1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump invites Russia to hack Hillary Clinton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The devil you know beats the devil you don't

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aiWf3a3l9Kw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

How can you call it foreign espionage when he only asked them to hack someones personal email server? I mean it isn't like people keep classified US information on their personal email server.... that would be stupid and possibly treasonous right?

1 person likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You would have made more of a point if anyone was denying that some state emails were on that server. You still did make the point that it was reckless for Hillary to keep emails on her own server.

It's a valid point to be made, but I don't think it's one that anybody disagrees with.

It is also odd that you try and focus on that when this is about Trump inviting foreign powers to hack either national emails, or emails of American citizens. Neither of those is okay.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Weird how Hillary's "top secret" documents never got released, and 20,000 pages of DNC stuff got released right before the convention.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In other news, Trump encourages Willie Nelson to smoke weed.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this glosses over the point.

We all know Russia hacks and spies on the U.S.

The U.S. does the same to Russia.

But having a presidential candidate encourage that is quite different.

Encouraging a foreign power which may hold sensitive state documents to make those documents public is shows a willful disrespect for preserving our nation's security.

So it's different than just encouraging someone to do something they already do.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"In other news, Trump encourages ISIS to keep being ISIS."

This line of argument doesn't work.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No.

Treason requires intent.

Explicitly instructing foreign agents to commit espionage is pretty good prima facie evidence of intent.

That will be $250.00

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/remarks-as-prepared-for-delivery-by-rear-admiral-john-hutson-ret-588490631.html

Good evening. My name is John Hutson, and unlike Donald Trump, there are two things I know an awful lot about: law and order. For 11 years, I was a law school dean. And for 30 years, I served proudly in the United States Navy, including as Judge Advocate General.

Donald Trump calls himself the "law-and-order candidate," but he'll violate international law. In his words, he endorses torture "at a minimum." He'll order our troops to commit war crimes like killing civilians. And he actually said, "You have to take out their families." And what did he say when he was told that's illegal? He said our troops "won't refuse, believe me." This morning, he personally invited Russia to hack us! That's not law and order. That's criminal intent!

Donald Trump would abandon our allies and let more countries get nuclear weapons. He lies about donating to our veterans and called the military I served in a "disaster." It's embarrassing enough that he's the face of one of our political parties. The real disaster is what would happen if we let Donald Trump become the face of the country we love.

More than 120 Republican national-security leaders recently warned that Donald Trump would, in their words, "make America less safe." He even mocks our POWs, like John McCain. I served in the same Navy as John McCain. I used to vote in the same party as John McCain. Donald, you're not fit to polish John McCain's boots!

But America, we have a better choice. Hillary Clinton is the only candidate who knows how to work with our allies and who has a specific plan to defeat ISIS. She is smart and steady. She has the experience, temperament, and spine to be a superb Commander-in-Chief. She knows what makes us the envy of the world. It's not our abundant natural resources, our resilient economy, or even that we have the strongest military on earth. Our strength comes from who we are, our humanity. If we lose our humanity, we lose the battle and the war.

ISIS and other radical Islamic groups have no humanity. That is their weakness. Our enemy can't defeat us militarily. Victory won't be found on the battlefield. For them, victory is to make us more like them: people who torture, who destabilize the international order, who target innocents because they don't look like them or don't pray like them. Donald Trump is a walking, talking recruiting poster for terrorists. That's not hyperbole. ISIS literally used Trump in a commercial.

You know, you can tell a lot about a person by whom they admire. Eleanor Roosevelt, Nelson Mandela, Dorothy Rodham – these are Hillary Clinton's heroes. Donald Trump admires Donald Trump and Saddam Hussein and Kim Jong-un. And of Vladimir Putin, he said, and I quote, "in terms of leadership he's getting an 'A.'"

I taught national security law. Praising dictators is an automatic "F" in my class.
    In the 2008 election, as the dean of the University of New Hampshire School of Law School, I invited each presidential candidate to talk about terrorism with me and other retired admirals and generals. Of all the candidates we met with, Hillary Clinton was by far the best prepared and most knowledgeable. She listened carefully and tested our arguments. We had more than 500 years of collective experience, and we learned from her. This was before she served as our Secretary of State. Before she brokered a cease-fire in Gaza, rallied the world to sanction Iran, advised President Obama to take out bin Laden, and restored our reputation in the world.

Anyone who's served with the young men and women of our armed forces knows how serious it is to send them into harm's way. When you're a soldier, sailor, airman, or marine, you don't get to choose your commanders. But when you're a citizen – you have the responsibility to choose the Commander-in-Chief who will keep us safe, strong, and secure. Choose Hillary.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was joking for the most part, obviously the statement by Trump was ridiculous and irresponsible, and the fact that hacking Hillary's personal email would likely uncover classified information and harm our national security shows that she's also ridiculous and irresponsible. Hillary and Trump are absolutely the bottom of the barrel. Hillary is the embodiment of everything wrong with the government and Trump is the embodiment of everything wrong with our culture.

11. Granville

Granville Member

I thought she turned over everything but the personal emails. Make up your mind, did she commit a crime or not?

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wDQANmQO2g0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rxf8-E2v9og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Treason

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First of all, Trump did what he did to distract away from the DNC and put the attention on him, and remind everyone of Hillary's emails.

Honestly, it's brilliance - this is one very dangerous man. He knows he will get away with it. Because the bar is so low on him.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Trump is a crazy person and a con artist. He conned all the stupid insecure tea baggers into voting for him by using hate, racism, and blatant fear mongering.

17. TheresTheDagger

Yep. And the liberal press and Clinton campaign fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Hell, even I did. I have constantly underestimated Trump. And he has constantly proven me wrong. The guy knows how to DOMINATE the news cycle....day after day.

And he's using Clinton's reluctance to face tough questions at a new conference against her.

235 days and counting Hillary.

18. TheresTheDagger

Tantamount to treason eh? When can we expect the charges to be filed?

(I appreciate your viewpoint, but the hyperbole is a bit much here)

I don't think making statements in a press conference rise to the level of "Treason" despite how much you might want it to.

Meanwhile:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10636314&postcount=69

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Typical party over country response. She didn't invite Russia to conduct espionage in the United States in any of the emails so she is safe there. Trump on the other hand....

Country first. Party second. Trump is unfit for the presidency of the United States. And you better believe Putin knows it.

Thank you Bloomberg. Thank you Romney. For putting country first.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Donald Trump just talks **** for attention there's no genius behind it. If anything this was dumb yeah the bar is set low but at some point aligning yourself with Trump will get politicians in trouble and they will slowly jump ship.