1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dog Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Feb 28, 2013.

1. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Be a man and do the right thing. Everyone is telling you what that is. Get some help for this poor dog. Stop being a vagina and just do it.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't get why you don't think that you can do the right thing - so you come to the internet for help. Go balls out to take care of this furry loving animal who can't do it himself. Forget the owner, and DEFINITELY forget what the vet thinks. Just get the dog some relief. I agree that you shouldn't post again until you've done something about it.

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

If you can't go get the dog yourself because you don't have the right to do it, then how can you give the dog to one of us?

4. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh god.

I am just waiting for a thread one day titled "hey, my friend is on fire next to me. What should I do?"

5. Antec

Antec Member

I saw a thread that needed my attention.

HELLO OUTLIER....aka "houstunnin"!

6. Antec

Antec Member

7. Antec

Antec Member

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

Outlier, send me the guy's address. I'm going to go get the dog. This is ****ing ridiculous. If you don't give me the address you should be banned.

1 person likes this.
  9. Antec

Antec Member

10. Antec

Antec Member

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Umm yeah, relax. Something will be done. I'm assessing the situation. Most likely I will get the dog. I don't have money either, but I'll bring it to the rescue or shelter.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

This Antec dude is nuts thinking I'm this other fellow. Do an IP check it you wish.

13. Antec

Antec Member

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Agree with others...you need to act. Clearly your friend is in over his head and knows it. Why do you think he would object to you helping the dog? Makes no sense.

15. Antec

Antec Member

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dog lover here and hope everyone reps this man a thousand times. I cringed reading through this, I have a dog back home and can't think of it possibly suffering. There is no gray area here, you need to get the dog some help ASAP. Who gives a **** about what your friend thinks, a 9 month dog could very well die if its an infection.

17. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

When he means take the dog back to the shelter, you mean owner surrender? If he brings the dog in, there is a good chance that dog will be put down before even being considered for adoption. Dogs with heart worms, mange, and other treatable things are often put down when brought to the shelter, and I'm pretty sure this dog would be too unless a rescue group saves him.

As far as get in trouble for animal abuse, I'm not sure. Especially if he got that dog at that shelter, it's microchipped from the shelter & they have records of him adopting him, it's a possibility.

My vet doesn't let me bill, I have to pay on the spot, so make sure you double check their payment policy if that's the route your friend goes.

But that's pretty messed up. To see your dog in that much pain and suffering & do nothing? Holy crap, what if your own eye popped out as a child, your freaking eye! & the only person who can do something about it, doesn't. Just lets it dry up. That is so wrong. That dog needs medical attention. The eye cannot be saved, but to avoid infections and more discomfort for the dog please find a way to get that dog help.

I'd say just bring that dog into a vet. See what they say. They can tell you what needs to be done, what the cost will be, how immediate, then go from there.

1 person likes this.
  18. SacTown

SacTown Member

I'm not a vet but I don't think eyes pop out from infections. There is more to the story here which is why Outlier is being weird about it.

19. Antec

Antec Member

Look, every once in a while an idiot thread pops up. And this definitely qualifies. It seems pretty obvious that this pretty obvious either this "friend" is you, or you are David Hoang.

1. The dog has an infected eye, it popped out, bled until the blood clotted and dried, and we assume now the eye cant be saved according to you. So is the eye just dangling? Or did this friend "remove" the eye? Is this really plausible? This is coming from a dog owner. If you get a dog from a shelter and all of the above happens you would think its pretty logical to take the dog to the vet or even a hospital. But instead this whole event of things was allowed to occur?

2. Instead of asking for advice on what needs to be done, you made sure to point out that the problem was financial. Even thou there are rescue groups out there.

3. Fears they will charge him or claim he was malicious? Really he cares about what people think of him even at this stage of the situation? Sounds like BS. Its pretty obvious this dude is you.

4. "Obviously I don't want that to happen because I care about this dude." No one talks like that. EVER. Unless you just came out of the closet to us, it is pretty evident this "dude" is you.

5. "makes me tear up inside" is the exact wording...word for word that houstunnin used. Aka DAVID HOANG.

He offers to pay the vet directly because he wants to help and you directly back off. Your "friend" is in need. By the sounds of it you cant help your "friend". Someone is offering to help. Now you back away from the help?

7. "And no, not asking for money, that's just too much to ask." Pretty sure houstunnin used a very similar phrasing at the beginning of his thread.

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

^ Yes. This is outlier's dog. He just posted a thread awhile back that he couldn't find a job so its clear that he is broke so it adds up. Outliar, just man up tell is the truth that it is your dog and let us help you.