1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Dwight Howard want Stan Van Gundy out as Magic coach

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Apr 4, 2012.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I would fire myself and get out of that mess. I hope SVG benches DH tonight v. the Knicks, then resigns at halftime, and goes on TNT to broadcast the rest of the game.

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

At first I thought Dwight was trying to bully Stan when he put his arm around him, then I realized that Dwight was oblivious than Stan had spilled the beans. Not sure which is funnier.

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

lol. Wow, that's crazy.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm almost sure DH planned on doing this. Why else would he call out to Jameer like that? It was like he wanted Jameer to see that specific moment, sort of an, "i told you i would do it" nod....

Howard looked like a fool trying to imply the media made this up when SVG just confirmed it. If he doesn't want to deal with it, then he should stop butting into other's interviews like that. Serves him right...

That being said, it wouldnt surprise me if SVG got fired soon. Management won't like that he mentioned them as the source.... could use that as excuse to keep DH happy.

5. Major

Major Member

Can't speak towards SVG, but players loved JVG - he rode them hard, but he also defended them at all costs (to the point of grabbing Ewing's leg, taking fines for Yao, etc). I never got the impression players ever burned out on him or played less hard - if anything, it was the opposite. JVG burned out first (at least in NY).

6. Major

Major Member

Sorry - Mourning or whomever from Miami's leg.

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Now that you mention it.... That's some high school type stuff, whatever happens they need to make it happen quick, because it really is painful to watch. Probably both should go, Dwight isn't staying, and the team has lost respect for SVG.(because of Dwight.)
    Stan shouldn't have even commented on it though. But he's probably sick of it, SVG is a damn good coach and just like the team has suffered from Otis' many mistakes so has he. If they do decide to let him go, it'll be Doc Rivers 2.0.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Howard is such a liar. Kudos to SVG for cutting through the BS. I think it is clear that he wants to get fired. Otherwise he would not have spoken out. But since it is clear to him that it will happen sooner or later anyway, he probably thought "might as well go out with my head up high".

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It must be nice to be Dwight and have an organization wrapped around your finger like that. He could probably kill and someone they would find some intern to take the blame.

#29 REEKO_HTOWN, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Come on. They aren't Baylor.

11. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Yeah, it seems most of the players that aren't big babies like SVG and respect him as the good coach that he is:

It sounds like Dwight is just a bit too sensitive and wants a coach that sucks up to him and babies him. These superstar egos are so out of control it's disgusting.

12. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Dwight is a wuss, he lebron just want to be babied. If you remember lebron had the same deal with the cavs, choose the players coach(that is why I don't care that he had bad teammates, he practically hand chose them for fit!) If you read Shaq's book, he talked about how Mike brown wasn't allowed to critisize James even in small defensive assignemtns etc until (surprise surprise) Delonte west called him out once. These newage stars, Lebron Dwight are just pathetic and they need a coach with some stones. That is why they mentally are just not champions despite having more physical tools than anyone in history.
    Once again, makes you appreciate Rose and Durant more

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The Spurs are all that is Holy in this current era. Sigh.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Dwight Howard is never going to win a title as the best player on his team.

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I really don't like Dwight Howard anymore. He wants everybody to like him.

He's (at best) an indecisive, approval seeking, big baby.

He's (at worst) a behind the curtains power-weilding, manipulative, liar.

He plays this nice guy act, whether he really is one or not, he looks like a damn fool.

1 person likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

^^ Agreed I always liked him but this season is changing my view. They should have just traded his baby ass. And to think he was talking trash about Lebron after the decision.

That said, we should trade Lowry to Portland for one of their lottery picks, miss the playoffs and offer 4 lottery picks for him ;).

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Disagree... he's one of the top 3 most impactful players in the game. He could win a title surrounded by a group of very good roleplayers.

He'll never win a title on a team like Orlando's, though. I don't blame him for disliking the way they run things, they have a horrible front office. However, he does need to shut his mouth and play and stop flip flopping.

18. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Remember when people wanted the Rockets to get SVG last summer, so he could lure Dwight? :)

19. rocketsmetalspd

They are not. Don't you remember how Pop got the gig in first place?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is how I remember it too. Riley simply threw SVG under the bus and took credit for a championship caliber team. I never liked Riley. But that act just got me to wish him fail ever since.