1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Vince Carter,Grant Hill,Rasheed Wallace,Tracy Mcgrady and Allen Iverson deserve to be HOF

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 12, 2012.

1. VBG

VBG Member

McGrady at his peak was much better than either of them. There was a point where T-Mac was arguably the best wing. At worst he was the 2nd best wing player for a good stretch.

I don't think Grant Hill and Sheed deserve the hall of fame but the other 3 do.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL....I can see you didn't pay attention to his career...

3. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

lol your asking a Rockets forum about Tmac? I doubt most of the Mac haters would be able to handle seeing him in the HOF.

AI and Tmac 100% should be in the HOF. Hill no he just lost far too many years to injury. VC probably didnt accomplish personal accolades to be in HOF.
    I have no idea why Rasheed is even in this conversation with these guys? Hell no to him.

4. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

lol shuddup..Did Tmac screw your GF or somthing?

5. jvu

jvu Member

Straus and McPhereson.. Totally lost credibility with me. Vince Should be a hOF Bcuz he's the greatest dunker? What kind of turdnuggets would say something like that. Didn't even based any facts or statistics on what they've accomplish to their reasonings.

Anyway props to JA Andande and haubner for doing their hw

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes to Vince, AI (AI gets little man bonus that Calvin + Tiny got; Vince gets college, Intl and dunking bonus)

Maybe to Hill, Tmac (durability)

No to Wallace (not quote productive enough)

Had these guys played in an earlier era they'd all be 1st ballot locks

7. Ashes

Ashes Member

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He was a top 5 player for awhile and turned in an epic mega elite season for Orlando. Those other guys never did that or came close really.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why exactly does McGrady deserve the HOF and not Mitch Richmond? Before you answer, why don't you look at Richmond's stats? They'll surprise you.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He screwed the rockets organization. Paid him $20 million and he quit on the team and lied about his health and then demanded a trade because his coach wouldn't give him 30 minutes a game after surgery.
    Then his career went southbound and he was never a great player again.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes rockets only fans don't pretend that mcgrady did anything or deserve anything he didn't earn.

You see moses Malone, drexler , and dream all earned their hall of fame status.

They led teams . They were leaders.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Couldn't agree with you more but drama aside he was an amazing talent to watch.

13. AXG

AXG Member

Yes to Iverson.

Maybe for Carter and McGrady.

No to Wallace and Hill.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Was he ever really a top 5 player for a while? Off the top of my head, I have Shaq, Duncan, Iverson, Kobe, and Garnett ahead of him.

In any case, if being an elite regular season player for "a while" and having no playoff success is worthy of the HOF, then the HOF has really become watered down.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Never said he wasn't a great talent.

16. DreamRoxCoogFan

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes.

We're talking about the Basketball HOF, the biggest joke of all the Halls of Fame. They let everyone in. Not saying it's right, just saying that it fits the terrible precedent.

17. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Take the red tinted glasses off bro. I agree he screwed over the team in his last year of his deal. But that has nothing to do with being a HOF candidate. The bitterness you hold aint healthy....

-Multiple scoring titles.
    -1st, 2nd and 3rd all NBA teamer for years.
    -MIP
    -Multiple All Star
    -13/33
    -Carried not so talented teams to the playoffs (yeah I know first round virgin for most of it)
    -Was a big part of the Rockets win streak
    -Was top 5 player for years and was talked about as being better then Kobe in early 2000s

that for me is a HOF career.

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

HOF, as in Hill on Fan?

Nah, Hill fumbled the ball tonight and could have lost the game a lot earlier if it was for Paul George with the 3 free throws.

I don't think these guys in the thread title would be a fan of Hill.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

All of these players deserve to be on the basketball HOF. Please don't mix your ideal version of the HOF to the Naismith basketball HOF. The B-ball HOF is a joke, you have lady team OWNERS being enshrined in the hall, while the inventor of the triangle (Tex Winter) isn't in the hall and it took ages for PJ to get in the hall as well.

If an owner of a lady team nobody even knows about is in the hall you have to put these guys on the hall as well.

Obviously in an ideal hall though, only AI deserves to be in the hall because he's the only guy in that list that was memorable enough to be put in a HOF. Scoring titles and awards are given every year IMHO, but AI's "brand" really made him stand out from all the rest.