1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does any team appeal to more people than the Rockets????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Think about it...what does this team have to offer over other teams.

Dwight gets us all the middle aged white women with jungle fever and as the best clown in the game - gets the Late Show viewers hooked and kids
    Harden gets us all the wannabe kiddies and with the biggest beard in the game - Sikhs like the Rockets more too!
    Dmo for the European Union and super tall awkward folks
    Patrick Bev for the short people to cheer on
    Jeremy Lin to get you 99% of Asia and asian-philes
    Chandler Parsons to be the great white hope to get the Dadakota's excited as well as all the teenage girls (and again Dada)
    Francisco Garcia wins us the Latino faction
    Omer Casspi to get Israelis behind us
    Omer Asik to attract the Muslims and the Turks.

I feel the summit, i mean toyota center is going to be packed all season long!!! ;)

2. AFS

AFS Member

Kinda interesting how diverse the team is. It's a good representation of a diverse city like Houston.

3. blackjeremylin

4. j3i

j3i Member

Spurs have a very international team with no punks. (Well I guess there was Stephen Jackson but we know what happened to him)

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

If the Rockets are rolling out Asik/Howard combo every game, then not even close. We play more like a JVG team in that situation. And even with small ball, way too many FTs between Howard and Harden. Plus I have yet to see a single non-Rockets fan who like our announcers. Not that I care less about how other fans think of our broadcasting, but personally I find that very important when I'm not watching other NBA games.

6. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

But the TC doesn't sellout???

7. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

who are we kidding, half of rockets fans themselves (including me) cant stand our announcers. their ability to look past rocket fouls and call flops borders on stupidity

8. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

The announcers do put a crimp on things. I don't mind the homer part; that's par for the course and right up my alley with this team anyway. However, the lack of information/misinformation part is really aggravating.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

they sold out last night. all indications are the season is going to be chock full of sellouts. the season ticket base is large.

10. Apache

Apache Member

Jeremy Lin fans from all race, asian, white, black, brown, blue, green, all flavors.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who is their pretty white boy? who is their asian sensation? who is their bearded one?

12. blackjeremylin

just the Warriors style of play and man Oracle explodes every time Curry or Klay makes shot!!!

13. Deniz

Deniz Member

Who is Omer Casspi? =)

14. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

The average person off the street won't recognize any of them except Lin and Dwight.

15. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Best player on the team. Shot lights out in preseason and defended the rim all last year. Also brings the highly sought israeli/muslim demographic.

16. DocRock

DocRock Member

I second GSW. Maybe the Nets- their ball movement was incredible in the preseason and they have star power. Rockets games will be uuuuuuuuuuugly FT line marathons with lots of stoppages and turnovers.

17. coffeelover665

When i visit other teams forum, they hate our announcers. They said they are "the most homerish announcers ever and all they talk about is the past with no insight"

18. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Spurs is more diverse and Mavs at a time as well and Kings back in the day.

Heat because of LBJ, enuf said.

End of day, it's the W/L number that attracts the most people.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

like Bill Simmons said the Warriors have officially become the Internet's Team. They're hyped up everywhere and are the NBA darlings. Rockets still get hated on regularely, even moreso now that everyone is rooting against Dwight succeeding.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Seemed like so many seats were empty. And this was when the Rockets barely led, in the 3rd.