1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas out for the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 8, 2015.

1. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Honestly guys this is a major blow to us. This was Dmo’s first full season of getting consistent minutes and being utilized where he should have been all along: the post. In what essentially was his “rookie” season he developed into our 2nd most reliable scoring threat after the great one. To me this is gonna be a litmus test for McHale. We still have 2 versatile 4’s in Smith and Jones who are both” jacks of all trades” type of players. We need for Howard to recognize when he can exploit a defender in the post and when he should exclusively score off the pick and roll. But above all we have to become the best defensive team in the playoffs for 48 minutes(similar to the Grizzlies) If we are gonna have a chance in the playoffs.

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I agree

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

WTF?? If it wasn't for bad luck, we wouldn't have no luck at all.

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Maybe my post didn't come across correctly. Actually I agree with you.

I would have traded one of our PFs to get Dragic and believed that we could have convinced him to stay with a good playoff run. Our need at PG is, was and has been way more important than our need at PF. I was very upset when we didn't get a starting caliber PG at the trade deadline.

That being said, what I meant was that there was no way we could have foreseen an injury like this. And while we didn't get a PG like I really wanted us to, I felt that our C/PF/SF rotation along with the MVP made us one of the scariest teams to face in the playoffs...if they were all healthy going into the playoffs.

Howard/DMo
    Jones/Smith
    Ariza/Brewer

is almost impossible for any team to match for all 6 players starters/bench. Add in our MVP Harden and all of that together made up for our lack of depth at PG or a competent backup for Harden.....IF ALL WERE HEALTHY and playing.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

What the hell is the injury, are they just calling it a back injury?

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Back to being undersized chumps with nothing special about the frontline...

7. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

This is got to be April fool joke.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Has this been confirmed by the Rockets' front office?

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Having Dmo can prevent this scenario happen.

If Dwight will get into any kind of foul troubles and Mchale will put Dorsey on the floor.

Any coach with an above level IQ will immediately consider to foul him unless they have a big lead.

With Dmo in this team, Dorsey will not need to play one single minute.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This also presumes you were sufficiently psychic to know T. Jones' nerves were going to regulate when they did and that he'd come back in the form he has.

11. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Big blow. However, unlikely that McHale, for better or worse, would have wanted to play 9 guys in the playoffs, unless Dwight is still on a major minutes restriction. Meaning:

Jet/Prigioni
    Harden
    Ariza/Brewer
    Jones/Smith
    Dwight

Either Jones, Smith, or DMo would have likely seen only limited minutes.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Should take his chances with Capella in that rotation. As well as Nick Johnson for limited stretches @ the 1/2 .....

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

First Bev, then DMo....damn....

This means McHale has excuse once again for his first round exit...another year wasted for Harden and Dwight...

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, it's quite a bummer but we are still a good team even without DMo so we should make it out of the first round but I'm less optimistic about a long playoff run without our best PF.

15. jlwee

jlwee Member

Anyone know when and how did Dmo get injured?? Did he play through the pain last 2 months??

16. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

It definitely sucks. But we have the depth (Smith/Jones) to deal with this unexpected injury. Meanwhile, having two 37-year-old point guards playing full 48 minutes would be a disaster defensively when they are playing against Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Damian Lillard etc.

17. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Nothing special?
    Howard is still a top 5 center in the league. Smith and Jones both are extremely capable. We may not have a powerhouse frontcourt anymore, but we still have a very strong one.

18. buffalobills!!!

D-Mo, the deadlifter

19. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Do we know what the hell this injury is. Jesus Christ I am sick of this ****. Since I have been a fan.

Lewis Lloyd and Mitch wiggins to destroy the 86 team. Yea I know dope.

Yao and tmac falling apart

Now Bev and dmo?

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think the Rockets need to try Capela in short bursts in every game. Who knows he might calm down a bit, when he makes a couple of fee throws. We have nothing to lose.

Go Houston Rockets!