1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does The crowd make games worse?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 6, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

$2 hotdog night bro

rockets13champs likes this.
  2. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Games were way more hyped at Lakewood @tinman

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Actually, I'm seeing empty seats and unenthusiastic crowds all around the league these days. Yes, there are a few places where the crowd is in their seats and getting loud. But, overall it looks like the thrill is gone in the NBA.

I think what has happened is people realize that the regular season doesn't really mean that much. We all know who the contenders are. We know pretty much who will be in the playoffs. Even the players and coaches seem bored with the regular season. Load management starts the first week of the season. Regular season games are looking more and more like the NBA all-star game where no defense is played and all we see are layups and three point attempts.

I'm starting to tune out. Maybe I'll get more interested for the playoffs. That's when the games really mean something and the players start really playing hard.

CallMeTheDream, hakeem94 and KePoW like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

crowd can only be bothered to make noise when there’s food involved or they’re tossing out free T-shirts...so embarrassing

the “defense” and “lets go Rockets” chants are so pathetically weak all game

let somebody toss a football onto the court tho and watch TC erupt sounding like a 2010 OKC home game...

CK Johnson likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Only until tipoff. It's the Happy hour special. We were playing a **** team and I dumped my tickets for $15 each.

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Homers acting like this is normal. We have the saddest “crowds” in the league

7. Nook

Nook Member

It is hard for a few reasons.

First the Toyota Center just isn't built in such a way that it will ever be as loud or as close to the floor as some other arenas.

Second, all those tickets on what they call "the lower bowl" have been bought and paid for at a high cost. However they have been bought by businesses so they are not always used by people that are big fans and also they are used to impress clients. So it isn't unusual for people to be late or sometimes never even show up.

Ownership isn't likely to do much to change because all the tickets are sold out regardless.

The best chance is to win a championship and/or get a new Arena.

hakeem94 and Roomba like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't style of play. It has been like this since the Toyota Center opened.

It is the design of the arena coupled with the fact that a majority of the lower bowl has been bought by corporations.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The poor people in the cheaper seats are truer basketball fans and cheer pretty loud.....

Nook likes this.
  10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like we're gonna have to win a championship then :D:D:D

Nook likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Yes....... I took this picture from outside the Toyota Center where the upper bowl poor people are kept in pens until let into the arena.

MrSabotage and Sanctity like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

I sit in the lower bowl and buy hot dogs

@Jontro
    @Reeko

the people complaining about the crowds while watching it on a russian hack site at home in their parent's house
    are lazy cheapskates

MorningZippo likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t sit in the lower bowl much anymore because there were just too many times where I had damn near the whole row to myself or nobody around me was making noise...the upper bowl is just a much more fun experience most of the time...TC atmosphere is not pure

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Not for me its drexler and worrell. I hate 2atching home games having to listen to those 2

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

i sat in the upper bowl all the time during the late 90s and 2000s. they're not as rowdy as their reputation. there have been numerous times where i got weird looks from people because i was cheering. we really do have some of the lamest fans unfortunately.

sidenote: aint no experience like watching dream in the summit. even early franchise days at the summit was better than any games I've attended at the toybox.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

True in most major cities that have NBA arenas. And the upper bowl features plenty of no-shows and fans that aren't really that into it.

Houston has had fan apathy issues with all their teams at various stages. The Rockets not having been a true contender, and not really having a likeable star/roster that captivates the city is just as much reason for fans not being all that passionate.

The NBA season is too long. 41 home games way too much, especially when less than 10-12 of them end up being true "marquee" games for teams with championship aspirations.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I agree with this...people talk like the upper bowl is sounding like a Portland home game...well, in comparison to the lower bowl it might as well be...if the entire stadium was like how the upper bowl is, then TC would have a pretty respectable HCA tho

it seriously sucks when u go to a game, you’re sitting in the lower bowl, and the next closest person in your row is like 6 or 7 seats down and no one is cheering at all...I hate it

I wish I had the chance to go to the Summit back during the championship days

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  18. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Get outta here with that nonsense. Bill Worrell is a Houston legend and institution.

19. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Lol no, football is king in Texas, that will always be the case. As it should be.

But Rockets and Astros can fight it out for second fiddle, depending on how well a stretch either team is in for a few years. Right now it's the Astros, but has not always been in the past.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Obviously it’s Les Alexander’s fault

Reeko likes this.