1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas unsure he'll be ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ico4498, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dekker's pick and pop stretch style of play would fit in way better with Dwight. Plus he can drive for some major windmills or alley-oops old man Ariza could never do as well at this point.

2. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I don't recall anyone specifically saying what was wrong with his back that required surgery. Was it a herniated disc or something else? All the reports I've seen have been very vague was to what was the specific problem.

3. zilches

zilches Member

I don't get it either. I guess we know what is on your mind.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This has been known for awhile. DMo is healing slowly. I didn't mention it before to piss us all off. I'd like DMo to be fully recovered but back injuries/shoulder don't work that way. Ask Dwight.

TJ as insurance, but you need a vet. :)

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

^^
    It's not that that he's healing particularly slowly , just that back injuries in general take a while to be healed . Regardless of this report , I'm wary that DMO will be 100 percent any time soon , hopefully his rehab to the core makes his core stronger overall than it has been in the past and he can come back better . But I don't expect that until December at the earliest.

6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

the surgery was a lumbar microdiscectomy (on the spine).

7. tenit86

tenit86 Member

so there will be no improvements to his game since he didnt have the off season to put in the work.

8. nobie

nobie Member

he posted his first 3pt after surgery few month back and hes been constantly posting pics of him lifting weights, etc. So at least we can assume he will be stronger/with better core and maybe his shooting will improve. His main weakness actually was rebounding and boxing out/defending against stronger/tougher opponents like ZBo, so we might see improvement in that area, at least i hope so.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You are being way optimistic in a situation when a player is recovering from back surgery. IMO, this year will, at best, a wash for D-Mo. If by the end of the season, D-Mo is able to regain his abilities pre-surgery, I think we could all be happy for it.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

And that's perfectly fine too. It doesn't bother me any. Go be you.

11. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

just means he wont be ready for camp but could still be there when the season starts

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

I had a feeling this was going to happen. I think that's why the Chuckster was going to sign here because he knew there would be playing time available.

13. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

So does this mean that DMO hasn't played any full court basketball so far this offseason and all summer?

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Where are all the back surgery experts out there that were so confident that DMo would be A-Ok this year?

Look I know everyone can't wait to trade Jones ASAP but this just reaffirms why he's going to be useful to sit tight with at least until the trade deadline. Back surgery any way you look at it is a scary thing and sometimes debilitating. The fact that some of you guys take this so lightly just shows how we take health for granted.

Take your time DMo and make sure you are 100%. I think he's got the talent to be the guy down low for us (and potentially the 2nd best player behind harden), but we gotta get him healthy first or this "minor" back injury could be major and career altering.

15. bmd

bmd Member

I would assume he has not. I'm sure he's done some non-contact basketball stuff.

16. dmoneybangbang

Aside from shooting, I don't know.

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

holy moly he needs to visit a chiro

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

For those concerned about the frontcourt with this news, Josh Smith leaving, the reneging on the Hayes deal, and let's not forget the likelihood of Howard missing many games as well - don't worry, there is a backup plan. It's called flexibility.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I see you've crawled out of your hole to try to stick it to Morey once again.

That after the team just reached the WCF and landed a top 10 PG for peanuts.

Keep on keeping on. Maybe you're going for a schtick that involves having the consistently worst opinions possible. In that case, you've done well.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yet another most condenscending dick post by DudeWah.