1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

does anyone want the Reputation feature?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ndnguy85, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Good feature add :)

2. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Oh man, basso, bigtexx and TJ are about to get absolutely hosed.

3. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i dont think clutch has fully added it yet..

u should soon see an icon for reputation which you can click to either approve or disapprove of a post.

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Good one :D . But I think you should have used a different name. LOL with the way youtube is with tons of James White dunks I'm sure he has rep :D

5. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

That's not what he said but its says that when you hold you mouse over the green button...it is pretty funny though... :D

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Wait... so at the moment, it looks like I can give feedback to myself, but not anybody else. Ain't it supposed to be the other way around, as I in I can leave feedback for everyone BUT myself? :confused:

7. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

This is freaking me out.

1 person likes this.
  8. uolj

uolj Member

I've seen rep used on a bunch of different sites over the years. I think for it to be successful it should be hard to build up rep. It gets too easy for people to get the maximum and it loses value. (I joined a board recently and got one positive rep and immediately jumped to the highest level.)

I also think it can't be anonymous, too easy for hurt feelings.

Lastly, I like to have more than 5 listed, because I don't check very often and when I do check I like to read the comments from people. If there are only five shown there's no way to see ones you missed.

Here's some ideas (just random guesses based on changing the defaults):

Number of Reputation Ratings to Display (5)
    How many ratings to display in the user's control panel.
    10 to 20 (depending on how much of a strain it is on the server)

Post Count Factor (1000)
    For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
    10000 or turn off

Reputation Point Factor (100)
    For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Minimum Reputation Count (10)
    How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?
    5 (just so people who get knocked down early can still give some out)

Another big thing not on the list is setting the levels. I'd say each green jewel should be set pretty high. If they have to be equal levels I'd do a jewel every 250 or 500 reputation points. They will add up quickly.

It can be easily abused but I think reputation is a good feature if set up properly.

9. uolj

uolj Member

That's just how you check your feedback on a given post. You don't give reputation to yourself.

10. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I clicked it because it looked different and I hadn't noticed it over to the left. When I clicked it, it said I gave myself +1 reputation.

IOW, I don't get it, either.

1 person likes this.
  11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm lost, how does this work?

12. drumbum

drumbum Member

I second this...

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I only get to see it on myself and not on others, but maybe that is because it is not fully implemented yet.

My question is who gets to vote on reputation? Rookies? Members? Contributing members only?

Whom?

DD

14. uolj

uolj Member

I think it says "You have 1 Reputation points." right? That just means that everybody starts off with 1 point and your total current level is 1 (because nobody has given you any reputation yet).

Once it's implemented, that feedback button would be available on all posts for people allowed to give it. It would bring up a dialog that lets you type in a comment and will send that comment with your name and points to the person who wrote the post.

Either leaving feedback isn't enabled for anybody yet, or it's enabled only for a select few (as Clutch mentioned earlier in the thread he might want to do).

15. drumbum

drumbum Member

That's a good question...

I don't know cause you're already a Kyle Lowry, so apparently someone must of repped you, meaning that it must be working for some people??

I can only see the green feedback thing for myself like most other poster have said.

16. uolj

uolj Member

It's also possible that you get extra points to start if you've been registered for a long time or have a lot of posts.

I'm not sure if either of those apply to DaDakota, though. ;)

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I like the overall idea, but I can see how some posters will automatically give someone a negative "score" just because.

Oh well...I'm here as a fan, not for competition.

18. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

i think this rep feature is gonna work great. however, i think it kinda overlaps the title of contributing member. idk how you determine contributing members clutch (by money or good post) but for me it's already kind of the basis of the social ladder here. maybe u could give the contributing members some other cool feature and combine the rep counts and title status (rookie, member, etc,) so that it doesnt become too confusing. e.g. 1000 reps = upgrade in title

as for ppl not giving rep to unpopular beliefs, i dont really think you can do anything about that if thats truly what the "community" thinks. however, i do think contributing members have an extra persuasion power. i know i tend to always stop and take in what yall have to post since its usually of high quality (and funny!) so maybe yall could lead the community in the right direction to become more open minded and stick up for those with unpopular beliefs.

19. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

sorry but i also had one more concern. doesn't the star ratings of threads kinda go with the rep feature as well?

20. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Don't you think you need to update your SIG. :D

I'm sure when clutch is completely done adding the feature he will post how evrything works just give the man sometime!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.