1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket Speaks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ivenovember, Nov 15, 2013.

1. basketballholic

"He's a fraud. She's a fraud. They're a fraud. Everybody's a fraud. (Insert dirty sex jokes about genitalia.) (Insert creepy meme or gif about playing with genitalia.)" - "outsiders"

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

The difference is we actually have proof Insiders are frauds. Each of them have claimed that the trade was "going to happen". some even gave a day and time, and it didn't.

"Insiders" have no proof that they are actually insiders. I'm assuming you don't claim to be one, hopefully. You just have theories, that's fine.

ilovehtownbb and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  3. basketballholic

When an insider posts what they are hearing, over 90% of the time it doesn't happen. Doesnt mean they are a fraud. It's simply means that well over 90% of trade talks never come to fruition. But that information does give clues. And sometimes what they hear comes to pass just like they said.

Take for example, @Codman. He's posts a lot of stuff here that hasn't happened......yet.........and a lot of it won't ever happen. Doesn't mean he didn't hear it from a legit source and that he's a fraud.

Here's another example: Demarcus Cousins. We've been talking trade for Cousins for.......a year...maybe two now. It didn't happen. Does that mean we weren't trying to trade for him? Nope. We were. Heard it from too many different insiders. Morey went after him hard. Just couldn't get it done.

Melo.......there should be no doubt that we're trying to get Melo and that insiders are hearing all sorts of buzz. Most of what we hear about a Melo trade won't come true even if we trade for him. Because when the deal is on the table ready to be done........everybody finally comes out of the woodwork. And sometimes the deal folds altogether, and sometimes it goes down totally different than what's been put to the public.

We've got some insiders here.....even beyond cyber, Codman, etc. We've got insiders here that rarely post and when they do post the board doesnt even know they're an insider. A few of them never post at all. They just lurk. But if you're nice to them they'll reach out to you sometimes.

Some of the stuff I have provided you guys has come straight from them, other members of this board who are insiders. When I told Trey about Paul opting in and being traded here, that info came from a member here who rarely posts. But they're connected right to the front office. And occasionally they have asked me to post things from them.

But all of the contacts I have who have insider connections have told me way more stuff that didn't go down than that did. Doesn't mean they were making it up. Just means something else happened and deal fell through. That's the nature of the business.

Here's the other side. The posters that constantly scream and belch fraud all the time are posters with no connections whatsoever, very little understanding of the business of the NBA, and they post very little in the way of actual basketball content and commentary. Most of their posts are just insults, jokes, and derisions of other posters that waste bandwidth.

No, I'm not an insider. But I do know some that are.

#603 basketballholic, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I know people give you a hard time (me included... and most / some of it deserved), but this was well said...
    [​IMG]

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You misunderstood. I'm not talking about the couple of posters on CF that seem to be "verified".
    I'm talking about the multitude of others who hear rumors and post them like they are news.

It doesn't take any connections to do that. Either that, or they just piggy back off what actual journalists and other professionals have reported and seek credit and attention for "breaking" the news.

Most everyone knows trades fall through in the NBA, That isn't why so many of these insiders are insulted. It is because they post things like they are certainties coming from a solid source, when the opposite is actually true.

#605 T for 3, Jul 27, 2017
    ilovehtownbb and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  6. basketballholic

There's more than just a "couple verified insiders" lurking and posting on these boards.

Some of them post what they hear from legit sources. And some of them never post except through others. Are there posters that make up stuff and say it was sourced? Absolutely. I'm sure there are. The NY Times does it all the time. So I'm sure there's posters here who do that too. Why, there's even insiders who are given false information to pass on directly from front offices or players and their representatives. NBA GMs give out false and misleading info. As do player and players agents. They all have motive. In fact, the overwhelming majority of false rumors comes directly from NBA front offices and players and players agents. LOL, I still remember an incident a couple years ago where Morey was asked about a particular rumor and he went into this big diatribe about false rumors and not knowing how so many false rumors get started. What cracked me up was I knew the rumor that he was asked about.......was started by.....him. LOL Still makes me laugh.

So even some insider info is legit but false. In other words it came straight from the horse's mouth but the horse was telling a lie to attempt to make something happen that benefited them in some way. Happens all the time.

I just know for a fact that there are many posters like @FTW Rockets FTW @Mathrocker and others who constantly badger posters and spray the words fraud, fraudster, and fake insider around like dogs peeing on every tree they see who have no clue who actual insiders are here. There's more insiders here than most of you know or believe are here.

#606 basketballholic, Jul 27, 2017
  7. basketballholic

To give you another example of legit inside info that is false.......

A couple years back @Batman Jones was blessed to have lunch with one Daryl Morey. There should be no doubt he had lunch with Daryl. Then batman tells us Terrence Jones is the third best player on the team and basically indicated he wasn't on the trade market because he was a future star. He quoted some stats and analytics.

I have no doubt that the lunch happened and that Daryl pumped Terrence and led batman to the erroneous conclusion that Daryl believed Terrence was going to be a star. That was all insider stuff.

However I also knew Daryl had been trying to trade Terrence, wanted to trade Terrence, and Daryl knew he was no star in the making. It was the classic put lipstick on the pig stuff going on there.

So legit inside info....but nevertheless false. And pretty easy to spot too. No GM in their right mind would want it out that they are trying to sell a guy when they're pumping him. But it's classic salesmanship. And that doesn't make @Batman Jones a fraud. He isn't.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You should have stopped after your 1st essay. Now you're dragging @Batman Jones into this.....

95% of CF maybe more believe you're no insider. Good luck convincing them.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Couldn't possibly insert Dan Gilbert here, could you Kevin Pritchard?!!

10. basketballholic

100% should believe I'm not an insider. I just stated I wasn't an insider above. :p

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  11. basketballholic

Gilbert is notorious for spawning false rumors. Pritchard is a good guy, or at least he used to be when I knew him at KU. But he's an NBA GM, which means he is well able to twist facts and manufacture a false rumor if he feels like it will help him.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

everyone should stop thinking i'm an insider. i keep telling you brehs i'm just an ordinary muggle, but everyone puts jontro in some kinda woj stratosphere.

D-rock likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Gilbert is a notorious spewer; KP really blew the PG13 deal IMO & apparently 'every'one else's, as well. Good guy or not. Would love his motivation on pulling the lever on that deal. Still, Gilbert (like Cuban) need to stifle the spew to get into other team's biz in public fora.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

How anyone could think Tjones was gonna be a star is beyond me. :D

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

only the highest Faptosphere for teh Jontro.

Jontro likes this.
  16. brosef

brosef Member

I've never understood all the hate towards 'hollic. Most of his posts are well thought out. Even if some don't agree. Sorry to get off topic I know we were discussing the hate towards Doc. Which is also ridiculous.

ChumpCity and BigShasta like this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

hahaha... so the litmus test to being an insider is basically whether or not you believed Terrence Jones was a valuable contributor of the Rockets or not. God bless Jopat.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yule C.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If yer fapping all the time, Yule never B inside her.

D-rock, MghtyPtrck, Yung-T and 3 others like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well played

MghtyPtrck likes this.