1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

....does anybody want to talk about what Kim Ogg did?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dankstronaut, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Leave it alone man. He could just look up the wiki on addiction, where behavioral vs drug addiction is explained clearly with plenty of sources.

The reality is there are 2 types of addiction:

1) behavioral
    2) chemical, which is always accompanied/followed by behavioral

The important thing to distinguish: you cannot just die from a behavioral addiction. You die from chemical overdose. There are some exceptions such as sugar, which you can die from slowly through obesity. That doesn't exist for mar1juana. You will not die from it, unless you do something which everyone agrees should continue to be illegal: smoke and drive or smoke while taking care of a child or something of that nature.

The other important fact is, addictions have different levels of harmfulness. If you can be behaviorally addicted to mar1juana, it doesn't mean it makes you a danger to anyone but yourself. It doesn't mean you can't do your job. All SELF-harms from mj, which are no one's business, when applied to an average user, can be summarized into:

1) Absolutely harmful for a still-developing brain.
    2) Harmful for the lungs if set on fire and inhaled. This is why vapor and edibles are becoming popular.

All the other BS floating around is about the reefer madness image of someone doing large doses non stop all day every day for decades. This is a joke obviously and literally anything consumed that frequently will have negative impact on your health, even water.

All you need to do really is compare drug ABUSE rates in countries that strictly prohibit mj and countries that don't strictly prohibit mj. If your goal is a safer, healthier society then that's all that matters. It's not a coincidence people like Exiled or Bandwagoner are from places where mj is treated the same as opium or codeine or sniffing glue. These are people who rationalize backwards. They have a theological belief and they collect science-ish nuggets here and there and shove them into their argument. If their argument were true, the world would be a different place. Portugal, Holland, Uruguay, Czech Republic, Switzerland, etc... Country after country that has taken a sane and appropriately prioritized approach to mj have seen their drug abuse come under improved control. It's practically a joke now that people are not following in these footsteps faster now that there are live, real world examples. All the BS that these people have been feeding everyone is in the garbage and people like them are the last ones clinging to what their daddy was wrong about. But their daddy had an excuse for being wrong - the science wasn't as advanced. These guys have no excuse.

I'm just making this post for the general public that is genuinely worried like @body slam who is actually worried about someone. He should know that mental addiction doesn't lead to physical addiction if the substance is not one that can be chemically/physically abused, such as mar1juana. He should also know that his nephew is wrong to toke and drive, that's just as bad as drinking and driving. There are also psychological things to consider, for example how behavioral addiction to video games or mj or anything can get in the way of a young person's social development. That doesn't mean they can't toke, it just means they need to be made aware of it so they can tackle it. In the same way you don't want your kid eating chocolate all day, but that doesn't mean they can never have a chocolate bar.

People really need to grow up about this thing. The resources dedicated to this witch hunt can be rehabilitating people who need it more, who have fatal addictions, who are a danger to people around them, who don't have a friend to pull them out of a nightmare. America has an exploding opiate abuse epidemic and solving that problem will require these resources. People are whining about a plant that is less harmful than alcohol while pharmaceutical drugs made in a lab are literally making people drop DEAD all day all over the country. These things ARE connected. By over emphasizing enforcement on mj consumption, you are taking resources away from somewhere else, someone else. Unless you believe in an unlimited flow of money from taxes, which is a hilarious thing for a "conservative" to believe.

Tha_Dude and Bobbythegreat like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Anti-drug education? How about just drug education lol...

If it were me, plants would be legal. mar1juana, coca leaves, opium, peyote, "magic" mushrooms, am I missing any? Salvia I guess?

The things that should be illegal is turning coca leaves into crack. Turning opium into morphine, heroin. Synthetic drugs like ecstasy, mdma or whatever, painkiller pills, LSD, etc.

Pretend the term drug store doesn't refer to cvs for a minute. Instead of some johnny depp fear and loathing weirdo with a briefcase, let's say it's a well educated pharmacist of sorts. Anxious? No need for anti depressants, smoke some of this mar1juana you'll be fine. Tired? Brew these coca leave some in some tea instead of sucking down sugar and caffeine all day. In pain? No need for chemically manipulated versions of opium, here's some ****ing opium. Need to see some **** for a minute, here's a natural, non habit forming hallucinogen. Hey are you just here's for some fun **** to do this weekend? That's okay too because let's face it, a lot of people are doing this anyway.

ANTI education should be telling people the concoction of crap in cocaine, LSD, meth for craps sake, the addictiveness of prescription pills and morphine, the sheer fatal nature of heroin use.

With such a wide range of effects to be had with natural substances, there remains really only one question to me....why in the **** are people ending up smoking some meth hillbillies made? cocaine? Shooting heroin into their veins? Blowing holes in their brains with mdma drugs?

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Abuse that lead to addictions, and you're basically right, and also right about the mild form of mar1juana addiction,even alcoholism can be treated easily when compliance exist ,but it's more complicated than just that, Laced mar1juana is a start: a good drug dealer pick which clients can be targeted with hardcore substance , gateway to other drugs comes second : when brain receptors accustomed to substance, it need higher dosage/different substance to stimulate effect ,shortage of medical staff/law enforcement commitments who are interested to deal with this, and most important : Opioid Crises in Canada and the US ,is officially the next task to do, just show you how dysfunctional the system, you will hear more about it in coming months as efforts constructed to fix it

Half of my late stage cancer patients uses mar1juana,(mainly the people who previously consumed drugs at one stage) , the other half feel more sick when they tried, those who consume it quickly loose interest in medicated substance for lack of desirable result, procedure/regulations and they have faster access to street substance at much lower prices

Giving away your leftover food and used cloth isn't a complete solution ,
    btw, they don't prosecute drugs addicts there, rehabilitation is free, aid to find jobs and such.

4. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Physical addiction to weed is a myth or so lacking in severity that I didn't even notice. It was basically like someone saying hey now you can't wear red shirts. I really like red shirts but ok, no more.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. Exiled

Exiled Member

i agree , some can handle them self perfectly. and it's good idea when someone smoke mar1juana to be aware of something like Invective Endocarditis ,it goes often under reported/diagnosed

6. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Amigo, I'll be honest and say that I had to look up what that means because out of the probably 2,000 pot smokers I've met in my life not a single one of them ever mentioned having that condition. Or anyone else. So...I'm not real sure what your connection to any of this is, your posts are weird, random and full of what seems to be crap.

Mathloom likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

I don't believe you.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

maybe they did but you forgot,maybe they've forgot to tell you, maybe it's just one guy you've met over thousand of times who didn't have an issue or kept it private,who knows,without reliable hippocampus things become subject to wide speculations
    I'm deeply concerned about that

9. Buck Turgidson

Do be sure and ask if it's ok first.

10. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

maybe you're just full of crap.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think there's any "maybe" to it.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

The question should be how effective prohibition is.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Said by parents in Nowhere, USA. ;)

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

Don't know what's this cantankerousity is about, but to be on topic ,taking addicts to jail is like taking school kids for field trip to the farm, it serve educational needs

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Nope. You're just full of crap. Invective endocarditis? So, that means your heart is insulting you? If you're referring to Infective Endocarditis, then you're still full of crap. Not a one of the risk factors involves mar1juana...unless you're injecting it with a dirty needle.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

You are so naive/ignorant, it's ridiculous.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

did you notice how the auto-correct work when you type it ! let me show how your trouble start with whats in between your ears .
    wiki= is a good source to know ,but doesn't provide enough to rely on it

assuming im not arguing with a wall, when it comes to IE, I have stated its under reported/diagnosed ,not established yet like to most studies related to addiction for different reasons ,generally speaking when it comes to mar1juana it exclusively limited to THC ,that leave over 419other elements found in this drug without extensive examination ,but to be specific about IE challenge to diagnose , : its one of those medical condition often found in the right side after death with autopsy,unless an echo endoscopy behind the heart performed which is unlikely event to take place when dealing with addicts

mar1juana in term of cardiology can harm the following :
    tachycardia (palpitation rate/speed)
    hypertension
    atherosclerosis
    bronchospasm
    pneumothorax
    prolonged coma
    respiratory depression
    myocardial(muscle)
    stroke
    arteries
    atrial fibrillation
    add to this poor dental/increased sympathetic stimulation/decreased angina/hepatitis A&C/history of infection-surgeries /cellular,bronchial related to pulmonary and immune system and you may by now get the pic. the only thing you're skeptic about it ,is what's left : the valves!

to make the story short : if you're abusing mar1juana and hospitalized ask for antibiotic

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that's adorable. Did you also know that it's under reported/diagnosed, not established that coffee causes spina bifida and herpes?

I do honestly hope that this was somehow intended as some kind of joke because this is more ridiculous than anything in "Reefer Madness" and that movie's over the top propaganda made it a laugh riot.

leroy likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

America has the highest incarceration rate of any major nation. The lesson has fallen on deaf ears after this colossal failure of a 46 year experiment.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

Maybe if those addicts don't escape with their valuable possession of IV tube the moment they can walk, things would 've been better..

This's another adorable thing : tobbaco reported to harms thyroid gland,the mechanism is unknown yet ( it could be a propaganda!), treatment established upon normal patterns reading ,but interpretation vary by Endocrinologists

I don't watch often movies/TV aside from BB games,don't know what you're referring to, but when it comes to public perception, most thinks mar1juana makes people hungry and harmless!
    Relax ,I was just teasing the Cannabisers.
    I'm against incriminating, but pro enforcing rehabilitation upon dependency

#100 Exiled, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017