1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anybody here think it's possible the Rockets don't make any major moves in free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 4, 2018.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if ryan can stay healthy than no. im one of the biggest ryan haters but i know how good he can be.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey's iPad is broken. All the high profile FAs are gone. Now he needs to keep us from losing our own FAs, specifically Capela and Luc, and get some low profile ones such as MCW.

I expect him to concentrate on improving through trades. Trading is Morey's strong suit. The order of Morey's abilities in acquiring talents: Trade > Sign > Draft. I'm not worried.

3. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

It is almost certain. If Kevin Durant or Steph Curry gets injured it is game over and we win next year. I’m not sure there’s anyone we can actually get the changes the dynamic.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Morey has shown us how to use modest draft resources and maximize their value. Taking a gamble on Kyle Lowry and his development here, helped Morey turn him into a legit asset to put in the Harden trade. Extracting Kevin Martin for the corpse of Tracy McGrady helped add another piece. For Chris Paul, the Rockets used a player in Pat Beverley who they found in Europe and helped him develop into an All Defensive player until they flipped him and Harrell and Dekker at the height of their vaule. If it means throwing a draft pick to get an elite player, sorry, I do that every time. You add up and develop all of these mid, late and undrafted assets and end up with an MVP and an impact player like Chris Paul on A 65 WIN TEAM?! How can you b**** about that? Seriously?

I'm sorry you did not to get to see the full flourishing of Goran Dragic, Chase Buddinger (playing volleyball), Terrence Jones, or DMo. I'll take the team competing for titles, thanks.

Smacktle, da_juice and Do WHAT? like this.
  5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I think the only way we can add serious talent is by trade. Obvious statement, since no major free agents remain.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the Trade Deadline and Buyout market is where we will do out shopping

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hear you and i understand the strategy there, but i think we have some serious holes we need to fill before the season starts. i'm not saying we can't get to the playoffs with CP3, Gordon, Harden, Tucker and filler, but we need to bring capela and luc back. And we really don't have anyone at the 3 or 4 positions besides Tucker right now. I want to see a trade and/or some strong vet minimum signings (not of the MCW kind).

8. bevo202

bevo202 Member

That's cool he flipped a bunch of players for Paul, but you still need a constant supply of players your drafting for your bench rotation. There was plenty of guys in the 2nd round last year that played pretty well. Warriors, Celts and Spurs have stayed good with trades/free agents but also add dudes from the 2nd round and develop them

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we don't then I don't have much hope, because our forwards aren't great. PJ I love, but Luc isn't great offensively, nor consistent in scoring, and Ryan is as unpredictable as the Houston weather, and we have no backups worth bragging about. I really want a SF who can rip some 3's to make our team better than last year. We all saw the weaknesses at the wing, especially when players got hurt, or simply cowered from even shooting, like Ryan. Now we are without Ariza, who at least could be counted on for defense and rotations. Maybe we should give up Clint's money and bring Trez back for less, and throw in Beasley and another good 3 pt shooter at a decent price.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets are bargain hunting for value.

D-rock likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

alot of min and cheap deals have been thrown around though so far. And now that the pool has dwindled, there really isn't much choice but to really wait it seems. that's why i expected the only realistic way to upgrade is through some kind of trade for this team @Deuce

Deuce likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this. /thread

13. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I'm glad everybody here is smarter than DM. Could you imagine the team we would have if CFs voted on every player? Talk about disfunctional!