1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald vs Beto: Showdown in El Paso

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I didn't say they point down. You are straw manning or setting a trap. Or really are just confused.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's difficult to strawman an argument that was never fleshed out.

krnxsnoopy and No Worries like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, see you dodged that challenge...

[​IMG]

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I wasn't there but if there were more people then Trump lied about it or someone didn't inform him properly. Not sure why you seek me to admit something I can't speak for. I don't know Trump's idea but he definitely put false info out if the other camp's data is accurate.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not really? I really don't have to give you a lesson in communism 101. But here... Create division by creating a prolateriat. This can be done by convincing a group they are the oppressed. The oppressor is the bourgeoisie. Then you take from that group what is theirs. Guess what modern day movement seeks to do this? I am getting at the fact that creating an other is a classic political move used by all kinds of groups. Commies do it. Fear and hope is a powerful thing. I think you all got me wrong but that is my take.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I was just poking fun because you are seemingly pretty far left. I know you aren't a commie.... or are you? heh...

I responded to you and another in a recent post that may shed light.

7. NewRoxFan

The "other camp" was the El Paso Fire Department and the El Paso Police Department.

El Paso fire department says Trump’s crowd size claims were false
    https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...epartment-says-trumps-crowd-claims-were-false

Here's the El Paso Police Department estimate of the number of people attending Beto's rally:

Here's trump's campaign manager also lying about the numbers:

No Worries likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They work for Beto. But probably gave accurate numbers. Really not concerned about it because I didn't make any claims contrary.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am constantly surprised at the number of ignorant people that support a con man....yes.

DD

B-Bob and Garner like this.
  10. mick fry

mick fry Member

Beto looked like he was on meth, very spastic.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I know this might be difficult for you to understand, but local fire departments and police departments work for their local governments, not their rep to the House of Representatives (of which Beto isn't even a part of anymore since he decided to run for Senate).

krnxsnoopy, B-Bob, Nook and 2 others like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

HIGH ENERGY

Rashmon likes this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Weird. I actually expect him to be the darling "safe choice" for moderates.

Were you on the Mexico side of the border fence?

:p

Proletarian was a class distinction, not a racial distinction. Would be better to say communists used identity divisions to gain political leverage. I wouldn't say they 'created' the victims though. The Proletariat of the late 19th century really were victims. But I do think it'd be wise to take some lessons from the past because I do see abuses of modern-day capitalism that could produce a communist reaction if reforms are not made.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What is a "far left position" I hold?

15. NewRoxFan

You think the police and fire departments work for Beto O'Rourke? I mean, beyond the idea that the police and fire department protect all citizens and our tax dollars go towards police and fire protection...

It sure seemed like you wanted to challenge to the accuracy of the numbers ("if the other camp's data").

joshuaao likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that is the same guy who shares Trump's belief that all Americans works for the POTUS

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why are you making false and/or inaccurate claims to justify Trump? Those people don't work for Beto. If you have to go so far to try and rationalize what Trump is doing, then maybe it's time to take a step back.

B-Bob and Nook like this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Dude is slowly but surely descending into the cult of Trump. It's sad to see. By the time 2020 rolls around this man will be a full on MAGA dumbass parroting stories from r/thedonald.

krnxsnoopy and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He's going to claim at least a few more times that he didn't vote for trump and isn't a supporter. Once he feels it's safer, he'll finally come out of the closet and go full on RocketsLegume.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Are you not on record having said that "Israelis should move out of Israel"?

dachuda86 likes this.