1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My agenda...which one:

-hoping there is a conservative process for DMo because I want to keep him and groom him for long term healthy success as a Rocket?

-wanting to preserve depth in a year of contention

-or the one that states that certain fans aren't all knowing beings who can dictate health and recovery of others?

That's some nasty agenda man

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure everyone knows you are a Terrence Jones apologist....even if you pretend like that isn't the case.

Anyway, it's okay, you are entitled to your opinion that is based on nothing, and I'm entitled to my opinion that is based on precedent. There's no telling who will be right, but we'll find out soon enough.

3. dobro1229

Please explain precedent then....

And how many times do I have to say that I'm not even a Jones fan and would love to trade him IF the conditions were right. However I don't feel confident in our conditions because unlike you and Hollic... I'm actually not an all knowing being who can dictate future events because of your vast knowledge. I need to see something happen first to believe in it.

So TL DR version: get your head out of your own ass. You don't know jack S#%^

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

So now not crapping on TJ at every opportunity means you have an anti-DMo agenda? I was kiiiiiiiinda joking about the Lin fan comparisons, but geez. o_O Most legitimate fans root for everybody on the roster to succeed. There are a select few who openly root for TJ to fail, as though it somehow legitimizes DMo -- a really, really good player in his own right who doesn't even NEED that trash-another-player-to-make-him-look-better treatment the way Jeremy did.

Ridiculous.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Please show where this has been implied. Preferably more than one example would be nice. Not asking in a passive aggressive way. I'm genuinely curious if there is proof this is actually happening.

#85 DudeWah, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  6. malakas

malakas Member

I have seen many of your posts and really respect your opinions. It's unfair to be labelled as an agenda driven person, whereas many of those who accuse you of that are the ones who are agenda driven.
    However I want to ask something to help me better understand these right conditions.
    a) you think that Jones will be able to be resigned at a cheap contract next year along with DMO
    b) you think that Jones will be able to be s+t
    c) you think that jones will be resigned along with dmo at their market value even if it means the team paying 30+ millions per for the same position
    d) you think that the loss of Jones as a trade asset is not important because hes not a good enough asset anyway
    c) you don't care about loss of assets only the now matters

7. KlutchQT

If you read the last page of this thread and don't see it, I'm in no position to help you.

8. basketballholic

There isn't a single Rockets fan here rooting for Terrence or any Rocket to fail. Suggesting such is absurdity. Even more absurd and bizarre than those that think Terrence has All-Star potential.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You do know that we have another player on the team that went through the exact same surgery fairly recently right? I base what I expect DMo's timetable to be on that other players actual recovery.....on the other hand, you base your opinion on essentially nothing.

I have no doubt that you think your opinon that you pulled out of your ass is every bit as valid (more so?) as an opinion based on past examples and statement from the team and player involved but I wouldn't expect many to agree with you.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't see it. Also, you apparently cannot (or don't want to) provide the evidence.

That's poor proof. I don't see why anyone should be convinced of your initial supposition.

11. KlutchQT

Your first mistake is thinking I care whether you are convinced. LOL.

12. KlutchQT

LMAO. Who has said this?

13. dobro1229

I've been accused of being an "Apologist" a few times on the board (McHale, Lin, Jones, Morey, Yao(yes he was heavily scrutinized in Houston his first few years), etc.). Here's the actual definition of Apologist-

a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial

What is it that some of these guys have done to you fans to deem this actions controversial? How have they wronged you, and wronged the franchise? Even in the case of Lin, yes, he did have turnovers in key moments that altered the outcome of a big playoff game. But there is still a side that needs to at least state the value he brought in comparison to what the rest of the team did NOT bring.

Same could be said about McHale and Jones in their respective positions where yes... in theory, someone else could have done more in their role, but the fact is we were NEEDING them to all be something they were not ever to begin with.

-McHale was never going to draw up the most elaborate crunch time offensive scheme for a easy layup off a back-cut
    -Lin was not brought in to be Scottie to our Michael, or Robin to our Batman
    -Jones was not drafted or expected to be a high paid starting PF who could match up with the talent level of a contending team with 2 superstars.
    -Yao was not brought in immediately be the next Hakeem, Hayes, Moses, etc... even though he eventually revealed to have that level of talent... just not the health.
    -Morey was never going to be gifted a superstar player. He was going to have to piss people off to make that happen.

The point is we cannibalize players, coaches, GM's when they are not immediately what we expect them to be right when we want them to be. However that doesn't mean they aren't still a net positive.

If you want to accuse me of being an apologist for merely stating the net positive that your "Villains" still bring to the table despite their warts, go ahead. Just because you recognize positive net value does not mean that you are oblivious to negative value.

IE-

-It would be nice if Red Auerbach was coaching in 2014 instead of McHale (but Red wasn't available)
    -It would have been nice if the Rockets had Ty Lawson instead of Lin back in 2013/14... but Lin was who we were stuck with and nobody else was stepping up in the backcourt
    -If Yao would have come over more physically ready and confident, maybe those first couple years the team could have been better with him and Francis as the core.
    -If Morey didn't turn over players and treat them like assets maybe they would have signed Ray Allen and Tim Duncan in free agency that summer that Yao went down because of how well Morey treats players.

But these are what if's and we are stuck with reality. Of all the obstacles we have been in as Rockets fans... our obstacles really aren't that bad. Right now the REALITY at the PF position is something I would hope we could be objective about-

... unfortunately all we know as a fan base who loves to cannibalize itself is to point to the weak link, vilify, and force feed blame. We are a pretty sad, silly bunch.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

This thread went souf

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You've been around for long enough, you should remember that insanity. Sure his most recent failures have toned it down a bit, but a year and a half ago, you could find all sorts of posters with the laughable opinion that Jones had all star potential.

16. malakas

malakas Member

yeah and many , not to say the majority, now after a handful of games think that Capella has all star potential. So? That's a fanbase for you.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, to be fair, there's a MUCH better case for it. I don't think it'll ever happen, but it could.

18. KlutchQT

Quoted because so frequently missed.

19. malakas

malakas Member

No there isn't. Jones rookie year vs Capella limited minutes in rookie year.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

An athletic center that is a great rebounder and has a high ceiling as a defender has more value than an athletic 6'9 PF that plays no defense and can't create his own shot or shoot the long ball.

It's still to be seen if Capela progresses past where he's at now, but there's plenty of reasons to think it could happen.