a silky smooth attack to the basket. :rolleyes:

5. basketballholic

Idiotic foul, yes. But at least he was in the vicinity.

Is anybody really paying attention to our defense, how it is supposed to work and what guys are actually doing out there?

If you are, then you understand what is happening here.

Everybody else can keep blaming DMo.

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

I'm outta this discussion, not a MOF as well
    ;)

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Jesus he's not that bad and truth be told DMO has been a revelation this season with his post ups ect., give the kid a break. Rebounder's are born IMO and DMO is not a high end rebounder but he makes up for it in a lot of other ways. Both Jones and DMO have held the fort down extremely well while Howard has been out. Hell before the season started most people in the GARM would have taken a future late 2nd round pick to move DMO out here, remember that. Big's take longer to develop.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You have been critical of D-Mo. As have a lot of us. It's worth remembering how well the team did the first time around when Dwight and Jones were both out and we had no Josh Smith. Motiejunas was invaluable during that time and has been (arguably) the second best player for us most of this season. Some of his struggles lately definitely have to do with fatigue.

That guy you quoted just says nonsense in most of the posts he makes.

9. jump shooter

Yes I have been critical of the people calling DMO untradeable, untouchable, the 3rd piece ect (he's been extremely overrated in here) and of course we know he's not that and has weakness's in his game just like 95% of all NBA players. But objectively the kid has been a huge surprise and his confidence has really turned a corner with getting consistent minutes. In the future he can build around his post game and fill the gaps in his game as well as can be, but he's been a huge asset to this team this season even though he's a poor rebounder.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Jump I agree with everything but that statement...

Rebounding and Defense is the same as Offense... You have to practice and work on your fundamentals...

DMo has bad fundamentals on the defensive end and with rebounding.

T_Man

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Would the team have played better in the recent games if DMo didn't play a single minute and we just have Smith, Jones and Dorsey share the minutes at PF/C?

12. jump shooter

Signed Dennis Rodman LOL. Personally in all my years of playing BBall I think your either born with a nose for the ball or your not. DMO could be a serviceable rebounder in the future, but I don't see him as a high volume rebounder. I respect your opinion but disagree about rebounding and defense being the same as offense.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Why should I be surprised that some of the Dmo defenders are not willing to face the reality and facts and just keep finding excuses either blaming the teammates or coaches,

or eventually just simply attack the other posters in this forum?

didn't we see it all the last 2 years in here?

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The answer is NO.

Dorsey is not even a NBA level player and while Smith is a decent defender, his offensive decisions are extremely poor. When they will be both on the floor, that's a nightmare on offense.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You dont think a horde of angry Lithauanians will invade???

But seriously, his November defence was (sadly) an aberration. Despite the outstanding month, he ranks as a sub par defender on the season now. The last few months he is the guy passing the ball out on the layup drill, giving up a ridiculous percentage close to the hoop.

Hope his bright flash is an indication of what he can do next year, but not sure he should play when D12 returns. :(

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Cool... I agree that he can be a serviceable rebounder, but he has to put the same effort in on that he does with the offensive side...

I respect your opinion as well

T_Man

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You're still obsessed with Lin. Go to the Dish. That thread is there. I'm sure Zboy will give you a warm welcome.

Most of us who like D-Mo have expressed his weaknesses already. Hell they're in my OP from months ago. I'm gonna assume you started following basketball relatively recently. A lot of what you say is pure nonsense. There's not much else to say about it.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

His value was at an all time high come free agency dead-line.

I personally don't think this guy is anything more than a good big off the bench.

Rocket games are no longer fun to watch because they can't get a rebound.

Dwight....Where are you buddy?

19. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

except he's not a rookie anymore.

and he's never been a good rebounder. Of all the US college stats, they say that it is rebounding that translates well in the NBA. Whether or not you are a good rebounder in college, you're usually also a good NBA rebounder or not.

With DMo, we already have 2-1/2 years of stats that show he's not a good rebounder. I don't know if more work will help him improve. He doesn't jump, he gets outpositioned, he keeps falling down ...