1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Jeremy Lin really NOT want to come to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 16, 2012.

1. woodtee

woodtee Member

I've been hearing reports from that idiot from 610, Josh Innis, that NY media has been reporting that Lin has told friends that he really wanted NY to sign him and stay a Knick. Innis goes as far as saying, "Lin doesn't want to come to Houston... In fact, NO ONE wants to come to Houston."

Besides hating this stupid, negative pseudo-fan (Innis), I also want to logically prove his theory wrong.

1) First, if Lin hates Houston so much, why did he sign with us the first time and now with the whole Linsanity fame, why does he choose Houston AGAIN when he could've signed with any team (especially at that initial low offer)?

2) Secondly, Innis says that Lin does not want to come to Houston and Morey would have to "rufie" free agents to come to Houston. However the reports said that Lin told friends he wanted the Knicks to match the offer. That, in no way, precludes that Lin hates Houston. Even if the reports were true (which I believe them to be misinterpreted or downright fabricated), the most likely scenario is that NY and Houston are top two on his list.
    (Really don't know why he needs to change words around and coin them as "fact" --- very bothersome)

3) Next, if Lin really wanted to be a Knick so badly, why wouldn't he have just signed the first verbally agreed upon contract. It was so low, the Knicks would have been guaranteed to match. Instead, he purposefully reschedules a meeting with Houston to up the offer in such a way to make it hurt the Knicks tremendously to match. Probably knowing they would be extremely ticked off with the unorthodoxy of the timing, which of course is what happened. Does this really sound like he wanted to be a Knick? Going to Harvard, I don't think he's that stupid.

4) Also, why would Lin want to play with Jason Kidd demanding to be te closer of the team? Basically, the signing of Kidd says "We do not believe in you, Lin." Houston however got rid of (not one) but TWO very good starting point guards JUST to get him ;) He knew he would be the star and featured guard in Houston... PERIOD!

5) Lastly, with the whole Yao phenomenon, both Lin and the Rockets understood the worldwide impact they can have together (plus ALL that money!). The Linsanity in the Big Apple has happened and it could be time for that next big step. Yes, staying in NYC could continue the fame, but not in the direction they were heading. Lin can't thrive when the coach is committed to justify melo's "ridiculous" albatross contract.

Anyway, I think Josh Innis is way wrong on this one. Any thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I've found your problem

4 people like this.
  3. New Generation

I don't think that was planned. May be wrong.

4. TheresTheDagger

^This

5. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

LOL!!

6. vernonmaxwell86

pure speculation

you think lin will hate returning to an organization hes familiar with and that has yao ming as a mentor/friend?

7. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

LOL

/thread

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

The fact you continue to listen to 610 and then proceed to get mad or angry or frustrated or whatever at what they say...we can't help out there.

People told you to switch already!

9. Possum

Possum Member

again........this!

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Solution to freeing yourself from that asshat Innes - Sportstalk 790

11. luden

luden Member

Stop. Go read Lin's Twitter. He says if there are no quotes, it's not true.

12. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

My Radio stays on 790 now. 610 is a joke. Unless they're covering the Texans or weekend radio.

Other than that Josh Innes is a joke. Always has been. And always will be. He know nothing about Houston and their fans.

I hope he reads what I said. Cause he does read Clutchfans.

13. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I started listening to sports radio about a couple weeks ago and I have quickly learned that 790 is superior to 610.

14. Indaface

Indaface Member

Lock this thread please, opinions of 610 radio jackasses should be in the hangout. Not sports related.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You're right.

We accidentally traded Lowry to Toronto after already losing Goran (having decided against the player option in the 4th year)

We agreed on the trade the day before Lin accepted the initial terms. But I'd hardly say it was unplanned...

16. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He wouldn't have sign an offer sheet if he didn't.

17. woodtee

woodtee Member

I'm like a drug addict :(

I really do want to quit him, but the Other stations d

18. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

End Thread.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Word, sports radio sucks. Talk show host have to spew idiocy in order to attract listeners. They're professional trolls.

20. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

610 is just mad the Rockets are moving to a diffrent station.