1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas Polish League Finals 2012 Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Husky, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

seems to have potential to develop a nice post game, would be awesome if he can work with Scola and/or Hakeem

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If they are not available, perhaps we can settle for this guy as a teacher for Motiejunas:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DopFnYmYoWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

It may be lesser competition, but still a Professional league and higher competition than college. He is playing against grown men here. His skills will translate better than a typical pick

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

McHale's just the beginning course: Dropping that ass 101.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Thanks for the post Carl. I forget after a while just how good the man was.

6. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

he'll be much better than Yao.

7. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

hes only 21 I see a lot of potetial and his confidence is a breath of fresh air .

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

i like his intensity!

9. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i do like what i see. BUT he was the biggest guy on the court. that wont be the case in the NBA.

10. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

He really, really reminds me of a young Pau Gasol. I'm not sure about his post-defense but I haven't seen his level of offensive game from a young big in years. Heres hoping at least his weakside defense will be decent.

11. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

his fundamentals are strong
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G5Tblw5WggQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

can we get a highlight video without horrible music?

1 person likes this.
  13. hahachui

hahachui Member

he is a very skillful big man...
    how is his defense

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

He's already more talented than most centers in the NBA today. Most centers in the NBA today just know how to dunk and can't score outside the paint. Plus he got some nice moves in the post. Most centers doesn't have any moves and relies on scoring by alley oops or pick and roll. Hopefully he can put on a few more pounds and able to bang with the big guys in the league.

15. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Can't wait to see him in Houston next season! Does anybody know how much weight D-Mo's put on while playing with Asseco Prokom?

16. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

Is Donuts already guaranteed to play for the Rockets next season? :)

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

My understanding, is he's still working to buyout his existing contract, then he's good to go.

So GUARANTEED - no, but working toward it...

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

At the combine last year he was 215. By the start of the Euro season he was around 240. We would have to ask our friends from Lithuania is he lost much of his quickness.

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I like what I see, quite excited about him. In a re-draft he would definitely go higher than #20. I like that he's a lefty and I really hope his defence in the NBA will be good. Most importantly: let's pray they use him at the PF spot! No way he can guard the centers and we need a 4 that can stretch the floor.

I hope he's the starter right away and we trade Scola, as much as I love him, he deserves more than a back-up role and we need to see what D-Mo can do. Patterson will not make it, too short, no fire, no good rebounder and not a great post game. I will give him another shot though, since I have zero hope for Morris working out here. He might be better served under a better veteran coach.