1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas called up from D-league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Nov 25, 2012.

1. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Welcome back, D-Mo!

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Typical Lakers fan b.s.

They see Pau as a bad fit there so they want to flush him in return for our future. Tjones, Dmo, Lin? F.T.S. (F*** that s***.)

Since they got Nash and Howard for nothing, I guess their arrogance is half-understandable.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lakers always swindle people. But Morey isn't as gullible as those other GMs.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Mass doesn't equal strength. Too many athletes make that mistake. He can get stronger without adding too much weight and keep his speed advantage.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I don't know where you are coming from bro, but that was hilarious.

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

He really does have a nice variety of post moves.No way we should let this guy go.

How about that double behind the back assist from Machado and DMo,near the end of the video .. awesome stuff

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This, the moves and finess are there, but the strength isn't. He need an NBA body to do those pretty post moves.

I'm really excited to see him develope

8. nono

nono Member

He is wonderful, but also wonderfully weak. Like another poster said, I don't think it's about adding muscle. For his frame he should be stronger than what he is right now.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It's also much easier to put on weight than develop post moves.

Some players take as little as one off-season to get into NBA weight class.

10. zzpot

zzpot Member

Stop your damn hand ringing. Lets see what happens and who comes off the IR (injured reserve) list first, Delfino or Aldrich.

What if the Rockets send Jones down to the Vipers?

What if D-mo is really needed for practice purposes?

What if this a one time game plan where D-mo is used to psych out the other team??? oooooh!

good grief!!!!!!!!

zzpot

11. hahachui

hahachui Member

Hope he can get some playing time!

White go to Dleague and u will have yr pt too...

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think the whole Dleague send down thing was to get him warmed up a bit so he doesn't lose the feel of what a real game is like from sitting for too long. They probably still see him as a important part of the team and wants him to be around in practices etc.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

repped

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dmo is probably the best compliment to Asik. I would like to see them play together instead of dmo at the 5.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

oh damn, that was hilarious. :grin:

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm not convinced D-Mo needs 10 more pounds of muscle. It would help with his strength but you also don't want to lose his quickness. He's probably strong enough to handle most 4's in the league already, and quick enough to get around most 5's.

17. GTRockets

GTRockets Member

If Dmo becomes that upgrade at PF the rockets need....where do we spend all our money on?

18. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I think Dmo will be passable on offense at this point in his development, but I don't believe he's ready at either 4 or 5 defensively - especially not against starters. He's going to get pushed around like his fellow Dleaguer JuJuan Johnson was last season in Boston. He's more of a finesse type, and needs to add strength/weight to make up for his lack of toughness (e.g. Faried).

Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely liking his potential and skill-set. I'd love to see some video of him and TJ going at it in practice. Anyone seen any?

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Their games are so vastly different , I could see them both getting time , possibly together. DMo has the classic back to the basket game that T.Jones doesnt .... tho Jones is a much more explosive athlete and probably better in space.
    If Jones can find a back to the basket game to go along with his ability to finish at the rim and hit from outside , he'll be a matchup nightmare.

I was really impressed with his footwork .... and how fluid he is in the open court with or without the ball.

Already knew he had a solid back to the basket game , he's going to be able to get his shot on anyone in the league. Teams will have to double him.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I watched a TOR game and while Valenciunas was playing as a starter, he was very BAD.

I think our coaches want the rookies to have positive playing experiences and will not send them out unless ready.

I actually liked the way we built the confidence of Morris, Douglas, and now Cook is the coaches' project.

But yeah, it would be gratifying for D-Mo start to see meaningful minutes (maybe 2nd qtr) vs. TOR. But so many guys before him--PPat, Morris, TJones. I would love him to be paired with Asik actually to wreak havoc inside