1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rivers and the Clippers give Houston no respect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2015.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly.

Also, congrats on the Clippers beating the Spurs.

Unfortunately though, the Spurs weren't even the best team in their division last year as it turned out.

2. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

This 1000 percent. We could not have looked more disinterested in the first two games.

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I know Morey is itchin to get a fine right now.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is the difference between winners and whiners

When we lost to Portland the team didn't whine. They owned it and it fueled them

The Clippers are soft

5. MtthwPnngbtn

MtthwPnngbtn Member

I am going to ahead to be disrespectful to the clippers since they don't respect us. I am certain they would have gotten swept by the GS if they did beat us in the second round.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, the Rockets snuck the Clippers in the playoffs last season. But a KO is a KO.

They'll line it up on the court again, and LA's second team will learn some respect soon enough.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Than the mavericks? Ya probably but na not the rockets the clippers are a bunch of nimrods

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

They took a serious plane ride home after game 7... Now that was serious and factual.

9. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

This is pretty low coming from a professional coach. I would expect players to make lame excuses, but not the head coach. The sense of entitlement and lack of accountability permeating that organization is embarrassing and its obvious now that it seeps from Doc. "GSW had it easy, they didn't have to play us or the team we beat" What a joke. Freaking Paper Contenders. The Clippers lost because they weren't good enough to beat us 4 times out of 7, plain and simple. You don't hear the Cavs whining about losing. You don't hear us whining about losing. You don't hear the Spurs whining about losing. This is a make or miss league, period. We made the plays when it counted in our series and they didn't.

It wasn't like they lost the series on one bad call in a deciding game, they got their collective @sses handed to them in Game 5, 4th quarter Game 6 and Game 7. They smacked us in the mouth games 1 and 2 and then we responded. You gotta win 4/7 not 3/5 numbnuts.

</rant>

1 person likes this.
  10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

yeah ok...

you're paid millions and you couldn't do your job to focus and execute..

it's on us completely.

**** the clippers.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

LOL Houston will definitely roast these suckers again if they have to play in the playoffs.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

THIS.

He's also saying he failed as a coach, because in any playoff game where your team holds the elimination card, you have to put your opponent away. Rivers didn't get his team in the right frame of mind in three consecutive games in which they could have advanced by winning. That's a huge failure, and because he seems to claim they could have beaten the Rockets if they'd only have taken us seriously, then as head coach that failure falls right in his lap.

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Stephenson and Josh Smith on the same team......

[​IMG]

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Clippers have an inferiority complex. They are good team and can win it but they must think they are the big dawgs of the NBA.

Umm they aren't even the big dawgs of Los Angeles. Lakers get way more attention than them even though they were horrible all season.

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

true! :cool:

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

An unfortunate combination of (a) knowing Chris Paul wasn't 100% and (b) Harden losing out on the MVP just before Game 1.

People might not agree with me on the second point, but it was the worst possible timing. Harden gets kicked in the nuts, emotionally, after carrying the team like he did all year, only losing out to Steph "Take Riley to the press conference, she's good for MVP votes" Curry. And I think the team went into the dumps with him.

17. atwood

atwood Member

grow up, clippers:grin:

18. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

It's funny. They had 3 chances to close us out.

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Clippers not taking a playoff opponent seriously says a lot about Doc Rivers as a coach, especially when you're talking about game 7. Also, complaining about calls in this case is ridiculous. We beat them by double digits the each of the last three games. We straight up whooped them. When you blow a 19 point 3rd quarter lead by that much you can shut up about the refs.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This...has really got me going...going to watch some game 6 and 7 highlights and pull out the lotion..