1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does this game put Harden back in the MVP lead?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Feb 28, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I believe we need to win that game to make it 2-2. We currently have the same conference record.

2. Mr. Space City

The media and the average nba fan hate harden tho

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Gotcha. So need to keep winning essentially lmao.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Where did you see that @Air Langhi

he was never out of the lead by odds standards. This was just 3 days ago

bballjunkie likes this.
  5. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

For the media haters, yes.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

s3ts likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

The fact that Anthony Davis is anywhere on that list, is completely baffling.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

As long as we get the 3rd seed he'll win. The smart members of the media have already recognised that westbrook was a mistake and should never happen again so if Harden can salvage the disastrous start and get into the top 3 he'll have it. We can't have an MVP who starts the playoffs on the road.

10. Mr. Space City

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sadly, the media keeps changing the criteria/moving the goal posts .

12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They definitely do

bballjunkie likes this.
  13. Mr. Space City

They definitely don’t.

14. plates300

plates300 Member

This is Harden's sixth 50 point game this season - nobody in the NBA this season has more than one. Even if you're not enamored with numbers and all, that is absurd and insane.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden's MVP recipe ....

1) average 35+ PPG
    2) 50 wins
    3) Bucks no Best Record

Could still happen if Milwaukee gets #1, but no way he doesn't win if they don't.

16. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Yes. He has three back-to-back-to-back nationally televised games against Boston, Toronto, and Philly,. If he balls out and goes 2-1 at least...he's got a great chance.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

How many total 50-point besides James ??

18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Bucks need to win less than 60 and Rockets need to win more than 50. I think Bucks finish with 63 honestly and it will be very hard not to give it to him if they win 62+

Anyone that thinks Harden is in the lead is a homer. Sorry. I do think that Harden has been the best player out of the the two this season though.

19. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

According to what I've read and heard over the last month MVP opinion breaks down to two schools of thought and one variation.

1. Harden's if he keeps scoring.
    2. Giannis if he keeps playing like he has AND his team has the best record. Harden takes it otherwise.
    2b Within this variation of school 2 George takes it if Giannis falls.

School 2 seems full of a lot of people who think Harden is purposefully chasing stats, don't like his style of play, or both.

IMO Harden's performance tonight reinforces the opinion of those in the first school who might be wavering, get school two's attention, and might move him ahead of George in 2b's list.

But as some have said, the definition of why someone who gets MVP seems to always change with Harden. Best team when Harden has better stats. Best stats when Harden has the better team.

My opinion, Harden should win, but since I don't vote, to win Harden's stats and Rocket's record need to add up to more than the Freak's flash, stats, and team record.

TBH - I would rather Harden not have to play like this to keep Houston in the playoffs. Like most, I'll trade back to back MVPs for a championship. Hakeem might have been ticked when Robinson took his MVP trophy, but in the end, he got the better duplicate.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Bucks end up with the best record in the league, and Rockets have 3-5th best record in the West, shouldn't GA win the MVP?

Isnt this what we complained about when Westbrook won the MVP over Harden because of his triple doubles?

Personally, I dont care much about the MVP award but I do know Morey, Harden, and seems most of the Rockets fans care a lot about it.

snowconeman22 and Sajan like this.