1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone know what happened to Royce White?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by greenteaman, Nov 3, 2012.

1. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Do you realise kevin is playing no rookies !!!

He was a late pick cause of his issues, otherwise he would of been drafted top 8 talent

rockets took a gamble.... at a late pick...

he has the whole year to transition into the nba

2. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

1) seriously....they guy has a medical condition...the rockets knew this and took a gamble...

2) kevin not playimg rookies... royce has 1 year to settle in..
    evaluate him at the end of the year 2.. e.g marcus morris

3)we have 5 pf no need to panic... his not playing anyways

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

(Sigh) 79 more games.:rolleyes:

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

That's not the point ...like I said,the guy isn't even trade worthy at this point.At least one of those other guy's would be a nice piece in our pursuit of another star.I'm not completely giving up on the guy yet,getting close though.

5. GPNHC56

GPNHC56 Member

I wasn't in favor of the pick when we first used it on him. I am still trying to figure out where this spectacular preseason or even D-League people are talking about occurred? I'm still trying to figure out how people could even say if not for his medical disorder he would be a top 10 pick? He can somewhat handle the ball and pass a little.....Ok and. He can't shoot worth a lick, he is undersized at 4 and to slow to guard 3s.

However I have not been following his situation closely, I seen another poster earlier say that he had threatened to sue the rockets for not accommodating his needs. Is this true?

6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Almost certainly, White could sue his employer (the Rockets) under the Americans With Disabilities Act ("ADA") if they don't make reasonable accommodations for him.

Whether or not White has threatened them with legal action is unknown but seems highly unlikely. The Rockets knew what they would potentially be in for as an employer in this situation regardless, and that's what makes White's selection so baffling. Better to have just selected a different player at the spot who could play issue-free. The odds are that a guy selected at that draft position will not work out anyway, let alone ever we worth that kind of additional hassle, so the Rockets really seemed to have dropped the ball on this one.

7. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Luke Babbitt was 16th pick 2 years ago....

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Would much rather role the dice with Royce White to be quite honest.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Has he tweeted anything interesting lately?

10. Raven

Raven Member

It's going to be interesting to see how many rooks get sent to the D League, but I think the list starts with Royce White.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would bet White, D-Mo (still adjusting to the American game), and Machado (don't need a 3rd PG with Harden).

12. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Just an eye test, noone seems to like RW, saw this during the rookie dance off, or ppl are afraid of him.

He danced like for 2 sec's then pull up two hands " man, what's up?" walks back to the crowd, noone wants to stop him, it's so weird.

13. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

I laughed.

14. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

First off, as a migraine sufferer, I can tell you they CAN sideline you. I've had to leave work a couple of times because I could not keep my eyes open and stay standing. Too much pain.

That said, a sumatriptan injection could have cleared this up long before the game. Players take shots to get over sickness, relieve pain in the knee, etc. Imitrex should be easy for the Rockets' team doctor to get ahold of. And if he didn't want to take a shot, indometacin (like Indocin) would work.

Keep in mind, he could have had a panic attack, and the team may have been covering for him. There's a tremendous amount of pressure in your first NBA home game, and the Rockets likely don't want to alienate their new player. Remember how fast the official team story changed when White didn't show for camp?

This isn't just to protect what they've invested in White –– which is a lot, considering they used the #16 pick when Tyler Zeller and Jared Sullinger were still available. Word gets out about how teams treat their players, and the way the Rockets treated T-Mac after he quit on the team didn't help much.

With Lin and Harden, if the Rockets feel like they're in a position to attract free agents, protecting White is a no-brainer. If nothing else, it will improve the reputation the organization has.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

this guy is annoys me

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

17. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

You've got over 5000 posts, so it may interest you to know you can donate $10 to the tipjar to help out ClutchFans AND gain the ability to edit your own posts. It's PRETTY great.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Helpe me out...was he at the game in Atlanta?

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Given his tweet, this sounds quite possible. The Rockets didn't want to publicize that he had a panic attack, perhaps.

20. Summer Song Giver

I doubt it, I've heard nothing about it from his twitter account, he steady reppin' for peeps with dis disorder yo.