1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    WEST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the TWolves avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Doc Rivers not going to the Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hizzobbes, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GWMhLcf520w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

The only way I could really ever see him saying that is in some joking way... Maybe someone took it seriously just so they could make a story out of it and be "a source".

Oh well, it's all speculation now anyways.

3. lastreg

lastreg Member

Is it humanly possible to get Doc+Garnet+CP3+DH12 joining Houston?

4. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

Houston already denied Boston from talking to McHale so I don't think that's going to happen.

Also I'm not sure where the money would come from for Garnett. It would be difficult enough, to get CP3 as well as D12.

As far as I understand it, with shredding the TRob contract we can afford D12 straight up. To get CP3 we'd have to trade Lin and Asik... and maybe cut Bev? I don't remember the exact scenarios that have been laid out but it doesn't matter, definitely no room for KG.

5. lastreg

lastreg Member

Just daydreaming 2013-2014 Houston Starting:

CP3
    Harden
    DH12
    Parsons
    Garnnet

:eek:

6. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

I would love KG to be on the team for his competitive fire but he's owed 11.5 mil this coming season and 12 mil the season after and he's like 37 right now... there's just no way lol.

7. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Doc has lost the trust of the team, organization, and fans.

But I'm glad he isn't taking KG to LA.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They would get humiliated like the Lakers did. Having Paul, Howard and Harden would already be close to overkill.

9. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

Yeah I really don't know how he comes back from this... The presser on Monday will hopefully be revealing as to what they actually plan to do.

You're a Boston fan so you may remember better than me, but the year before they won the title didn't Doc get a contract extension that got some outrage? I mean the team had done so bad and was accused of tanking and people were saying Rivers had to go... but then they extended him and traded for KG and Allen and bam, champs next year.

Anyways, if I'm remembering that scenario correctly it's always made me wonder just how good Doc really is. Obviously he gets respect around the league but I always felt that was more for him as a player than a coach before the All Stars came to town.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources: Clippers initiated talks about financial parameters of a contract w/Byron Scott Friday night. Did not do so w/L Hollins &amp; B Shaw.</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/348545260269490176">June 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Makes sense, Scott coached Paul already, not sure he's that good a coach though.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Byron Scott = CP3 approved.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Scott got fired when Chris Paul was in New Orleans.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Start getting excited, Clips fans - of the 42 NBA coaches with 400+ wins, Byron Scott has the 2nd-lowest winning percentage (.444).</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/statuses/348556866831388672">June 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. amaru

amaru Member

The fact that we haven't seen this in a major news report yet means its most likely bull.

16. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

17. basketballholic

(Twiddling thumbs...waiting for the Asik/Lin for Rondo rumors to start.)

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Rondo is one of the reason why Allen left.

19. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I'm already there. I have been there, but the deal I'll been thinking about without the clipper trade is lin/asik/t-rob for KG and Rondo.

Although my preference is to try and keep Asik at all cost. I know KG would love to play for Mchale though.

20. basketballholic

Naw. What I see is Lin/Asik/TRob in Rondo/CLee out. Pierce/KG play out the string. RayRay comes back to play out the string with them.

Lin/Ray/Paul/Asik/KG plus the rest of their bench. Play out the string next season, then cap space opens up with Pierce and KG gone (KG will retire when Pierce is gone thereby removing his $6 million guarantee for 2014/15).

We throw a couple future picks at them to get the Rondo/Lee package and then it's game on getting Paul for Rondo and change.