1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone know what happened to Royce White?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by greenteaman, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Must suck to do all that driving and then sit on the bench for the game. I give him props for going through it.

2. Arthurprescott2

They have stuff like that for migraines?? Time to have a conversation with my incompetent primary care physician. :mad:

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What? Who of us wouldn't do that?

I'd be happy to hand over the keys to my office this season to my business partner and travel the country by bus to be at every Rockets game...and still get paid for it.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

He can have all the migraines and panic attacks he can handle in the dleague...once it starts (cause it doesn't start until 11/23, you know).

Unlike us, the guy is a talented basketball player picked in the first round, he wants to show the world that he belongs in the NBA. Sometimes I do feel bad about his disorder, but I'm a Rockets fan first, not a Royce White fan. He really needs to overcome this disorder if he wants to fully realize his potential.

#124 v3.0, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  5. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

What happened to Royce White?

This.

"As the media surrounded first Harden and then Lin in Philips Arena's tiny locker room, Houston's Royce White looked around, shook his head and said, "Wow." But he had no doubts about the value of the media circus that he'll see at every road stop."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...en-nba-best-backcourt-not-050738344--nba.html

Anxiety issues derived from the media. He's gonna become a waste of roster space. He needs to quit letting his anxiety rule his life.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Not arguing with that at all. I think you misunderstood my point...ultimately, it's the man's job to get to games. He's a rookie and he's gonna sit on the bench. Of course he wants to get off the bench and prove himself...I hope he wants that. But he's being paid lots and lots of money to be there right now. I am sorry he deals with anxiety disorder...I don't feel sorry for him that he's spending time on the bench alongside the other rookies at this point.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

No, I knew what you were getting at, and I agree with your stance. Both of us are just stating the obvious.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He probably ruined his rookie season with this nonsense. He should have made camp. No excuses whatsoever.

9. gah

gah Member

Oh, my goodness, get out. I just hate when people start jumping (off a cliff) to conclusions. Have you seen his interviews? The media is the least of his worries.

10. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I can't speak from experience, but I'm thinking these anxiety attacks aren't things you can just turn on and off.

11. kent335

kent335 Member

White hasn't shown anything at all which makes me think he belongs in the NBA.

12. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

If it's legitimate anxiety attacks, the body has ways to shut that whole thing down.

2 people like this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the camp issue is something that there really is no excuse for. whatever agreement he felt that he needed from the team should have been hammered out well before camp began. To me, that was a bad sign. Now he's missed a game. I'm not saying that migranes aren't a legit excuse to miss a game, but it just plays into this idea of drama and "if it's not one thing, it's another" kinda narrative. If it's a one-off, people will forget and move on, but if this becomes a pattern, any good will this guy has with fans or the organization will be used up fast. I'm rooting for him, but he can't give people a reason to doubt his commitment.

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I guess he would go down to the D-league and get some playing time there? Might as well, since not even Jones can crack the rotation.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Repped for Todd Akin Clutch fans comment. Brilliant.

16. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Haha, thanks! It was too good to pass up

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

A lot of posts about White. He is probably 6th string at PF right now. He has a long way to go before he enters a game. I'll wait until he gets some burn in the D League before I start getting too worried about him.

18. kent335

kent335 Member

Royce, I see that you pulled a good one over the GM that drafted you, just like me.

P.S. I will tell you what drugs my doctor gave me. They work.

Ryan Leaf.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's the 3rd game of the season and all I see are premature evaluators here. Many of the same know it alls who were pissing and moaning about the Asik offer, the Lin offer and the Harden trade.

Royce is a rookie so the expectations and the rush to judgement this frikkin early has been a colossal whine about nothing. Let's see him play first before all the teeth gnashing and panty twisting.

The same guys crying on this thread (and others) will the be the first to throw bouquets of their undying love when he gets on the court and tears it up.

20. marothisu

marothisu Member

Some of you are hilarious. I have followed this guy for a long time, read countless interviews when he was in college. Yes, I knew who he was before the Rockets drafted him. I didn't just load up on YouTube videos and stupid media articles in a week to learn about him. It's been a process, and ask any Iowa State fan about the guy and it's a completely different story.

His anxiety has NOTHING to do with his gameplay on the court. If you actually read REAL articles and read interviews with the guy, you'd already know this. Instead, you let the media rule what you know about this guy and make stupid conclusions about him that are pretty unfounded.

Does he have anxiety about flying and all that crap? Yes. Is it as serious as people make it out to be? No, it's not. He flew to every ****ing game of ISU's last year except a few. Only one of them had to do with anxiety. Two of them had to do with superstition because he had good games. He flew to Italy and back for ISU last year. Nobody in the media even mentions this. No ISU fan even knew of his "flying anxiety" **** until an article at the end of the season from CBS was published about it. I totally understand what he's doing. He is trying to ease himself into this stuff. It's not like he can't fly, he's just trying to have the path of least resistance for himself. But to think that he's deathly afraid of flying actually shows a complete lack of knowledge about White.

You can give the guy all the **** in the world you want, but it's absolutely ****ING HILARIOUS to me the number of people who don't know **** about this guy and think it actually goes into the basketball game. You need to read interviews with him and watch him play. Oh, he hit a game winning shot for ISU. Oh, he showed up big in big games for ISU when they needed him the most infront of thousands of people. Oh, he had great games against defending national champs UConn and national champs Kentucky in the NCAA tournament infront of millions of people.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but as someone who's actually followed the guy for longer than just this summer and has read countless normal articles and interviews about the guy, it's just absolutely utterly ****ing hilarious to me how much some of you jump to conclusions about him.

I have no idea if he'll pan out, but if you're going to talk **** about a guy, at least get it right and no offense, but most of you guys have no ****ing clue what you're talking about other than "omg, he wants to take a bus to a bunch of games" and "omg, he has anxiety disorder???? WTF!!"

I suggest you seek out articles written before this summer and the NCAA Tournament about White. You'll actually learn a lot about the guy you thought you knew, but you really didn't.

1 person likes this.