1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas Polish League Finals 2012 Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Husky, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

another European lefty. Dragon Donuts!!!!!!

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Holy Crap!

3. jscmedia

lol. got me.

4. jscmedia

Well at least he won't be the shortest guy either..........

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

6. prs325

prs325 Member

The more I see him The more I believe that the Rox finally got a foundational piece. Good fundamentals, good shooting mechanics, left hand, right hand, has post up skills, athletic, a true 7 footer, young and has Scola-like intensity. I just hope that we dont include him in any trade package.

If we have our future PF, Parsons, Lee, Dragic or Lowry, plus lets say 1 of the draft picks (i believe that well keep at least 1 - Jeff Taylor somebody?:grin:) and whoever we trade for, i think its a pretty solid core to build on.

Not only that, Im on the camp that believes that Morris will grow into a solid rotational piece next season. Thats 4-7 guys who are young, can grow together, competitive and be a solid nucleus. Add Llull to the core and the Rox have players who provide a mix of youth and excitement, offensive skill and defensive tenacity.

All Morey has to do is sprinkle the roster with a couple of established veterans like Camby for leadership and experience. However the real key at this point is if were able to attain true superstar in the next few weeks or before the regular season begins, it will dictate the vision of how the team will be constructed.

7. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

draftexpress, i think, has him accurately projected as best case: pau gasol. he has an impressive post game, and given his new-found desire to rebound and block shots, he is becoming a very well-rounded player. Hopefully, if he puts on 25-30 more pounds of muscle, that will translate in to the NBA, but the biggest concern with him right now is his frailty relative to the rest of the NBA on average.

He will need some words of wisdom and coaching on how to play at least passable defense at the NBA level, but the re-signing of Camby, along with coach McHale, ought to be major factors in making him a household name in this league over time.

8. prs325

prs325 Member

I think we have to remember that the majority of kids 18-21 years of age are a little frail. In fact, most of them are still growing. However, if one is frail it is not a total detriment to succeed in the NBA. Garnett was frail when he came in, and is still is but he was franchise PF for a long time and has now switched to Center. Dirk and Bargnani were never considered power players. Gasol and Bosh does not have much sand in the pants.

Even Horry back in the day was frail but over time switched to PF. What Donuts does have is height and good amount of talent to build on. With the right coaching and work ethic, he will have time to grow physically as his skills develop alongside with his body.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I tried to tell you guys.

That said, let's wait and see how he adapts.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Tremendous size and skills. Can't wait to see him at the nba level.

11. quadsas

quadsas Rookie

That video is from last year's EuroCamp. He should look even better this year.

12. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I was hoping I missed something and he did another workout in Treviso since he was there with McHale @ Eurocamp again.

13. quadsas

quadsas Rookie

I'm waiting for some videos from DX.

14. Red&BlackPudman

this guy is a great euro pudman..stretch 4 at its finest

15. ling ling

ling ling Member

He's got an ugly thabeet looking hook shot from both sides.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That sounds about right.

I would love to have a guy like Royce White playing alongside Donuts when we decide to play small. Just think about it....

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

His play looks a little awkward.. goofy almost.. but effective. It also looks like he towers over the other players.. I hope his game translates well when he gets to the NBA. Love his fire.

18. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

he's going to have injury problems.. =( rockets are cursed..

19. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Does anyone have his stats from the Polish League Finals? I did a quick google search and couldn't find them.

20. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member