1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Nov 15, 2013.

1. IMPERATOR

IMPERATOR Member

I've wanted Ilyasova on the Rockets for years. This would be fantastic, but i would try and nab a draft pick as well, or if possible, the greek freak.

2. bmd

bmd Member

3. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I would love to get Illyasova, but why would the Bucks want Asik? They basically have an all around better version of Asik (outside of rebounding) already in Larry Sanders.

4. devin23

devin23 Member

i thought sanders got injured

5. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Thats a bitter pill for Toronto to swallow

6. bmd

bmd Member

Fine with me :grin:

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Why would they trade for Asik when they're developing Jonas?

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

This. Great trade Copernicus

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Hahaha :grin:

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Ilyasova had an amazing season couple of years ago. Not sure how of a fit he would be...

11. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Makes sense

12. basketballholic

A couple things on the Bucks.

1. Morey is not going to trade for Larry Sanders to be a Houston Rocket. If I know anything about Morey at all I am convinced he's not going to take the risk on Sanders. Now, if Sanders was on an expiring deal...possibly. But Sanders is owed $47 million over 5 years and $44 million AFTER this year. There's 4 more years of that deal. Morey is simply not going to take the risk that Sanders does something else stupider than what he's already done and he becomes useless on the team and in trade talks. Sanders is riding the cusp of being a boat anchor with one more stupid move. Doesn't matter how good he was last year.

Now a team like the Knicks???? mmmmm, they could very possibly take a flyer on Sanders. So perhaps Morey will get the Knicks to engage on Sanders. Perhaps the Knicks are the 3rd team. Or perhaps the 3rd (or 4th) team is the Sixers. Sixers aren't going to take Sanders. But they may take an expiring deal along with a pick since they have the cap space. Kinda like the Jazz??

2. If we are indeed talking to and targeting Milwaukee for an Asik trade....then don't be surprised....if this morphs into an Asik/Lin trade. Milwaukee is the logical landing spot for Lin. He could be the lead guard and star there.

Now start considering the possibilities of a bigger deal sending out both guys, bringing back Ilyasova and Ridnour, and others.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The only other Iranian player in the NBA is Arslan Kazemi. But I don't see him on active roster so most likely has nothing to do with it as everyone else has stated.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You are way off, Sanders is untouchable and Morey would be all over it if he could trade for him.

15. bmd

bmd Member

I thought Toronto was interested in Asik?

16. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Was gonna say id take jonas over omer

17. basketballholic

Respectfully, you're wrong. There's no way Morey is going to trade an asset like Asik for a risk like Sanders to essentially be the backup 5 here. Sanders is a 5. he's not a 4. He's simply an incredible athlete with elite defensive skill that can run the floor. he has no offensive skills besides the dunk shot. And he's a total knucklehead. There is no way Morey trades for him and has to pay him 4 more years after this one. no way.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

For the sake of argument, is Sanders and his contract extension even tradable (without massive cap space for this and next year)?

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He hasn't played in 4 games due to an ankle injury.

20. basketballholic

Yes. without looking it up off the top of my head, his contract trade value is all 5 years salary added together and divided by 5. So, I think his contract value in terms of trade is $9 million or so.

Edit:
    Sorry. Looked it up. Has to be 6 months after he signed his extension. He signed on August 20, 2013. So he can be traded on the trade deadline date of Feb. 20, 2014.

#120 basketballholic, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013