1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes. Shame on you for misinterpreting raw numbers while ignoring the much more persuasive "eye-test".

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah I mean it was cold today too so those global warming facts NASA released are full of sh#$ too.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, take into consideration that you spent the last 3 years talking up a player not even worth a QO.....do you really want to stick to your guns on this issue?

Obviously you were mistaken, or rather it's obvious to everyone else. Just admit that you screwed up and it's not an issue. Being laughably wrong as you were in this instance while also being arrogant about it isn't a good look.

You looked at raw numbers without considering how the player got them and it led you to a false impression of their ability. It's okay, it could happen to anyone. Just be an adult and own up to your mistake.

4. dobro1229

So you want me to admit that I was wrong about -

-the Fact that Terrence Jones was a contributing basketball player on the Houston Rockets for two years
    -that we shouldn't trade a rotation player for NOTHING or take a loss to remove a player from our roster when nobody else can beat out X player for rotation minutes, and he costs next to nothing
    -That we should upgrade X player first before removing from roster
    -That I was okay trading X player as soon as he was upgraded which he was
    -That Jones sucked this year and that Jones needs a change of scenery not with the Rockets

????

How is this so F-ing controversial to you goons. Again... if those above thoughts are sooo damn offensive then block my posts if you can't handle my opinion. So go F off, and go get off imagining Terrence Jones getting castrated by Donatas Motiejunas IE Ramsey and Reek. You have a sick obsession with this tearing this kid down, and refuse to accept the fact that he contributed anything at all to the Houston Rockets in the National Basketball Association... give it a rest. I don't even like Terrence Jones, and am glad he's going elsewhere.... Go away.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

TJones to 76ers approved.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

At one point I thought TJones would be Chris Webber lite. Sigh.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'd love it if you were big enough to admit that you were wrong since you very clearly were instead of trying to make excuses or lash out at thsoe who were right.

Your problem is that you just looked at the numbers instead of understanding how he got them. It's how you ended up so laughably wrong on this.

Had we traded him for nothing before this season started, we'd have won more games simply due to him not being on the court. We had Harrell who was a better player than Jones who would have gotten more minutes and it would have led to more wins. Given that Jones is worth nothing, getting nothing for him is fair value.

The Rockets had several upgrades over Jones. He was the worst PF on the roster this season and one of the worst in the NBA....arguably THE worst PF in the NBA by RPM

Suggesting that we needed an upgrade over him implies that he was ever the best PF on the roster. That was never the case. Ever.

Sure, Jones sucked this year, he sucked last year too, he sucked before that. He is and always was a fairly terrible player even if you can't bring yourself to admit it. You got fooled by flash and BS, it's okay, a lot of people were fooled too. They moved on, you can too.

Also, it's not about a change of scenery, he's just simply not good at basketball.

Oh it's not really controversial, you have been wrong about something for years and you are arrogant now that it's obvious you are and always were wrong.

I don't find your comments to be controversial, I find them to be wrong. You know, like they always were. I think it's ridiculous that you are taking this course rather than just being an adult and admitting your mistake before moving on....but maybe that's just something you don't feel you can do.

As to Jones, it was never about "tearing him down" it was about having an honest and accurate appraisal of him. He's a guy that is such a bad player that he's not worth risking a QO on for fear that he'll accept and you'll be stuck with him. That's the reality of the situation.

The issue was always you trying to prop him up as if he was more than that.

Anyway, I'll leave you alone about this, you are pretty clearly emotional about it and hopefully you'll be thinking more clearly when you calm down.

8. dmoneybangbang

.... A broken clock is right twice a day. No one could have accurately predicted TJones would have had so many varying injuries. So congrats for shaking a magic eight ball and getting something right.

9. dmoneybangbang

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Injuries isn't the reason he is a bad player, but I'm sure people who were wrong about him would love to use that as an excuse.

11. dobro1229

Good lord. Get a life Bobby. You are obviously very offended by my opinions so just ignore them. Either that or you are just trolling.

I won't let you try and parade me around like trophy kill you got on safari. That's the only reason why I've responded FOR YEARS... which I should have never done. I've been saying the same s#$% since 2012, and only you Hollic, and this Wackko poster (likely all Jopat accounts) have said anything in response to try and find a weakness in my argument you can use against me to make me look bad, and make yourself look smarter than me.

If you haven't gotten me to kiss your a#$ since then you sure as hell won't get me to do it now. If a respected poster (No that's not you Jopat) has a problem with it, I'll welcome a civil conversation about how I'm out of line. Even if I did repeat the exact same thing you did, you would say I'm wrong because you need me to respond in order for you to respond with a "you are wrong" post. You are a troll and need to get a life. Go away.

12. dmoneybangbang

LOLOLOLOLOL. What was his line in his second season pre-injury? I guess in your world it is some big coincidence his production kept falling post-nerve injury.

13. dmoneybangbang

A broken clock is right twice a day.... Bobby only cares he IS right, not WHY he is right.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Welcome to the world of BTG. Like a dog eating its own poop, hes gotten excited because he thinks he's posted something of value.

But give him a break, Baltimore Ravens camp hasnt started yet. Soon he'll be busy posting about how much upside Ryan Mallet has based on new information from practice.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly, the amount of people throwing out numbers left and right, stringing a couple of stats together to imply a casual relationship is ridiculous. They ruin much of the discussion because they think they are dealing with "the facts."

16. spark06

spark06 Member

Bobbythegreat is the herpes of Clutchfans.

17. dmoneybangbang

Anyone can see how well TJones played in his second year. He looked like he could be a role player or better before a baffling amount of injuries.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some people convinced themselves of that, but he really wasn't a good player. When you can't point to things he actually does well, pointing out raw numbers is pointless. He was never a good defender, he was never a good shooter, he never was capable of consistently creating his own shot, he wasn't good posing up, he wasn't good facing the basket. About the only thing anyone could say he did well was transition when he'd get to make uncontested dunks or layups.

Some people got caught up in the numbers and ignored how he was getting them. That's why they were wrong then, that's why they are wrong now. Hopefully some will learn from those mistakes and become better posters. I'm not holding my breath though.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good description. He spreads to all forums

20. dmoneybangbang

Yawn. A broken clock is right twice a day. You can look at raw numbers or advanced numbers, you still got lucky with all the injuries.