1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump has never had a drink of alcohol in his life

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Let me guess. He doesn't poop, either?

I don't drink, but I've had alcohol before. I'm assuming 99.5% of the world over 30 has tasted at least a sip of alcohol.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Neither did anyone at Mountain Meadows.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Neither can your fellow Islamists. Have a good day.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he shaves his head and puts xs on his perfectly normal sized hands.

[​IMG]

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

No it isn't. Alcohol has been a part of human culture for 10 million years. A lot longer than Calvanism and Islam combined.

Maybe in DUBAI. I've smoked weed openly here in Austin in public places, in Corpus Christi all during high school, certainly now in Colorado and Portugal when I've been there, anywhere in Tel Aviv after sundown, especially in bars, and usually because someone offered it to me. Also Berlin in any neighborhood but Mitte, and hash in Egypt, Jordan, Greece, and Cyprus. And here I thought Dubai would be an interesting place to live. It sounds square even by Middle Eastern standards.

Then maybe you should try living in a civilization without repressive religious secret police and slavery. It might liberate your perspective on these matters.

I personally know more families destroyed by armed religious fanatics than I do drugs or alcohol. And the agency is a bit more direct. They were murdered.

Alcohol has done more for civilization than any imaginary deities, angels, djinn, demons, or charlatans that claimed contact with any of the above. One drunk Ernest Hemingway is worth more than all of your imams, 12th or otherwise, your Cromwells, your popes, or any other repressive psychopath in a funny hat, and has contributed more to the canon of human culture than all of them combined.

2 people like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don't believe this.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

This could be interesting :

Alcohol is an Arabic word ,which means : eyeliners .it reflect the sense of how you enhance the looks of something , sort of romantic way

Another Arabic related word used in English is :Mascara , which literally means in Arabic : to cause something to be drunk.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah I know it's old. That's what I said.

You've literally listed a group of places which off the top of my head I knew I could smoke a J openly. Still less than 99.999% of the world you can't just light up in the street.

You can't smoke up in Egypt. You can smoke up in some parts of Egypt. In other parts of Egypt, an angry mob attacks you and you die.

Certainly there are cities where it's fine. But in 99.99% of the world unfortunately you can't.

Wow, why are you attacking me for being in a place that I have no control over? I live here because my parents are old, that's literally the only reason. Wtf does that have to do with a religion I don't participate in or slavery that I spend actual huge portions of my life alleviating? Ffs.

I'm sure it has. Barabaric ancient religions also have done good stuff for humanity I'm sure. Doesn't mean we should keep practicing.

Wow just wow. I don't practice religion chief. You just seem really attached to alcohol, and that's coming from a heavy drinker.

9. Buck Turgidson

I'm glad that you and Mathloom are allowed to post here, it's educational.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Your math is totally off.

You worked for their government.

It's commendable if you take good care of your parents.

You have been rather fanatical about your religion on here, including a wish for an old man to live in fear for the rest of his life over a cartoon.

Wait, now you are saying you are a heavy drinker but that drinking should be banned? :confused:

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Who said anything about banning?

prejudice
    ˈprɛdʒʊdɪs/Submit
    noun
    preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
    "English prejudice against foreigners"
    synonyms: preconceived idea, preconception, preconceived notion; prejudgement
    "male prejudices about women"

In case you might be interested in any actual details, I think drinking age should be higher, regulation/enforcement of fines more vigilant, rehab more robust and education more transparent. There are plenty of intoxicants out there less detrimental to the person not consuming it. My qualm with alcohol is that it's the drug that overwhelmingly puts others at risk, whereas a pot head is not hurting anyone but themselves. We are failing our youth by making them believe that alcohol is less harmful than other intoxicants, and we DO do that. It makes scientific sense that cannabis or even some X would be more attainable than alcohol in a civilized society - although to a lesser extent both cannabis and X are still risks to harm a still developing brain.

For a grown adult, eating cannabis has actual medical/nutritional benefits and negligible down side. Alcohol just poisons you slowly over the long term, getting off it is psychotically difficult for addicts, and there is always the possibility of drinking to death. Those are just the things it can do to the person consuming it. We can't be selling this stuff out of the fridge of a quickie mart. I'm happy for it to be more difficult to attain than that if it means supporting the younger, less educated members of society. It's annoying yes, but well worth it given how many tragedies can be averted.

I'm a heavy drinker only in places where it's the only option. I write a lot, and alcohol is by far not my intoxicant of choice. Alcohol works well for people that write books, not so much those who write for video.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Indeed, and that explains a lot.

13. Buck Turgidson

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ED5s1-Fe9FA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

One word: Sinai. Hash is the least of it, frankly.

I'm not attacking you -- I'm attacking your premise that alcohol should be pushed out of society. It's a hardline position and invites attack.

You say this right after you say that you can't even admit whether you drink or not! Prohibition didn't exactly work out well in the US and it created far more problems than it solved.

Then embrace humanism and denounce the abuses of Abrahamic religion like the rest of us that don't want to ignore the Enlightenment, Mathloom. But for Hemingway's sake, keep the whiskey flowing.

I respect that and want to believe you, but it's hard when you now claim to be a heavy drinker after just saying you couldn't discuss it. If you want to say that smoking weed is healthier, then say that. You aren't speaking straight here and it makes you vulnerable to accusations of sophistry that you will only dig a deeper hole of irrationality if you claim to be slandered when someone is simply disagreeing with you. Say what you mean, Mathloom. *Clearly* I do not judge the activities of others that bring no harm to me. I welcome sound debate -- please provide your A game because you are clearly capable of better argument.

I detest any form of prohibitionism. I think it is authoritarian and while I fully concede that not every prohibitionist is an authoritarian, it begs the question of why a person would go to so much trouble to criminalize behavior that doesn't ultimately harm them if they don't choose to engage in it.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

He probably drinks the same way Bill smoked:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K3wfm-pwH4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, I totally don't believe him.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

:confused:

I hope for your sake this crime doesn't rise to the level of drawing cartoons.

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That leaves room for the question if he was drunk making the first post or the second post, or if he is just a notorious embellisher and liar looking for attention.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Who cares? As long as he isn't an alcoholic, it has no bearing on his ability to lead the country.