1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

We do not have the facts to judge them. The Rockets spend maybe $5M a year of coaches. We as fans should trust them unless they lose player buy in.

2. omgTHEpotential

Man if only Dwight could buy into doing what he does best and not try to be someone he's not (Dream 2.0), our offense might really benefit from that.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What facts are you talking about? Health of players? I think we can certainly second guess moves that fail, especially moves that fail as completely as that one. Now, that doesn't mean that it's an easy job or that any random person could do it, I simply mean a mistake was made. Nothing more, nothing less. The Wolves paid Kahn millions to be their GM but that doesn't make him less of a joke when it comes to NBA GM's.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is remarkable that you are so very certain about an opinion that is not verifiable. But our ever so important opinions matter so much. Not! You should always side with the experts - McHale and his coaching staff.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not an answer and I never said that my suggestion would work, only that what was tried failed miserably....it was observable. Again, even the "experts" make mistakes, it's the nature of being human and there's nothing wrong with pointing them out.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

ok whatever dude

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Another great performance from DMo tonight.

Once Howard gets back and clogs the lane a bit hopefully he can still find a way to be effective.

8. nobie

nobie Member

Will somebody teach DMo that he need to use his knees when shooting??? Imo thats the main reason why he is missing so much from range...

9. PeppermintCandy

DMo is really being aggressive against teams with weak defensive frontcourts and is finding success. I don't think he has been as effective against stronger defensive teams, but being consistent against weaker opponents is a great first step. I hope he'll keep it up against weaker starting and second units even after Howard returns.

I've been a skeptic about DMo from the start, as I thought he (and Canaan) were still a season or two away from putting it together. But this past stretch has given me hope that it won't take that long.

10. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I think Jones is a better all around player, and a far superior 1 on 1 player, but DMo is bigger and has proven to be a better defensive player.

I would love to see TJones come off the bench with a single agenda: score.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I personally do not care who starts. Let the coaches decide that. I just want Jones back ASAP. This Rockets team has a chance to become something special.

12. vince

vince Member

Glad to see D-Mo be consistent!!!! He is gaining NBA confidence and credibility with the refs. Not as many touch foul calls.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And no turn overs again!

14. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

The things I've noticed is his team defense as opposed to his 1v1 is almost off the charts. He is constantly making great decisions in his doubling down and pick and roll defense. Some of the steals others are getting come in direct correlation to his doubling down. For a 7 footer to be extending his defense on the perimeter is just going to make Howard's inside presence even more noticeable.
    As for his offense the biggest difference I see is just not his confidence but the confidence his teammates have in him. Harden is using him much more frequently on the PnRoll and he's taken up Asik's old role of setting picks on the perimeter. His movement without the ball is also underrated because it opens up seams in the defense and opens up the 3 ball for others as they rotate off their man. You also for whatever faults you may see in the guy have to give him credit for his constant hustle on defense and offense. Very seldom do you see him dog it.

He also appears to be a very personable guy in that his teammates and team personnel seem to really like the guy. Bullard and Worrell also had a great moment with him in the post game show yesterday.
    The remarks stating he is uncoordinated have me bewildered because if he has a fault it's his lack of explosion and he needs to keep improving his center of balance issues.
    Nice job, he's obviously worked hard on improving his game and its nice to see his major summer league improvements starting to come forward during the regular season.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No. I also do not trust any coach. Only above average or better top coaches.

Also 60% of NBA coaches are just average or below.

They might know more than I do but that does not make them good coaches.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The starter should be whoever is more effective in PNR situations.

I like Jones's ability to finish at the rim.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the problem with asik wasnt that asik cant shoot, it was that asik cant shoot, cant pass, cant catch and cant finish, they could work, but dwights ego would probably get in the way

18. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

@ZachLowe_NBA: Encouraging thing worth monitoring: Donatas Motiejunas playing some solid ball over the last two weeks. If it lasts, big for HOU.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a risk and it paid off but way to impove bolstering your team in the offseason.

Should have done a better job but glad Ariza is on board.

20. omgTHEpotential

Anyone got a link to that Bill and DMo interview?