1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good analysis
    His lack of Quickness and Strength bother me because
    I see so many more athletic PFs in the league
    and more coming imo

I think he could be quick for a center where he is slow for a PF

But again . .you maybe more right than wrong . . .

Rocket River

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's true, he's slow compared to the super athletic PF's like Griffin and Faried, but those usually aren't the PF's that you are worried about and even if they blow by DMo if they run into Dwight it's not going to end well for them. The PF's you are more worried about are guys like LMA, Dirk, Duncan, ZBo, Pau, Love, and Millsap and those are the guys you definitely want DMo on if you have Dwight back manning the 5 because size matters more than quickness in those matchups.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

We barely lost mainly because of D-Mo's ineffectiveness, thus continuing to justify labeling him as our X-factor.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

DMo the PF is our X-factor, not DMo the center. It's pretty straightforward.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, so far this season, Ariza is the real X-factor. When Ariza hits his 3s, we usually win. When he throws bricks, it's going to be a struggle.

DMo is quite consistent this season. Nothing spectacular, but gives you about 12 points, solid defense, and a few nice passes.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza would be even better if he realized that he's not a playmaker and he should never dribble the ball. Ever. He's a 3 and D guy only. He needs to learn his limitations and play within them.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

See some solid post moves then people think a player is untouchable smh.... Same people think they know it all, want the truth ? listen to my post

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are you knee jerking to a player not playing well out of position?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's going to get eaten alive by the Western Conference's bigs playing as soft as he is. It's concerning.

Thank God T Jones turned into a monster

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bobbythegreat = basketballholic = jpotmac

He trusts his own opinion so much he doesnt even need to watch what is actually happening.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

Nope I know you think he's great and was leading his bandwagon but even when howard comes back it won't work because of spacing.... I've said this before but meet me here AGAIN later.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I guess Morey is dumb for saying DoMo is the best behind harden for creating a shot.

How do we listen to a post? I mean, I can read it. Is your post suppose to talk?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you are going to troll, be better at it. True failure is failing while trying to be a loser.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

Morey ????? You must don't see me post much

And we should know something's wrong when you have a 7 footer and people say he's playing out of position, that's more excuses than LOFs

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

There we go again. What's up with people in here bring up LOFs? :confused:

Dirk has an excuse? Duncan has an excuse? Davis has an excuse? Gasol has an excuse?

Also, why did bump saying about you're right and all that? Did the rockets lose? Is DoMo the reason they lost?

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Richard Elmer Dorsey is the real x-factor.

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Real glue guy, that Elmer.

1 person likes this.
  18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Oh?

You do pay attention to others?

Or you aren't jpotmac?

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

No sense trying to point out things that go over most people's heads. Most are ignoring what players have done for most of the season. Suddenly D-Mo sucks even though he's being asked to play out of position and is obviously tired after having played heavy minutes and not missing any games this season.

Jones comes back after missing most of the season and is playing amazing. No one should ignore the fact that he has fresh legs though.

They're both good players. D-Mo has shown for the majority of this season that he can perform consistently well and has improved a lot in that time. He will break out of this slump. The impatient crew is ready to crucify him though.

20. RESINator

RESINator Member

DMo is too soft and is going to lose his minutes to TJones once Dwight is back. TJones is physical and aggressive, two attributes that DMo is missing.