1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does the Kidd trade help us vs Dallas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by intergalactic, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Unfortunately, noone is going to stop laughing at you, I mean Cuban, just because you, I mean Cuban, said, "How the hell would I know".

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

It seems like the recent trades by the Suns and the Mavs have actually made us more able to matchup against them.

Leaguewide conspiracy by David Stern to have Houston win the championship? ;)

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

i just find it hilarious that most posters here would think that jason kidd cannot improve Dallas.

They dig up stats to shows that jason kidd cant shoot(which he could never do it since his rookie years), slow( yes on the foot speed but certainly not on the tempo of the game), old( technically yes, but his age/mobility is not such a factor as speed and athletic was not part of his game. ) and overrated( just look at how he plays during the all-star game. ).

His ability to pass the ball make things so much easier for his team mates. Jason Kidd make an all-star out of kenyon martin, improve richard jefferson to borderline all-star and make Kristic actually looks like a decent player.

How would he improve Dallas? By controlling the tempo, getting the ball to the hands of Dirk and Josh at places where they are more effective, provide experience and stability that both devin harris and jason terry could not provide, not to mention the ability to guard big PGs.

About Stackhouse, Morey wave your magic wand and get Stackhouse over.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bingo
    The Rockets will CRUSH them this year

Man . . .The west is lining up nicely for us

Rocket RIver

5. krockets

krockets Member

Dallas has never look at us as their top competitors in the playoffs, they are doing this trade because of Spurs, Lakers, Phoenix, and maybe Utah. Yes, Harris looks promising, but I don't see him as good as Kidd in the playoff.

Remember another thing guys, they won 65+ games last year and lost to a 8th seed team in the playoff.. Teams in the West has improved a lot this season, winning 50 games no longer guaranteed you playoff spot. With that in mind and also the fact their key rosters hasn't change much the last two seasons, it's understandable they pull the trigger on this trade...

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

George blocked the trade.

7. iku

iku Member

lmao i was laughing pretty hard when he blocked the trader.. ouch for cuban and the mavs

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure why everyone is so giddy about this trade. Dallas is much better with Kidd, and Stackhouse is coming back to Dallas after the Nets release him.

Houston needs to follow suit. The top teams in the West just got better and Houston is staying status quo. And status quo was not even good enough before the trades.

I hope Morey is shrewd enough to realize that he has to make a move, a move that doesn't just improve the team in the short term (e.g. Van Gundy's love for over-the-hill vets w/no speed/athleticism) but in the long term (youth, athleticism & games to complement Yao-not necessarily McGrady).

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Damn. Devean George saved the Mavs from sucking

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

wow. devean george's biggest play of his career, and it is off the court.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

What trade?

12. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

How is the Stackhouse signing going to work? I'm assuming the Nets aren't going to cough up their own money to buy him out, so he is a free agent with no buyout...what kind of contract can the Mavericks sign him to? Minimum?

13. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

yknow, 29 other GMs could have had Nash at less than max money too.

and there is no need for you to be an ass. thanks.

14. 99bb

99bb Member

We may consider to trade Snyder for George so that Cuban can finish his dumb trade. :D

15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

who in the hell gave devin goerge a no trade clause???

16. tomjc

tomjc Member

Morey made many moves in the offseason that addresses the future. If anything, we need some veterans who know how to win on this team.

17. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

anything that takes stackhouse out of our way is good for us.

18. Classic

Classic Member

I think the Pheonix and Dallas trades (if it goes through) give the Rockets a better matchup. I think the Mavericks may be a better team but I also think the Rockets will match up with the Mavs better now. The Rockets also match up better with the Suns now as well with Marion not there. I'm feeling better about any number of first round opponents now. I think we have a good chance of upsetting NO, Pho, Spurs, Mavs. Our disciplined half-court game with Tracy as a distributor and Yao the main scoring option and chemistry should gel by the time the playoffs role around and reminents of JVG's defense will allow the Rockets to prevail. Only team I wouldn't want in the first round is the Lakers.

19. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I'm pretty disappointed that this hasn't gone through. the Mavs bench would routinely kill us, and they are ready to trade away half of it. Plus Harris on the PnR is an absolute nightmare for us.

I really hope this deal happens.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope Dallas doesn't get Cassell as plan B.