1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rivers and the Clippers give Houston no respect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2015.

1. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

So what is Harden and his constant bellowing about losing out about the MVP award?

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

When did he do this? Link?

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

An award is subjective..it's based on opinions..plus Harden gave Curry his respect despite losing.

Playoffs games are not subjective, you win or you lose..and Clippers gave Rockets no respect despite losing..

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Doc Rivers: Clippers might blow up roster if they fall short this season <a href="http://t.co/l31EiiYr4K">http://t.co/l31EiiYr4K</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/651465739245744128">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Warriors felt fortunate to avoid the Spurs. Don't think they really cared about last year's Rockets or Clippers</p>&mdash; Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/651467629069111296">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You mean outside of the fact that one is totally subjective with constantly changing parameters and voted by media heads that are really just fans who get paid to write gibberish versus something that is factual and a glorious part of NBA history?

Harden losing to Curry for MVP is a matter of media preference and bias. There is a ton of room for debate about who should have won. Clips losing to Rockets is factual as they lost in a 7 game series while being up 3-1.

7. SKTTLZ

SKTTLZ Member

LMAO! ...step ahead of you on that.

[​IMG]

It's not even just Doc though, every time that series was mentioned it's noted as "the Clippers' great collapse". Not a "resilient Rockets rally" (that alliteration though), maybe if Harden was on the court during the rally, that would be the story.

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Garbage coach saying garbage things...nothing to see here.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Difference is though that Kerr isn't spreading this out to the public. If Kerr said it at all and if it was just a feeling of his players and those under him.

This is coming directly from the coach.

10. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Wow thats amazing. Anyone know how credible this andrew sharp guy is

Is he taking into account our roster at 100% or without dmo

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Andrew Sharp is a joke of a writer so not very credible.

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I guess that's why players like playing for him. He still has a player's mentality. Even down to the complaining.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

bwwwaaa, the better team wins a 7 game series. I bet the 76ers gives no respect to the clippers either. Who cares.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Remember when that clickbait article surfaced yesterday where Ty Lawson was "implying" that Chris Paul wasn't an elite point guard and NBA Twitter experts were bashing Ty lawson for those "comments" from that clickbait article yet Doc Rivers comes out today saying for some reason the Clippers didn't take the Rockets lightly?
    Trolol.
    Stay woke.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Posters here were licking their chops in anticipation of an epic game from Harden to prove his worthiness, a la Olajuwon. It didn't come out that way, unfortunately.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think what Doc is saying is right, but obviously who cares. They responded how they responded.

The Rockets didn't come close to taking the Clippers seriously in game 1, without Paul. No excuse for that loss.

So in alternate bizarro world of Doc Rivers, it still is in Houston for game 7.

Also, the Brewer and-1 play "could" have been a charge... but it also wasn't and that's a perfectly fine call. It wasn't in any way a clear charge. Brewer was out of control, but Blake was no where close to perfectly square and in front of Brewer. Blake needed to slide over a step to really take the charge... of course he was going to be too late doing that, which is why he didn't.

See around 4:10 of this: https://youtu.be/J-9vIaMhm90

never mind the fact that one play wouldn't change the outcome of that choke job.

The mental game is a huge part of how good a team ultimately is. All the other stuff matters, sometimes more - you know, talent, health, etc.

But CP3 has been healthy enough, with enough talent, way more than enough times now, and has choked more than once. He needs to step up his mental game.

Big year for the Clippers. Too bad the West is stacked, cause they (and any of the other great west teams) would steamroll the east.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I forgot all about this! Wasn't this when they went up 3-1?

Ridiculous when he said it and even more ridiculous now.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This is getting taken out of context. Even saw TheDreamShake blogger comment. That guy is not great at his job.

He's basically saying the clippers slept on the rockets, which is blatantly true, and that it blew up in their face, which is also true. There's nothing wrong with what he said there.

The part about warriors avoiding them and the spurs. Sure if you want to take offense to that go for it. He's more disrespecting Memphis I would say. He never said they got lucky with facing Houston. Just said they didn't have the toughest route, and considering how much more experience the Spurs and Clippers have in these western conference playoffs, it's not that absurd.

19. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

This.

I am disliking Doc more and more. He seems to have such a high opinion of himself, and pretty thin skin, both as a coach and as a GM. Pats himself on the back for signing Lester Hudson before last year's playoffs. Says he won't make excuses then talks about how tired his team was after the Spurs series and blames officiating for losses. Blows two playoff series in which his team led 3-1, deflects blame. Passive/aggressively, begrudgingly gives credit to Rockets. Whines his way out of Boston because he didn't want to be part of the rebuilding process.

So sick of the media calling him an elite coach. I certainly give him credit for winning a title in Boston, and taking them to the finals a few years later, but I'm not impressed with his coaching skills with non surefire-hall of famers.

Also, love this quote: "I'd call [Bill Simmons] an idiot, but I'm too classy for that." Way to stay above the fray, Doc.

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What playoff experience did the Clippers have? Our stars have been to the Finals. Three of our role players had championship rings. CP3, Griffin, and Deandre have never been past the conference semis. I don't think their role players had any rings. The Clippers are tough, but they have no history of winning, recently or ever.