1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Apr 7, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am really believing that Trump family business stakes are what's behind his stubborn pushing of Hydroxychloroquine.

deb4rockets, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the truth came out yesterday somewhere I saw that the drug maker promised to fund his re-election super pac in exchange for Hydroxychloroquine support. Sort of a money laundering situation. Makes sense though. Is there anything more important to Trump that getting re-elected?

He knows he's likely going to face criminal charges if he leaves office so it makes sense that he'll do just about anything for his donors like this drug maker and Tillman Fertitta "current" owner of the Rockets. Kind of makes me wonder if he worked out any agreements with Tillman on the NBA season. I'll tweet storm nasty tweets towards the NBAPA president and berate Adam Silver to open the season back up if you donate to my super pac.

In the end years later, I think we'll look at Trump as more of a gun for hire for racist corrupt and greedy billionaires than anything else.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It looked fishy enough that he was talking about the drug before trials. He took it to another level when he told the country he was taking it himself. Who knows, maybe it works, but you've got to be pretty heavily invested to take the risk of heart problems without even really knowing it can be effective. Of course, he could be lying about taking it. Is it even ethical for his doctor to prescribe it to him when its not proven to be effective?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

he has to have some sort of stake

The promotion of this drug is highly irresponsible and dangerous. Trump is 1 of the worst things to happen to this country in years. He’s set this country back, made the presidency look like a joke, and has emboldened the closet deplorables and racists. He has created this wave among his legion of braindead followers that science and facts are fake news. He lies about everything. He’s petty, childish, insecure, and is always projecting on others because he’s a POS.

Hillary Clinton losing to this obese tangerine is an embarrassment of the highest order.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My wife worries about the compounding effect of having another disaster like a hurricane at the same time as Covid-19. I remind her that Covid-19 is the compounding disaster for the original disaster. Fortunately, we have a chance to get a vaccine for that one in November.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Prepare for Trump to state he taking some sort of 'light' treatment -- he'll probably sit in a tanning booth instead of getting spray painted.

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

He's basically doing one thing...

Make sure he has an audience once he's not president anymore.....

T_Man

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump creating his own brand of science in America of all places.

Guess it's crystal clear now why we couldn't "bring Democracy" to Iraq.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

And comes November you guys will cry even louder when The Donald crushes him at the polls, and Slow Joe still thinks he had won the election against Calvin Coolidge. Lol

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's even more hilarious is the people who seem to think Trump isn't in a mental decline, or is actually in better physical health. He's a heart attack waiting to happen (increased now by his miracle drug and Big Mac belly) and as crazy as a loon.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This is why we need Nikki Haley pronto.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe his people are high off of opioids and think he's a sexy sharp witted beast?

[​IMG]

14. generalthade_03

I know, you’re probably celebrating on the inside when you heard the Donald is taking his miracle drug. FYI, I took Hydroxychloroquine when I was in the military when we were on a mission, the drug is well proven, researched with a good track records and minimal side effects, and I don’t take prescription drugs all my life because I’m into natural medicine and blessed with good health.

#114 generalthade_03, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, my first thought was he is scared to death of getting the virus while trying to project it as a farce concern.

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  16. generalthade_03

Ok, I can live with that.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its not about that, you took it for a reason. It comes to the risks and benefits, it has pretty much none with COVID (I said this initially) and has the negative of throwing you into an arrhythmia. For young folks prolly not as much of a problem. You taking it for something else when you were in the military proves 0 point

18. generalthade_03

You have not seen the positive results from doctors using that drug to treat WuhanFlu patients? Lots of drugs have off label use and this one can help with the virus. I’m not saying Hydroxychloroquine is the miracle cure nor the poison like the media makes it out to be, but it is one of the tools in the toolbox for doctors to use to treat sick and dying patients. The issue with the side effects is completely overblown, a lot of common prescription drugs you’re taking right now have more serious and deadly side effects than Hydroxychloroquine. Tell me that you don’t think this guy is a doofus and the people of Nevada should call him out?
    https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featur...d-hydroxychloroquine-gets-caught-hoarding-it/

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody is using it anymore because the studies that even showed promise at the beginning were crap. Physicians are not prescribing it anymore, they haven't for over a month now. The only reason did at the beginning was because it was better than nothing and almost everybody was unhappy about throwing something on that was very poorly studied. All medications have side effects, when choosing to administer something you have to weigh the pros and cons. Hydroxychloroquine is unlikely to do jack but prolongs your QT which can throw you into a fatal arrhythmia. What does the story of the governer have to do with anything? He's not a physician, and I'm telling you no physician apart from a couple quacks here and there are prescribing it.

Amiga likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When you were in the military you probably had excellent cardiac health, and probably were on minimal amount of regular drugs. You were probably going in to areas of the world where you were going to be exposed to different water that could get you sick and take you out of the field for days or weeks so it was a good risk to take. My understanding of the drug is the main function is to disrupt and change your PH levels which makes sense that it relates to Malaria/water born illness treatment, and also makes sense that when Covid patients take it they "feel different"... of course you are always going to feel different when you dramatically change your PH level either way.

In your mid 70's when you are morbidly obese, and likely on a concoction of daily drugs, thinking its a good idea to add this to mix for the hell of it is pretty stupid given that the risks are mostly related to cardiac issues. The biggest reason we are talking about this is not rooting for his death, but the discovery that only one of two things can be true:

-He is either lying out of a$$ and isn't taking it, but pushing a miracle drug in the most unethical manner possible
    -He is actually scared to death of Covid, and is willing to add an unproven drug to his daily mix of medication adding unnecessary risk just to settle his fears with a placebo.... because at this point that's all its proven to be to treat Covid.

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.