1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Harden have the potential to be better than T-Mac in his prime?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haiti1804, Dec 20, 2012.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

So you are saying the whole "sucking gravity out of the building" thing is a reason on why I know nothing about the NBA? Damn, you got me on that one Orange. Someone inform Clutch so he can ban me since obviously I forgot that KOBE sucked the gravity out of the Target Center.

2. Orange

Orange Member

He went to the Finals his Second year. Like I said its ok to not win a playoff series certain years and I know it may take some players a while, But no playoff series win an entire career???????? Cmon man thats just pathetic. Theres a reason hes not an all time great.

3. Orange

Orange Member

But whats the point of making a statement without knowing if your typing facts or fiction? I could go on every thread and say Jeremy Lin is the first player to make a game winning shot and thats why Jeremy is the greatest, but that would make me a fool. All im saying is if you want to debate with someone you should at least know what your talking about and not make false statements to try to make a point.

4. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Of course he reached the finals and it shows how great player Hakeem is but he had number 1 pick overall playing alongside to him and a guy that was concidered as a player of the century according to Patterson in Ralph Sampson

We all know that he wouldn't reach it without Ralph as same as Ralph woudn't reach it without Hakeem

Special duo

5. Orange

Orange Member

Difference is Tracy had Yao who did it without him. If Yao can make it out the first round with Tracy, How come Tracy cant make it with or without him??? How come he could not make it out with orlando?? How come he could not make it out with the Hawks who made it to the second round they year before he came???? How come he cant make it out the first round in China??? How come he hasent even made it out of the first round with his wife???

6. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

wow, that is hush. at least he made more than one baby.:grin:

7. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Do you know anything about Orlando team?

In four years there were only two guys with "+" +/- category. Two guys around him in four years, Bo Outlaw and Darrell Armstrong and I bet that you won't describe their strenghts and weaknesses as a players.

T-Mac was number one in the league in that department which was not just amazing, but nearly impossible because it was at the same time when Garnett, Shaq and Duncan reached their primes. And he was better than them in a stat. category in which he should be blown out by them in a part

And there was a reason for that: Tracy on the court was their only hope to get something

His owner didn't want to spent anything cause he had max player on injured list in Grant Hill

One moment

Tracy McGrady scored 52 points in less than three quarters. Doc Rivers took him out of the game. He said that Magic wouldn't have any chances to win their next game if T-Mac would play more than he allowed him to play, because their next game was against Nets, two-time NBA finalist. T-Mac came down on the court and had 46 points + 10 rebounds + 13 assists and gave a W for the Magic on the away ground in New Jersey

That's all

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

dk what happened to me

9. Orange

Orange Member

LOL of coarse I know about his Orlando days. Look man im just messing with you. Of coarse Stacy is not as bad as I make him out to be and hes definetly not as great as you make him out to be. He is somewhere in-between and the Fact that he was such a cancer and injured in the end of his career leaves him with no team success and no Hall of Fame consideration or Retirement Cerimonies. I think that was his biggest mistake and is the real reason why he was unable to have team success. I mean if he stayed with Orlando he would have been with Dwight, but he asked to be traded. Tracys attitude and lack of ability to recover from injuries is the reason he is left playing in China.

10. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Stacy... Why are you saying her name wrong....???? Lol..

But, both players came off the bench for three years than went to different teams to be the main option.

Check Stacy's numbers for his forth year and Harden's for this year... Very similar with Harden being more efficient...

11. Orange

Orange Member

Harden will have the better Career.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Final minutes game 7 in 2007. I'm not going to argue with what you are saying because it is true, but T-Mac was settling for jumpers late in game 7 when everyone expected him to get at least a foot closer to the basket...it was pretty much a shock. You can't blame an entire series on him, but he sure as hell could have made a difference that many players would have done.

13. nickg

nickg Member

Agree with this. As good as harden will be I have to say no, I don't think so ( certainly hope he proves me wrong though ). Tmac in his prime was getting close to lebron levels. Had the potential to stay at that level, we all know how that turned out. Neither tmac or harden defend very well though, another thing holding them back.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That is absolutely ridiculous and totally unnecessary. I've known him for a while and I can tell you his houston rockets roots go deeper than most of the people on here and he is anything but a tracy fan.

15. the shark

the shark Member

You're comparing TMac to Hakeem (who lead not one but TWO teams to NBA titles), and is one of the greatest players in the history of the NBA?

Dude put the crack pipe down and go to bed!

16. the shark

the shark Member

BINGO!!!!!

17. the shark

the shark Member

RTM, what part of this don't you get?
    Of course Jordan, Hakeem, Bird, Magic, etc have had their 1st rd exits over their careers. The point is however that despite these early exits, they won CHAMPIONSHIPS, and also made deep runs into the playoffs.

PLEASE NAME ONE YR THAT STACY (I MEAN TRACY) MADE IT OUT OF THE 1ST RD OF THE PLAYOFFS IN A CAREER THAT LASTED SIXTEEN YRS?

We'll be waiting for a long time for the answer, because we ALL know it NEVER happened!!!

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy McGrady fans will always makes excuses for his failures, because saying he had such successes like a NBA championship, mvp, defensive player of the year, etc would be lying. so they make up hypothetical situations to make themselves feel better.

19. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

if you piss off t-mac, he would shut down your homecourt and rape your d in every aspect.

if you piss off harden, he would go to the foul line.

20. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

tinman & Orange, do you guys still remember tmac 35 seconds 13 points thing?