1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Resigning Deke Make Sense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeteTheCheat, Jul 18, 2007.

1. The Brian

The Brian Member

we want to give deke a ring before he retires. :) :eek:

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Vet's min is around 1.2M with around 400k of that paid by the league and not included in the team salary.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think he should retire and stay with the Rockets in a coaching or administrative capacity.

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Given that I love Yao but have zero confidence that he will play 80 games, I say yes. You would be hard pressed to find another backup center so capable for so cheap. That he's all class is icing.

Evan

5. SonKhan

SonKhan Member

No way.

He's done.

We need a quality backup for Yao that can play consistently hard and effectively.

I appreiate the man mutumbo is but his time here should be over. Huge liability next season

6. Bald Puppet

Bald Puppet Member

I think the only reason we might resign him is out of respect. With Butler I think we have a great backup for Yao. If he is signed he'll probably play only garbage minutes like maybe 5 minutes every few weeks.

7. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

not so sure about that... you'd think they would have done it for Hakeem.

8. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

That alone would be worth the MLE. Play-by-play by Cookie Monster. I'd be in stitches. :D

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Deke wants to play one more season, you have to sign him. He earned it last season.