1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rivers and the Clippers give Houston no respect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Oct 6, 2015.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Doc is the most overrated coach in the NBA. He won a championship with KG, Pierce, Allen, and Rondo in their prime. I think any competent coach can do that.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Personally I hope the rockets have a cakewalk during the playoffs.

#rivalriesdon'tmatter

3. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

In addition, if doc had been on cuban's end of the situation, he would have solved California's water problems by crying about what a classless move it was, and how the player should be enough of a man to at least tell him to his face he'd changed his mind.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Doc Rivers on tiff with GS: &quot;I’m surprised how sensitive they are about it. They are the champions, so they should just be the champions.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ben Bolch (@latbbolch) <a href="https://twitter.com/latbbolch/status/656191721227743233">October 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

English is actually extremely hard to learn, it's very hard for people from other countries grasp our language.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

But, you know...he's a Doctor!

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Overrated in my book - lets not forget he had Thibs there as an assistant when they won a championship who probably was more of the coach than Doc was.

He kept a mediocre Magic team mediocre:
    41,43,44,42 wins in 4 straight seasons and they had the issue with Hill but with an emerging super star in McGrady you would think that they would be able to improve on that win total especially when that first year with 41 wins McGrady wasn't on that team.

his first 3 years with Boston prior to the big 4

so they got progressively worse (though the 24 win season Pierce was injured for half the season) but once he got Thibs and the the big 4 of course things took off but after he lost Thibs things started to go downhill especially with the big 3 getting older and injured.

But the clippers they won 40 (basically like 50 if a regular season) then 56 wins the two seasons before Doc then Doc gets there 57 and last year 56. So its not like he improved them. You could say he improved DeAndre Jordan a lot but I don't know how true that is Jordan was progressively getting better year by year. But considering the talent the Clippers have had there is no reason why they shouldn't have been a 60 win team. That was one of the reasons why VDN was fired for not doing more with the talent they have but Doc has led them to one more victory in the regular season (which is really nothing since I am sure there are a bunch of coin flip games that Doc could have lost or won in the same way VDN could have lost or won) Playoffs they've gone just as far under VDN as they have with Doc

So what exactly has Doc shown to be able to do on his own? He does a damn good job of selling himself. But the results really dont show anything other than he just keeps teams at the same level. He has done nothing to show me that he was more responsible for those years of success in Boston than Thibs was. Thibs we know went on to take a mediocre Bulls team and make them elite. Doc hasnt been able to do that yet.

People may hate me for this but honestly I would rather have McHale as my coach over Doc. McHale has shown a lot more flexibility and more importantly has gotten results with his team despite injuries and crazy roster turnover compared to Doc.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Or, you know, you could just keep your big mouth shut for once, Doc.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who shot Blake Griffin?

Oh, he just flopped.

<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Clippers?src=hash">#Clippers</a>

<a href="https://t.co/rT79cHvXgO">https://t.co/rT79cHvXgO</a></p>&mdash; NBA On Def Pen (@NBAOnDefPen) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAOnDefPen/status/659932503495569408">October 30, 2015</a></blockquote>

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ethan definitely is a little f****r.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wed. game should be fun. Doc on GS: &quot;No matter how many points you win by, the records are the same. But we’ll see. They’re the champs.&quot;</p>&mdash; Rowan Kavner (@RowanKavner) <a href="https://twitter.com/RowanKavner/status/661427889951236096">November 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ha. Anybody who calls out that douche-canoe Ethan Strauss for being a little ****er is ok in my book.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This is no longer a Rocket topic. This has turned into a doc vs gsw thing and should be moved to the dish.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

cosign.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

how does the league office not hand out a fine for this :confused:

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If the league fined a everyone for exaggerating contact, Harden would be broke :p

19. i3artow i3aller

:eek:

Blake gonna blake.
    [​IMG]

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

yeah Ethan Strauss is little swarmy ****-stirrer.