1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does James Harden want out of Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

Board* iPhone autocorrect

1 person likes this.
  2. hoopball

hoopball Member

if you think today's Harden was that bad, you clearly didn't watch last year's game 5 vs GS in the WCF, or any of his games when he had an off-shooting night in the past 2-3 seasons. if you need reminder, Harden is one of the most streaky and inconsistent superstars out there. if you check his game log, there are plenty of cases where 20 points with 5/20 FG game is followed by 45 points with 13/25 FG game. that's his weakness, and you should know that by now if you are a Rockets fan. really don't understand why some people act like this is something new.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I understand why this thread popped up, BUT James looked genuinely happy when his teammates hit big shots, and willingly passed to Thornton to run the PnR with Dwight. JB froze him out in winning time and he didn't look like he was angry.

This I agree with it.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

If I'm putting odds on things, I would say you have a MUCH better chance of Harden returning to the MVP form he had just 20 regular games ago than in getting rid of him and hoping to find another MVP caliber player via trade/draft/FA any time soon. Teams wait decades to get a true MVP candidate. We gotta make do with the one we have and help him work through his struggles.

5. a711

a711 Member

His shooting numbers are always going to be inconsistent, yep. But on the nights when he isn't getting shots to fall, he's still going to have great assist and rebound numbers (for a guard).

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden, battling a cold, had to get intravenous fluids after the game.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/671178341081350145">November 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

James Harden intentionally contracted a cold in order to help facilitate his way out of Houston. Sinister stuff.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

well, see... now I feel foolish..

I wish Harden had Micheal Jordan Flu games..

9. hoopball

hoopball Member

Harden can easily be a top 3 player if he can be as consistent as Curry or Durant, but unfortunately that's not the case. I think he's in the class of Westbrook or Iveron back in the days, both of which are (were) really good players but slightly less reliable in every game.

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

not if by some miracle Durant comes to Houston

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

DeMarcus Cousins has almost the exact same contract.

Length and money.

Just saying.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm telling you. It's not just this game. Some of his actions this season are very mind boggling. If a report came out that Harden is being investigated for match fixing I wouldn't even be surprised.

Not suggesting that's actually the case there's probably a chemistry reason or something. But this season is very odd.

13. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

He did say he 'definitely' wants to end his career here... so I'm guessing no.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And here we go...

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

This is a pretty strong statement! You are not alleging that's what he's doing, but you are definitely insinuating it! I mean, you wouldn't be surprised? Do you know something we don't know? It's one thing to be lazy on defense and another to insinuate that Harden is trying to fix games! There is a HUGE, HUGE difference!

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ya lets trade harden for a guy who can't even get his team to a .500 Record.....

Smh

Some of you guys are clueless or maybe just trolls I haven't figured out yet.

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Whoever is still criticizing him is damn stoopid

We all know James...he is who he is, but he is our best player and a top 5 player in the league

The best part is, season just started and he is heating up

18. StraightG

StraightG Member

Are we really going there? This is low.

19. a711

a711 Member

They're clueless.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Houston fans turn on a player - they turn fast and they turn crazy.

From Hero to Zero in 17 games. Wow.

1 person likes this.