1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

....does anybody want to talk about what Kim Ogg did?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dankstronaut, Feb 16, 2017.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm a proud Texan and have lived here my whole life. I'm seriously considering moving after my kids go off to college because of people like Dan Patrick and his followers.

The benefits of decriminalization/legalization far outweigh the negatives but the holier than thou crowd in power will never see it that way.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yeah I am generally a Republican but can't stand Dan Patrick, either.

Rashmon and AkeemTheDreem86 like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

These Christian Conservatives don't realize that Jesus would roll the biggest and fattest blunts if he lived today. On a serious note, there is some very thin historical evidence that Jesus may have healed with mixtures of Olive and Cannabis oils and Cannabis resins.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've always thought the idea of "Christian Conservatives" was odd in that they aren't really conservatives at all given that they are always calling for the federal government to strip power from the people in order to enforce their ideas about morality upon them.

ipaman likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He might just be really popular -- you are stereotyping people again for no good reason.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Generally?

I am surprised by this. If you don't mind me asking, what is your issue(s) with him?

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

It's common misconception,
    It impact health exactly like smoking cigarettes but with extra complication, it acutely impairs a variety of neuropsychological functions in a dose-dependent manner, especially attention, concentration, episodic memory, and associative learning,& increase/trigger most of mental health issues and introduces addicts to other intemperance substances by the margins of 260% , and for those medical benefits,its highly overrated

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, he's really popular with the cops too considering how many times he's been arrested.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I sincerely can't tell if that's sarcasm or not....

10. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Holy smokes!

ipaman likes this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

This post is 100% baloney sammiches. Almost assuredly something people say who have never even seen or smelled the reefer, let alone smoked.

Like basically every word is either untrue or truth stretched so thin it's basically a lie.

Tha_Dude and Mathloom like this.
  12. Exiled

Exiled Member

I have seen enough to the point I decided whenever I see an adult admitted due to substance abuse intoxication, I would insert 16" NG tube with the least amount of lubricant through their nose so they stay clean for awhile

13. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I have no clue what that's supposed to mean. You torture people who need help because you saw reefer madness too many times?

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Ah ok. But it's still safer than Alcohol, right? So there you go. Decriminalize it.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Don't know about legality, if its like blowing bubbles and making small cute clouds why not!

Cannabis abuse: 1 out of 8
    Alcohol abuse: 1 out of 13
    Sequential gateway : very likely

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Use and abuse aren't the same thing. Do we say that 15% of the US population "abuses" tobacco? Do we say that 100% of the population "abuses" water?

Alcohol is a substance that can absolutely be abused, but not everyone that drinks abuses alcohol. I'm honestly not even sure mar1juana is a substance that can be abused.

17. Buck Turgidson

When you grow up in a country that has a Ministry of "promotion of virtue and prevention of vice", you can take those statements as you see fit.

Mathloom likes this.
  18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Smoking all day everyday is bad no matter what word you use. Preventing drug use is supposed to be tripartite. Education, legal deterrent, rehabilitation. Our anti-drug education is a joke, and deterrent now gone.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Buck

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Preventing harmful drug use is important, but you don't get there by lying to people about certain substances and that's what they've done when it comes to mar1juana since the beginning. When you lie to people like that, at some point they figure it out and then you have no credibility anymore when it comes to what you said about legitimately harmful substances. If I told you chocolate and heroin were incredibly dangerous horribly addictive things that would kill you if you try them, how seriously would you take the heroin warning after finding out the chocolate warning was BS?

Doing anything all day every day is bad no matter what we're talking about, that's not a reason to ban something. mar1juana isn't physically addictive and is practically impossible to do an amount that would kill you. When you ban that but allow the use of alcohol which is far more dangerous and on top of that is physically addictive, you send the message to people that you don't know what the hell you are talking about or that your bans are arbitrary and baseless.

That's why we need change.

Tha_Dude and Dankstronaut like this.