1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Chandler have a shot at the All-Star game this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gil, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Gil

Gil Member

He's clearly the second best SF in the West but with the new voting system in place he's going up against the likes of Cousins, Love, Aldridge, Griffin, Duncan, Dirk, Anthony Davis and our own Dwight.

Could his increasing popularity and improved play earn him a spot on the roster through the coaches vote? He definitely needs to improve his rebounding and defense but 17/5/4 on 52% and 40% 3PT are all star numbers.

2. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

If it was 20pts/5/4 he would have a shot. He's good, but I don't know he will fit in with Love, Aldridge and Dirk playing well. Cousins is the best player on his team so he might get in ahead of Parsons. I think for our record 2 players in the game is enough.

3. joesr

joesr Member

No.....

4. haydenfisher342

zero chance, and thats good for us right now because hes getting close to redoing a deal. My hope is to get one more allstar player and go in the lux tax to keep Parsons. Parsons Must STAY!

5. Mr. Space City

maybe if enough girls vote but no.

6. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Nope. Harden's going to have to be voted in on the bench as it is, and the guys handling the voting for that certainly aren't going to spare any votes for Parsons when they have to make sure LMA, Love, Curry, etc get their due as well.

7. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I think he actually does have a chance and here's why.

Whenever you get a week before the All Star game, players get these nagging injuries and end up pulling out of the actual game. They then replace them. This normally comes to about 2 players per conference. I think Parsons could very well be a coaches choice for replacement.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He should but he won't.

DD

9. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If the Rockets make a great playoff run and Parsons shines, next season yes.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I like your post Gil. We were in disagreement when I told you Parsons was a star player and you didn't agree, but I'm glad you came along. :) Parsons has surpassed Mandry on my rockets favorites.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

West is too stacked. His good looks are the only edge he has on the competition.

12. leslie

leslie Member

They don't have to replace a forward with another forward. Curry, Lillard and Bledsoe could also be their top choices. (I assume that Kobe will choose not to play and that Harden, Paul, Parker and Westbrook have already been selected.)

For front court players, I think coaches will choose whoever is left on the following list: Dwight, Durant, Aldridge, Dirk, Anthony Davis, Love, Griffin, Duncan, and Cousins.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

All those ESPN donkey brains talking about Kiwi Leanord the entire pregame show when they said "Lets talk about Leanord and Parsons." All about how Kiwi was the next franchise player and didn't even talk about Parsons once in their Kiwi vs Parsons matchup. Glad he shut them up.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Next year Parsons will average 20 ppg book it!

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

don't jinx plz breh.

17. pnr

pnr Member

Man, I wish

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Besides, an All Star is just like a name brand. CP's performance is going to increase because he is an All Star, he will just get recognized for it and command a lot more money. CP NEEDS to get paid, prolly around 12 mill, but that doesn't mean we should overpay which will be more likely if he is an AS.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Nah, tinman will probably vote T-Mac in again at point forward.

20. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

If you look at the West SFs you have the following:
    Those are your top 10 SFs in the West (according to ESPNs position classification of players)
    So Durant is an automatic for the All Star game. All the others won't get in naturally. So when those injuries happen and players start removing themselves from the game (which I mentioned in a post above) the coach gets to pick who to add. He could easily be looking for another SF and that naturally would be Parsons (if he keeps up his play). I would also think Parsons would make for a great case against anyone else that gets left off the initial All Star roster.